• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you like to see the Rude / Tifa 'relationship' expanded?

Nickolaidas

For those who are not aware, Rude the Turk in the original FF7 had a huge crush on Tifa, which the game always treated as a 'blink and you'll miss it' thing, besides the part where Rude and Reno gossip about who likes whom among the Turks and Cloud's party. The game's engine was also coded to have Rude not attack Tifa when fighting Cloud's party under any circumstances unless she was the last of Cloud's group standing. The fun fact is that Tifa was completely unaware of his feelings throughout the entire game.

So when I played FF7 Remake, it was nice to see that they kept Rude's crush for Tifa, courtesy of the helicopter scene. So I was wondering ... would you guys like this one-sided crush to be touched on and expanded? Perhaps Tifa realizing Rude's feelings, or they have a talk at some point, or anything extra. Or do you prefer Tifa being completely oblivious to Rude's crush here as well and think it is just perfect as it is - a one sided crush that one does not acknowledge and the other is too proud and has a good deal of self-respect to believe he shouldn't even bother to try acting on their feelings?

Thoughts?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Tifa expanded? Sure.

Rude, not so much.

Flirty Flirting GIF

Last edited:

Aion002

Rude, Reno and Tseng are scum. Elena might be redeemable since she is a newbie and cute... The others can all die in ditch or something.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
No offense to the original game, but stomaching anime voices is painful. Making a love story even a light one would be too much "anime" for me.
Maybe they could have a scene where they’re stumbling around in the dark and Rude accidentally grabs Tifa’s balloon tits like

Rude: “what are these big round jiggly things? They’re so warm and soft!”

Tifa: “RUDE!!!!”

Then Tifa would realize that deep down she feels puppy love.

Gojiira

For those who are not aware, Rude the Turk in the original FF7 had a huge crush on Tifa, which the game always treated as a 'blink and you'll miss it' thing, besides the part where Rude and Reno gossip about who likes whom among the Turks and Cloud's party. The game's engine was also coded to have Rude not attack Tifa when fighting Cloud's party under any circumstances unless she was the last of Cloud's group standing. The fun fact is that Tifa was completely unaware of his feelings throughout the entire game.

So when I played FF7 Remake, it was nice to see that they kept Rude's crush for Tifa, courtesy of the helicopter scene. So I was wondering ... would you guys like this one-sided crush to be touched on and expanded? Perhaps Tifa realizing Rude's feelings, or they have a talk at some point, or anything extra. Or do you prefer Tifa being completely oblivious to Rude's crush here as well and think it is just perfect as it is - a one sided crush that one does not acknowledge and the other is too proud and has a good deal of self-respect to believe he shouldn't even bother to try acting on their feelings?

Thoughts?
No Tifa belongs with Cloud and by extension me. Rude can continue being jealous ☺️

Nickolaidas

I think people misunderstood my question.

I am not saying that Tifa should let go of Cloud and go tie the knot with Rude. I am merely saying whether it would be interesting to see her acknowledging his feelings and actually realizing 'holy shit, Rude actually liked me?' and become a little bit closer to him, or just friendzone him.

Honestly, I always liked it when NPCs had big/small/tiny romance arcs with someone other than the MC/your avatar, because this added to the realism and suspension of disbelief of the whole cast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom