• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you take a Male Birth Control pill?

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I'm surprised that in the 21st century, male contraception is relatively crude (a condom) which reduces sensation. There's a vasectomy, but few doctors will perform it on someone in their early 20s. I heard that scientists were working on a pill or gel for men, but the side effects were too great.

We live in a male dominated world still and men do not like to feel they are not capable of fathering kids if they need to. I don't think there is enough motivation for men to actually take the male pill - even if one is developed. For women, they are the ones who will be inconvenienced if they get pregnant, so they are motivated to take the pill. I can see how men would completely not bother, and how can women actually know their man has taken his pill - unless it turns his ears green to indicate he has taken it recently or something.

No, I do not think there will be a male pill, ever.

Last edited:

LokusAbriss

Never. When you look at the effect on hormones and side effects in pills for women, it is hard to imagine doing that to your own body.

And in many cases, there are more reasons for using a condom, next to the danger of getting her pregnant.

GeorgPrime

Banned
I'm surprised that in the 21st century, male contraception is relatively crude (a condom) which reduces sensation. There's a vasectomy, but few doctors will perform it on someone in their early 20s. I heard that scientists were working on a pill or gel for men, but the side effects were too great.

We live in a male dominated world still and men do not like to feel they are not capable of fathering kids if they need to. I don't think there is enough motivation for men to actually take the male pill - even if one is developed. For women, they are the ones who will be inconvenienced if they get pregnant, so they are motivated to take the pill. I can see how men would completely not bother, and how can women actually know their man has taken his pill - unless it turns his ears green to indicate he has taken it recently or something.

No, I do not think there will be a male pill, ever.

Female Birth Control pills tend to increase boob size.... do the male ones increase penis size?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
no

imo birth control is one of the reasons society is so fucked at the moment.

nature has built-in consequences for our actions. it's called giving birth.

we now witness the results of raising people under the idea that nothing they could ever do should have consequences.

no wonder they want to get rid of cops. their entire ideology is based around not being responsible for their actions.

there is a reason birth control pill make people crazy. that's not the way the world works.

life itself is anathema to the death cultists.

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
3CayRG8.gif

Outlier

If I were a promiscuous and didn't want to risk impregnating all the women, then yes.

Stupid games, 18 year STD, so and so...

Drake

Whatever happened to that Vasalgel? it was big a few years ago, but I haven't heard anything for a while. It was supposed to be a shot you got one time and the substance form a barrier in the vas deferens that prevented sperm getting to your testicles. Initially they had really good results and it was supposed to be easily reversible.

Last edited:

GymWolf

You do a vasectomy (or what the procedure is called) if you are not interested in doing childrens, better than taking pills all the time.

I would do that but i'm a little scared for the post operation (or just to have my penis under surgery) and i'm already super carefull when i fuck.

Hal.

Of course, I’d take one in a heartbeat if they worked fine.

But to be honest if we had a potential accident that shit would be flushed immediately. No kids until you’re ready and financially stable enough to provide.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You do a vasectomy (or what the procedure is called) if you are not interested in doing childrens, better than taking pills all the time.

I would do that but i'm a little scared for the post operation (or just to have my penis under surgery) and i'm already super carefull when i fuck.
It's honestly not that bad bro, and afterwards you can fuck without worrying about kids or child support. Worth it.

Bolivar687

Banned
No, it's still contraception - it subverts reality and has catastrophic social consequences. Literally everything St. Paul VI said would happen in Humanae Vitae has come true. STDs we were on the verge of eradicating are never going away now, along with a bunch of others we didn't even know about.

If my googasms are not reduced in intensity and WOO HOO power and my libido is not reduced, then fuck yes. *rock music and fireworks go off*

It would prevent me from transmitting the terrible STD that is pregnancy. I do not want children.

Last edited:

YCoCg

It'd never happen, the birth control women take wouldn't even pass today's standards so how the hell do you expect one for men, who are more adverse to anything that can effect our dicks and balls, to get approved.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I see no issue with a male contraceptive pill. Someone mentioned that it's the women who have the burden if they fall pregnant. Sorry mate but if you create a sprog it's your burden too. Massive dick move if you create and run.

Thaedolus

Probably if I were still out fucking around and still wanting kids eventually. Right now? I’ve got one healthy child and another due in a couple months. I’m ready to be snipped

Last edited:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Use a condom. No wonder everyone's got fucking kids aids.

I'm married, and while we want kids in a few years, we're certainly not ready now. Condoms suck. Birth control sucks less, if your circumstances allow it.

I do agree, if you're going for the strange, definitely wrap it before you tap it.

Top Bottom