• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow EB just really stuck it to the PSP

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Juice said:
Wow, I haven't traded anything in for years, and I'm tempted to ditch my PSP toward a Lite. My dad is killing for a decent Sudoku machine (DS + Brain Age), and I've been craving the Lite's goodness for a while. I don't see why not to, since I haven't turned my PSP on in 6 months (and that was only to test to make sure the battery hadn't drained in the 9 previous months of disuse).

Well for what it's worth. Go Sudoku PSP is pretty good and has 1000 puzzles. Sudoku in Brain Age DS is slower for inputting the numbers, and has only 100 puzzles. Of course the DS also has more Sudoku games out there (of which only one has been localized however), but I don't own those and have no idea about their quality or the amount of puzzles they have.

cicero

speculawyer said:
What are they gonna say when they turn around and try to sell those PSPs?

Here . . . buy the past! :lol
I expected more of a professional business aware approach to this situation from someone who is insider enough to know the stock symbols of each company and use them, like an expert, in everyday conversation. It's like having Donald Trump seated at a table during an in-depth conversation about how to make it rich in real estate and then having him crack jokes about the Jews. We need your expertise, man.

Leopold

rangerkf6yx5.gif

LJ11

seat said:
Why are PSP owners angry at EB for this? It's Sony's fault that this has happened.

I really don't see any anger. One person specifically referenced his hatred for EB, but he's developing a PSP game.

Tempy said:
Well for what it's worth. Go Sudoku PSP is pretty good and has 1000 puzzles. Sudoku in Brain Age DS is slower for inputting the numbers, and has only 100 puzzles. Of course the DS also has more Sudoku games out there (of which only one has been localized however), but I don't own those and have no idea about their quality or the amount of puzzles they have.
I haven't played the PSP version but how can this be possible? In Brain Age, it pretty much mimics pencil and paper (I'd say it's even quicker).

gimz

in EB they also have Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 ->$100 off wii/ps3/xbox360
which i think is pretty good deal if you trade in a Gamecube for wii, since used gamecube worth less than N64 now

LJ11

gimz said:
in EB they also have Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 ->$100 off wii/ps3/xbox360
which i think is pretty good deal if you trade in a Gamecube for wii, since used gamecube worth less than N64 now

Are you sure about them giving $100 bucks for a Gamecube, that just doesn't make any sense, but then again this is EB.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I got $120 for my PSP from Gamecrazy. Which if anything says something about what good value a used PSP is. Seriously.

Man... I traded "the future" in last week, and all i got was $60 =(

Ad is nasty if true... but that's a big if. Amateur photoshoppers could make an AD that looks better than that.

LanceStern said:
PSP doesn't have bad software sales for games in the US.

Uhhh... I'm pretty sure that this discussion was had in an old NPD thread & sales at the time looked pretty dismal, and they don't seem to have improved since then (at least from what I'm aware of - anyone else been tracking US sales?)

Looking at that ad makes me want to never shop at EB again, even if they are my only choice. I personally think the PSP is way better than the DS.
seat said:
Why are PSP owners angry at EB for this? It's Sony's fault that this has happened.
No, Sony has been giving PSP pretty good support. Not the support PS3 will be getting and what PS2 got, but still pretty good. PSP is definitely the most amazing handheld ever.

I'm reporting this to SCEA asap.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Mana Knight said:
PSP is definitely the most amazing handheld ever.
yes, the most amazing handheld made in the past.

seat

Mana Knight said:
No, Sony has been giving PSP pretty good support. Not the support PS3 will be getting and what PS2 got, but still pretty good.
Well, obviously not good enough. Sony has a lot of money, so why don't they throw more into the PSP? I admit, I don't own a PSP, but as a gamer I'm annoyed by the recent commercials for PSP that show the gaming function to be secondary (or even tertiary) to video and MP3 playback. Those commercials make me believe that the machine is dead as a gaming device.

Mana Knight said:
Looking at that ad makes me want to never shop at EB again, even if they are my only choice. I personally think the PSP is way better than the DS.
No, Sony has been giving PSP pretty good support. Not the support PS3 will be getting and what PS2 got, but still pretty good. PSP is definitely the most amazing handheld ever.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

What is SCEA going to do, they don't own EB, EB is allowed to run what ever kind of promotions they want. It's not EBs fault that the PSP is getting it's ass kicked in sales WW. Wow you would think EB just shot your father in the head and rapped your mother.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

What a personal reaction to something like a sales promotion.

Jammy

Banned
Mana Knight said:

:lol I can tell you're new to handheld gaming. And why don't you have a SDF tag?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Mana Knight said:

:lol :lol :lol

the tearsssssss they wont stop!

Top Bottom