• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WP: A Time Magazine with Trump on the cover hangs in his golf clubs. It’s fake.

Fercho

Hahahaha Trump is going to HATE this. I can't wait for the salt.

Kudos to TIME asking to take the photos down I'm literally LOLING right now.

Toparaman

Banned
12235.jpg

if only The Duderino were president.

You dont know what was done behind the scenes. If Obama had come out with this information it could/would have been seen as trying to steal the election, especially in light of the Loretta Lynch stuff. Obama was put in an impossible situation and made the best call. You are delusional.

Steal the election for her? He was already on the campaign trail for her

antonz

Steal the election for her? He was already on the campaign trail for her

The President of the United States is entitled to campaign for whoever he likes.

Right Wing America would have went batshit if he came out and said Hey America. We have evidence Russia is working to get Trump Elected and we are concerned his team may have even actively worked with them.
You would have right wing nutjobs with their guns in the streets spilling blood.

I mean at this point we have come full circle from its all fake news to its all Obamas fault. SO they acknowledge now that Russia got Trump elected and instead of turning on Trump they turn on everyone but trump

The President of the United States is entitled to campaign for whoever he likes.

Right Wing America would have went batshit if he came out and said Hey America. We have evidence Russia is working to get Trump Elected and we are concerned his team may have even actively worked with them.
You would have right wing nutjobs with their guns in the streets spilling blood.

I mean at this point we have come full circle from its all fake news to its all Obamas fault. SO they acknowledge now that Russia got Trump elected and instead of turning on Trump they turn on everyone but trump

And guess what? He obviously made a severe miscalculation based on the election results

ZOONAMI

That implies it would have changed something. How do you know that? How do you know it wouldn't have increased his margin and not decrease it or not cause him to lose?

Because you can make an argument based on rationality and historical reality that more of the traditional GOP base would have stayed home instead of voting for the clown.

That implies it would have changed something. How do you know that? How do you know it wouldn't have increased his margin and not decrease it or not cause him to lose?

If it was made public that the Russians were confirmed by the intelligence agencies that they were helping trump and targeting Clinton, that would have changed one or two votes I reckon

Obama blew it

KHarvey16

Because you can make an argument based on rationality and historical reality that more of the traditional GOP base would have stayed home instead of voting for the clown.

If it was made public that the Russians were confirmed by the intelligence agencies that they were helping trump and targeting Clinton, that would have changed one or two votes I reckon

Obama blew it

Not if they interpreted the presidents actions the same way they interpreted every other one of his actions: devious and corrupt. Remember how he wasn't really an American, issued more royal decrees, errr, I mean executive orders than anyone else ever and just couldn't be trusted? He was gonna take our guns away you know and is giving all of our tax dollars to illegal immigrants and Obama phones to drug dealers.

To suggest we know for certain it would have just been accepted is a little silly.

ElFly

Not if they interpreted the presidents actions the same way they interpreted every other one of his actions: devious and corrupt. Remember how he wasn't really an American, issued more royal decrees, errr, I mean executive orders than anyone else ever and just couldn't be trusted? He was gonna take our guns away you know and is giving all of our tax dollars to illegal immigrants and Obama phones to drug dealers.

To suggest we know for certain it would have just been accepted is a little silly.

this is a poor argument to suggest that nobody should never do anything, given they don't know if they will like the result

republicans are clearly up for russian intervention if it means them winning. the important part is whether democrats would have shown up in bigger numbers with this information, but the margin for trump's victory is so ridiculously small that almost any action on the part of the democrats had the chance to change the outcome

KHarvey16

this is a poor argument to suggest that nobody should never do anything, given they don't know if they will like the result

republicans are clearly up for russian intervention if it means them winning. the important part is whether democrats would have shown up in bigger numbers with this information, but the margin for trump's victory is so ridiculously small that almost any action on the part of the democrats had the chance to change the outcome

I'm not arguing that. I'm addressing the specific argument in the post I quoted originally.

DOWN

Banned
Whether he knew it was fake or not, he definitely likes having magazine covers of himself on his walls and someone definitely made this fake cover to make him feel good. Both of those facts are sad.

Obama blew it

I do wonder if it would have mattered. The a significant portion of the people who voted for Trump have spent the last decade and a half railing constantly about "coastal elites" and "ivory tower liberals", and yet they were perfectly happy to vote for a many who literally has lived his entire adult life in a skyscraper in the largest urban center on the East Coast, and seems allergic to developing anything that isn't beachfront property.

Any assumption that requires the Republican base functioning as rational actors during the election probably needs to be scrutinized harder if not discarded out-of-hand.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Can he go to jail for this?

I'd need to confer with some patent/copyright lawyers, but I presume there is nothing against him putting whatever he wants on the walls of his own club. Time could presumably certainly sue and possibly force removal for misrepresenting their brand and product. I mean just logically speaking without knowing the legal recourse. It seems more of a PR disaster for Trump than I imagine a criminal affair. He'd likely offset blame to club mgmt anyway, stating no involvement in the decision and then just settle.

It's really insane for them to even go to such lengths to even bother doing this, like no rational being should involve themselves with people that do shit like this.

Not really surprising, the guy is basically a 70 year old version of Anthony, the psycho kid from 'It's a good life' episode of the Twilight Zone. In his own world, and he demands anyone near him to see things his way, or else.

I spent election day sending people the final scene, of the drunk guy who stands up to him, preaching the truth to all, only to be turned into a Jack in the box.

Kumquat

Here is what kills me. I am not even a huge fan of Obama and it drives me insane that the same people who shit up my facebook timeline with posts and articles about Obama the narcissist are the same people who voted for freaking Trump the ultimate narcissist. I even confronted a few of them and the cognitive dissonance of their views was astounding.

Ithil

I'm going to put you on pause just to tell this lovely Irish reporter her smile is beautiful.

President Trump singled out a female journalist during a phone call with the new Irish prime minister, Leo Varadkar, on Tuesday, telling Varadkar, “She has a nice smile on her face. So I bet she treats you well.”

The journalist in question was Caitriona Perry, who has been the Washington correspondent for Irish state broadcaster Raidio Teilifis Eireann (RTE) since 2014.

Trump’s comment about Perry drew some adverse reaction on social media. But she appeared to take the exchange in good humor and can be heard laughing in a video clip of the exchange.
Trump told Varadkar, “We have a lot of your Irish press watching us,” referring to several Irish reporters who were present in the Oval Office for the call.

Let it be known he is thoroughly despised here in Ireland, so if he was expecting a positive impression from "our Irish press" he's mistaken.

RPGCrazied

Trump attacking WaPo online this morning.... I wonder why

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

That tweet like makes no sense. Last I checked Amazon does take sales tax in most states. And there is not such thing as a fucking "internet tax". God, he is such a dumb fuck.

Ripenen

Isn't this exactly what the Trump administration wants?

Washington Post puts in work to publish a news article about something that is pathetic but ultimately completely trivial and not harmful to anyone or anything. This news gets picked up by people and spread around because it's easy to understand and there's even a nice image to go along with it so it makes for great Facebook posts.

Meanwhile any actual news of the shady and potentially really harmful shit Trump and his team are doing gets completely overlooked.

MUnited83

For you.
Isn't this exactly what the Trump administration wants?

Washington Post puts in work to publish a news article about something that is pathetic but ultimately completely trivial and not harmful to anyone or anything. This news gets picked up by people and spread around because it's easy to understand and there's even a nice image to go along with it so it makes for great Facebook posts.

Meanwhile any actual news of the shady and potentially really harmful shit Trump and his team are doing gets completely overlooked.
But the shady and harmful shit doesn't get overlooked. In fact, it has been in public display for months and has been a central focus of news on the Trump administration. It just so happens that no one can stop it. Not without Republicans flipping on him (fat chance) or revolution starting on the streets.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
"Trump is hitting on all fronts...even TV" is such a Trump thing to say. It's his exact phrasing of all his self praise. So obvious that Time didn't write that.

Top Bottom