• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

wow why is this place infested with the alt-right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sàmban

Banned
This is not a productive thread. You are bitching without offering solutions or anything of substance. This is the equivalent of a “dem libs” thread.

Last edited:

OH-MyCar

Maybe my perspective is different because I (mostly) avoid political threads, but you're allowed to publicly challenge the views you disagree with and you're allowed to create threads that wholly represent your own.

"Be the change you want to see" and whatnot. Moreover, be an example that the left can openly discuss things without screaming "racist!" and/or "sexist!" at every given opportunity (and that's coming from someone who's not a conservative). The toxic left undid this place, so there's bound to be a bit of over-correction. Bring your own voice to the table.

Last edited:

Composer

It hasn't gone alt-right. But there are a lot more Republicans/Convervatives than Democrats/Liberals. It makes conversations incredibly frustrating since they are about 20 years behind on social issues and probably environmental issues.

Also, a ton of them are brand new, right after the Nov incident. I remember reading pro-Trump channels in reddit + 4chan how they planned on filling this place up with new pro-Trump members. Maybe that's whats happened.

Last edited:

zelo-ca

It hasn't gone alt-right. But there are a lot more Republicans/Convervatives than Democrats/Liberals. It makes conversations incredibly frustrating since they are about 20 years behind on social issues and probably environmental issues.

That's like, your opinion man.

Zog

Banned
Interestingly I haven’t seen any so-called alt-right people call for the ban of their ideological opponents.

I've seen an article on the tactics they deploy, too. I hate the fact that I didn't bookmark it, but they do stuff such as ask asinine questions like:

"What do you mean by..."
"Can you define..."
"What is..."

when the answers to all of those questions are known. The trick is to ghostlight people until they become emotionally compromised and revert to just telling people to F-off, shutting down, etc. Then the "victors" then feign class and dignity, when in reality ain't nobody got time to reinvent the wheel on their own time, and for free.

I've been called "alt right", "nazi", and "white supremacist".

I'm socially liberal and my dad is mixed.
The sanctimonious progressive liberals have completely lost the plot and are horribly out of touch with the majority in this country.

Remember when Amir0x used to lecture everybody about morality and social issues? Funny how that turned out.

Last edited:

xandaca

GAF has taken a clear shift to the right, but it's also much, much more civil that it was before, even where people disagree. If this is what an 'alt-right' forum is like, compared to what went before, I'll take it.

(Note: Even with the change in average political position, GAF is not an alt-right forum by any stretch as far as I can tell. There are a few new posters who might fit that description in a broad, mild sense, but noone encouraging trolling or expressing racism or genuine sexism)

Kururu

Sir Laughs-A-Lot
Staff Member
Can you please report and point to the alt-right posts you've encountered? While a few objectionable posts can slip through the cracks, it's important to the moderation team to halt behaviors that would violate our TOS.

TrainedRage

Banned
I've seen an article on the tactics they deploy, too. I hate the fact that I didn't bookmark it, but they do stuff such as ask asinine questions like:

"What do you mean by..."
"Can you define..."
"What is..."

when the answers to all of those questions are known. The trick is to ghostlight people until they become emotionally compromised and revert to just telling people to F-off, shutting down, etc. Then the "victors" then feign class and dignity, when in reality ain't nobody got time to reinvent the wheel on their own time, and for free.
Hmmm YOU seem to know a lot about the alt right... You know what that means right?

prag16

Banned

"What do you mean by..."
"Can you define..."
"What is..."

Bull shit. This is just you justifying dismissing out of hand arguments of others on here, and shutting down discussion. I've seen how you've been conducting yourself all over the site as of late. You and a handful of others still here just seem to long for the "old" state of affairs, pre-Showergate. Well as you know that state of affairs, moved over completely intact (and possible even more extreme) to another site. You could check that place out if you like.

No, the site is not "full of alt-right" posters now. It just is no longer full of militant left ideologues (and the left ideologues that remain are mostly far more civil and willing to discuss/debate).

And again, we can point to the political compass topic EviLore created several weeks ago. The site still mostly leans left.

Last edited:

EBE

Eh, the site's alright. And I study Russian history so I'm a bit of a Marxist myself to some extent.

Kururu

Sir Laughs-A-Lot
Staff Member
10 minutes passed and no examples were given. There's no point to this thread if you can't provide any examples.

But remember, any posts breaking our TOS can always be reported and we can review them accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom