• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

cryptoadam

Banned
I'd be curious to know if you've actually watched the program in years. Their women's division alone is superior to AEWS. Do you deny this? Swann, Gallows, Anderson, Eddie Edwards, Chris Bey, Callihan, Willie Mack, Moose, Motor City Machineguns, Eric Young, The North. On top of the aforementioned superior women's division. Not sure how all that could do nothing for you.

I have watched some clips.

The talent isnt horrible but its not big names and outside MCMG and Bullet Club those guys are all dark material. Though i so like Willie Mack.

But Impact looks low rent. I know Pandemic and all but last I saw they were doing the empty stuido thing which is lame. Sorry AEW vs IMPACT is like a Ferrari to a Hyundai with presentation.

Its not about talent there are good wrestlers everywhere. Its about perception. At least to me this is AEW lowering itself.

Maybe if this wasnt around the world title like a feud on dark or something it would make more sense.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I have watched some clips.

The talent isnt horrible but its not big names and outside MCMG and Bullet Club those guys are all dark material. Though i so like Willie Mack.

But Impact looks low rent. I know Pandemic and all but last I saw they were doing the empty stuido thing which is lame. Sorry AEW vs IMPACT is like a Ferrari to a Hyundai with presentation.

Its not about talent there are good wrestlers everywhere. Its about perception. At least to me this is AEW lowering itself.

Maybe if this wasnt around the world title like a feud on dark or something it would make more sense.
So the company that's been around for almost 20 years at this point and has had bigger names and drawn better ratings should only be worthy of a Dark feud eh? Alrighty, then we will agree to disagree on this.

cryptoadam

Banned
So the company that's been around for almost 20 years at this point and has had bigger names and drawn better ratings should only be worthy of a Dark feud eh? Alrighty, then we will agree to disagree on this.

In its preset state yes.

Now if Tony bought TNA (the tape library) that has value. TNA is a different beast than IMPACT. With TNA I agree they have had tons of names. Booker, Angle, Sting, Hogan, Dudleys, Styles, Roode, Punk, Raven, Jarret, Flair, Joe, X-Division, the list goes on and on. I wrote above if Tony could get the TNA library he could launch his own version of the Network. He would have enough hours of content with the biggest names in wrestling to go along with about 2 years worth of AEW stuff.

But IMPACT today is not the same as those glory days of TNA. Having Omega on a show taped in some empty studio with a bunch of no names or WWE rejects is not exactly making the AEW championship look prestigious.

I guess we will have to disagree clearly you are a big fan of IMPACT. I mean I am not saying there is anything wrong with IMPACT and I am sure they put on entertaining matches. Its just right now its a step above an Indy, on a crappy channel with barely any viewers. Its not TNA when it was drawing 1 Million viewers on Spike TV, those days are long gone.

IMPACT is the one benefitting from this and I don't know who hoodwinked who at AEW into this. IMPACT has everything to gain and AEW nothing to gain. So good on Callis for somehow ropeing Tony into letting his top champ give IMPACT a huge rub. So I do have to give them props for managing to pull that one off. I just don't see the benefit here for AEW. They already have enough talent on their roster, and they aren't expanding their audience.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
In its preset state yes.

Now if Tony bought TNA (the tape library) that has value. TNA is a different beast than IMPACT. With TNA I agree they have had tons of names. Booker, Angle, Sting, Hogan, Dudleys, Styles, Roode, Punk, Raven, Jarret, Flair, Joe, X-Division, the list goes on and on. I wrote above if Tony could get the TNA library he could launch his own version of the Network. He would have enough hours of content with the biggest names in wrestling to go along with about 2 years worth of AEW stuff.

But IMPACT today is not the same as those glory days of TNA. Having Omega on a show taped in some empty studio with a bunch of no names or WWE rejects is not exactly making the AEW championship look prestigious.

I guess we will have to disagree clearly you are a big fan of IMPACT. I mean I am not saying there is anything wrong with IMPACT and I am sure they put on entertaining matches. Its just right now its a step above an Indy, on a crappy channel with barely any viewers. Its not TNA when it was drawing 1 Million viewers on Spike TV, those days are long gone.

IMPACT is the one benefitting from this and I don't know who hoodwinked who at AEW into this. IMPACT has everything to gain and AEW nothing to gain. So good on Callis for somehow ropeing Tony into letting his top champ give IMPACT a huge rub. So I do have to give them props for managing to pull that one off. I just don't see the benefit here for AEW. They already have enough talent on their roster, and they aren't expanding their audience.
If I recall correctly omega and jericho were both bound for impact before aew became a thing. Callis is good friends with both of them.

Dthomp

If I recall correctly omega and jericho were both bound for impact before aew became a thing. Callis is good friends with both of them.

That's the important note to this. I think this is simply Kenny and AEW doing something for a dude he's very close with and will help give a few Impact guys a quick rub being on AEW over the next months. I like some of the women in the Impact roster, but I'm not sure if that's because they are great, or that the AEW womens division has been a dumpster fire from the get go (And it shouldn't be). I enjoyed Willie Mack in LU, but he's just not a name that many are going to care about. He always just rubbed me of every indie wrestler using other peoples moves and shit to get over with small crowds, I kind of wish the dude would get in a little shape. Love Gallows and Anderson and fond memories of MCMGs. Swann is a solid worker, but like alot of the AEW hires, he still has that WWE stink to him for me.

Like Crypto said, they are like half a step up from some local indy fed right now, and that's fine. Gotta start out somewhere, and build some quality home grown talent.

cryptoadam

Banned
This is not going to be WWE - ECW.

This will be more like WWE-SMW. Except Callis is no Cornet

So who ends up being Jimmy Del Ray?

Dthomp

This is not going to be WWE - ECW.

This will be more like WWE-SMW. Except Callis is no Cornet

So who ends up being Jimmy Del Ray?

I really like Callis on commentary, at least what I heard of him in the Kenny matches he has done in the past and stuff with him and Jericho, not sure I'm a fan of him being an on screen character however. Maybe this angle will change my opinion. Now I gotta try to figure out what backwoods channel Impact is on, and if Youtube TV even carries it.

-Edit, YT TV does not carry AXS but I guess I can watch on Twitch? This is awful, just have Don come out on AEW with Kenny and talk there. If the first time a new champ comes out is on fucking Twitch and some channel that nobody has, you might as well cut the promo on their fucking useless Youtube channel. Make your TV matter, not your social media FFS

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Jesus christ you guys act like aew is the second coming of (good) wcw. Everything they have has been bought. They didn't toil away for years to get a primetime slot on a good network. They literally bought it. 90 percent of their roster had exposure elsewhere. Like Iimpact or roh. Now I've seen probably as much aew as cryptoadam cryptoadam has seen impact in recent years. I hear Cornette bury it all the time on his podcast of course. What am I missing?

Last edited:

DKehoe

They didn't toil away for years to get a primetime slot on a good network. They literally bought it.

How so? For their first TV deal TNT paid for production costs and split ad revenue. For the second deal TNT increased the money they are paying significantly, kept the ad split but AEW now covers production costs, which is easy for them to do now they are being paid a lot more. AEW didn't pay them anything.

Last edited:

DKehoe

I saw that the Go Shiozaki vs Takashi Suguira match from today was getting really good word of mouth so decided to check it out and really liked it. Anyone else seen it? I hadn’t watched any NOAH for quite a while before that.

I was gonna post the Patterson obituary from the Observer here (in spoiler tags because of the length) but turns out it’s too long for a single post.

Dthomp

Jesus christ you guys act like aew is the second coming of (good) wcw. Everything they have has been bought. They didn't toil away for years to get a primetime slot on a good network. They literally bought it. 90 percent of their roster had exposure elsewhere. Like Iimpact or roh. Now I've seen probably as much aew as cryptoadam cryptoadam has seen impact in recent years. I hear Cornette bury it all the time on his podcast of course. What am I missing?

I mean, I'm not sure Cornette is the guy to listen to for unbiased commentary about wrestling as he's held a grudge against Kenny and the Bucks for years. His whole gimmick is being a pissed off old man who thinks wrestling was at it's best in his day (It wasn't....)

AEW is the only wrestling I make sure to watch every week, cause it's the only one that doesn't leave me bored or annoyed at the terrible booking. To me, they have everything in place to EASILY pass what was considered "good" WCW...what was good WCW by the way? (Not being combative here, I'm legit curious what others view as best WCW). They don't have the roadblock or self placed roadblocks that really hampered WCW. Almost to a fault all of their main guys gladly put over other wrestlers, which WCW really struggled with in the Hogan years.

I think the TV deal really became a reality after the success of the All In PPV, it drew enough eyes for TNT to take a shot on that deal, and it seems to have paid off as they have their second show in the works.

Yes a big chunk of their roster I guess would be bought, but considering the company was kind of started by a large group of these guys wanting to create something that'll happen. They deserve the credit they get, they are the success story that TNA (OG), Impact, and ROH wish they were. If they had the people behind the scenes (and yes having Khan money makes a difference) maybe they all could have gotten on better networks and had better shots to get their footing. Hell, I believe if Impact could have got Kenny and Jericho they'd be viewed much more favorable then they are. They honestly just don't have the star power to draw in viewers who aren't already invested, it's the main reason I also don't watch ROH, I don't see starpower. There's somewhere in the ballpark of like 30 hours of wrestling on a week, can only handle so much of it.

I'd much rather spend my time watching stars like Kenny Omega, Drew McIntyre, AJ Styles, Bucks, Heel Roman Reigns, then all the Willie Macks, Jay Lethals, Briscoes of the world. I hope that Impact gets a big rub from this and maybe can keep improving and get on a network that I can actually watch them on, as you've said they have a fantastic womens roster (Although it was better with Smiley Kylie), but they need to be players the next time a legit main event talent comes available.

That's alot of rambling, I'm sorry. My point is, Cornette is a bitter cunt...

I think that's my point....

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I mean, I'm not sure Cornette is the guy to listen to for unbiased commentary about wrestling as he's held a grudge against Kenny and the Bucks for years. His whole gimmick is being a pissed off old man who thinks wrestling was at it's best in his day (It wasn't....)

AEW is the only wrestling I make sure to watch every week, cause it's the only one that doesn't leave me bored or annoyed at the terrible booking. To me, they have everything in place to EASILY pass what was considered "good" WCW...what was good WCW by the way? (Not being combative here, I'm legit curious what others view as best WCW). They don't have the roadblock or self placed roadblocks that really hampered WCW. Almost to a fault all of their main guys gladly put over other wrestlers, which WCW really struggled with in the Hogan years.

I think the TV deal really became a reality after the success of the All In PPV, it drew enough eyes for TNT to take a shot on that deal, and it seems to have paid off as they have their second show in the works.

Yes a big chunk of their roster I guess would be bought, but considering the company was kind of started by a large group of these guys wanting to create something that'll happen. They deserve the credit they get, they are the success story that TNA (OG), Impact, and ROH wish they were. If they had the people behind the scenes (and yes having Khan money makes a difference) maybe they all could have gotten on better networks and had better shots to get their footing. Hell, I believe if Impact could have got Kenny and Jericho they'd be viewed much more favorable then they are. They honestly just don't have the star power to draw in viewers who aren't already invested, it's the main reason I also don't watch ROH, I don't see starpower. There's somewhere in the ballpark of like 30 hours of wrestling on a week, can only handle so much of it.

I'd much rather spend my time watching stars like Kenny Omega, Drew McIntyre, AJ Styles, Bucks, Heel Roman Reigns, then all the Willie Macks, Jay Lethals, Briscoes of the world. I hope that Impact gets a big rub from this and maybe can keep improving and get on a network that I can actually watch them on, as you've said they have a fantastic womens roster (Although it was better with Smiley Kylie), but they need to be players the next time a legit main event talent comes available.

That's alot of rambling, I'm sorry. My point is, Cornette is a bitter cunt...

I think that's my point....
He is indeed.

NickFire

If people like yourself talk it up enough you might see more people give it a chance. For me personally their brand was tarnished so badly over the years that the promotion became a joke, and I've neither seen nor heard anything to change my impression. I'm open to a redemption story here, but I'm inclined to follow the bandwagon on this one (as in I won't be seeking it out, but might get convinced to check it out if word of mouth gets loud enough).

That all said, its great having different views talking wrestling.

Bullet Club

H8V39N9.jpg

6GFdQ83.jpg

Bullet Club

Josh Matthews: "The most anticipated interview in the history of wrestling."

I watched Impact for the first time in at least a year, maybe 2. It was OK. It felt like a lower level NXT.

I don't mind Josh Matthews but his commentary isn't great, especially when he tries to sound excited and does this weird high/low pitched voice.

50k viewers on Twitch:

p4A0ZEZ.png

Impact should actually start testing people for covid and then maybe they could get their talent in the crowd like WWE and AEW do.

Impact is so quiet, and while I don't really care about the main event scene at all, if they had some type of crowd I think it would make the tag matches and women's matches way better.

The North, Good Brothers and MCMG are all really good. Deonna Purazzo and Tenile Dashwood are really good for the knockouts.

But when all I hear between silence is Josh Matthews screechy voice, I can't tolerate it for long.

cryptoadam

Banned
Still doesn't really make sense why Kenny would go to Impact. I guess because Don always looked out for him so he decided to help his buddy out and give him exposure. Oh and he wants to win all the belts and collect them like comic books but he didn't wrestle.

I don't really buy Kenny in this heel persona, but he was never great on the mic.

Dthomp

Josh Matthews: "The most anticipated interview in the history of wrestling."

I watched Impact for the first time in at least a year, maybe 2. It was OK. It felt like a lower level NXT.

I don't mind Josh Matthews but his commentary isn't great, especially when he tries to sound excited and does this weird high/low pitched voice.

50k viewers on Twitch:

p4A0ZEZ.png

I've tried over the last few years to give their show a chance. Josh Matthews is a negative in every form to that show and a big reason I turn away. Bad commentary is killer in wrestling.
Still doesn't really make sense why Kenny would go to Impact. I guess because Don always looked out for him so he decided to help his buddy out and give him exposure. Oh and he wants to win all the belts and collect them like comic books but he didn't wrestle.

I don't really buy Kenny in this heel persona, but he was never great on the mic.

I've seen it discussed the Dons contract with Impact is coming up and this may be positioning for him to move to AEW. They are going to need a lead as JR gets worse and worse every week, and he can continue helping the heel turn

cryptoadam

Banned
I've tried over the last few years to give their show a chance. Josh Matthews is a negative in every form to that show and a big reason I turn away. Bad commentary is killer in wrestling.

I've seen it discussed the Dons contract with Impact is coming up and this may be positioning for him to move to AEW. They are going to need a lead as JR gets worse and worse every week, and he can continue helping the heel turn

In a shoot sense that makes sense, but storyline wise it doesn't add up.

I watched that promo and what it seems to have come down to is that Don is Kenny's BFF and family, so now that Kenny is the EVP of a popular wrestling show on a good TV channel he is helping out his uncles friend. Kayfabe wise it doesn't compute because Kenny is one of the VPs of a super sucsesful wrestling show that draws close to a million people, so why would he slum it with IMPACT.

It really just seems like the shoot and kayfabe reasons are the same, which is that Don is Kenny's buddy and he wants to get him a job at AEW.

I guess at the end of the day storylines don't have to make sense, they just have to make you want to boo or cheer someone. So far not feeling this storyline but lets see where it goes tonight.

I am not feeling any invasion angle here, it really seems like heel Kenny just wanting to be a dick and "rule" the wrestling world. Just a means to prop up his "heel" turn. But I don't even know whats so heelish about his actions? Don barely did any "screw job" here. Dropping a mic because Mox decked him isn't a screw job. And then Kenny just did an interview on IMPACT. He didn't even wrestle. And AEW has always said they are open to working with other companies and Dark is full of guys who work other places like MLW or something.

So I don't even see how this is heelish, in AEW's world where everyone combines together against the WWE this is actually a face move. Helping other wrestlers and giving them exposure doens't come as heelish in AEW when you have Cody having matches with all kinds of unsigned guys and the bucks just 2 weeks ago had a match with Top Flight because someone sent them some tapes of em (in storyline).

Bullet Club

Impact Wrestling, buoyed by Kenny Omega appearance, beats last week’s NXT on USA in a key demo, plus detailed viewership and comparative metrics

Impact Wrestling on AXS, buoyed by a heavily-hyped special appearance by AEW World Hvt. Champion Kenny Omega, drew 221,000 total viewers last night (12/8). That is 55,000 more viewers than last week’s 166,000, a 33 percent increase in total viewers. Last week’s viewership was above the November average of 134,500. Excluding the 116,000 viewership on election night, AEW averaged 141,000 in November.

In the 18-49 demo, Impact drew a 0.08 rating, above the 0.5 the prior week and the 0.4 and 0.3 the previous two weeks. In the 18-49 male demo, Impact nearly doubled the prior week’s number – 0.13 compared to 0.07. The prior four weeks drew 0.06, 0.05 0.04, and 0.04. (AEW Dynamite last week drew a 0.56 rating in that demo, more than four times Impact’s.) So they tripled their rating the first two weeks of November. In the 18-34 male demo, Impact drew a 0.05, up from 0.04 the prior week and a prior five-week averaged of 0.03. (AEW last week drew 0.29 in that demo.)

Impact actually topped NXT on USA last week in the 18-34 demo by a 0.05 to 0.04 margin. Impact’s 0.13 in the male 18-49 demo was behind NXT’s rating in the same demo last week of 0.19.

Impact finished no. 96 among all cable shows on Tuesday night in the key 18-49 demo.

Source: PWTorch

NickFire

In a shoot sense that makes sense, but storyline wise it doesn't add up.

I watched that promo and what it seems to have come down to is that Don is Kenny's BFF and family, so now that Kenny is the EVP of a popular wrestling show on a good TV channel he is helping out his uncles friend. Kayfabe wise it doesn't compute because Kenny is one of the VPs of a super sucsesful wrestling show that draws close to a million people, so why would he slum it with IMPACT.

It really just seems like the shoot and kayfabe reasons are the same, which is that Don is Kenny's buddy and he wants to get him a job at AEW.

I guess at the end of the day storylines don't have to make sense, they just have to make you want to boo or cheer someone. So far not feeling this storyline but lets see where it goes tonight.

I am not feeling any invasion angle here, it really seems like heel Kenny just wanting to be a dick and "rule" the wrestling world. Just a means to prop up his "heel" turn. But I don't even know whats so heelish about his actions? Don barely did any "screw job" here. Dropping a mic because Mox decked him isn't a screw job. And then Kenny just did an interview on IMPACT. He didn't even wrestle. And AEW has always said they are open to working with other companies and Dark is full of guys who work other places like MLW or something.

So I don't even see how this is heelish, in AEW's world where everyone combines together against the WWE this is actually a face move. Helping other wrestlers and giving them exposure doens't come as heelish in AEW when you have Cody having matches with all kinds of unsigned guys and the bucks just 2 weeks ago had a match with Top Flight because someone sent them some tapes of em (in storyline).
Alright, I gave in and fast-forwarded to the Kenny segment. It genuinely made me like Kenny more than I did before (I often side with the heels). But my biggest take away was why did Impact want this? I totally get that it props up their ratings, and I suppose that cash rules all so that was a win. But it really felt like Kenny was doing Impact a huge favor (as a favor to Don), and to me that makes Impact seem even less worthy of watching than it was before I saw the interview. If they were a company worth investing time into I would expect more gratitude from the outsider being allowed to show up than making it clear he's just there to pay back an old buddy for lifeline support.

Dthomp

Vince sends Keith Lee back to the performance centre to improve......meanwhile Nia Jax still has a job.

WWE where nepotism still reigns supreme. She'll have a job as long as Vince holds out hope that Dwayne will come back again and bless him with that real world credibility Vince wants.

Phobos Base

WWE where nepotism still reigns supreme. She'll have a job as long as Vince holds out hope that Dwayne will come back again and bless him with that real world credibility Vince wants.

Tamina still has a job after a decade despite being utterly useless in every single way, which I'm sure has nothing to do with anything Vince might know about her father's not-so alleged crimes. Although in fairness neoptism has always been very strong in wrestling, which did at least make sense in the kayfabe territory days.

Dthomp

Tamina still has a job after a decade despite being utterly useless in every single way, which I'm sure has nothing to do with anything Vince might know about her father's not-so alleged crimes. Although in fairness neoptism has always been very strong in wrestling, which did at least make sense in the kayfabe territory days.

At least in the territory days with the nepotism, at least the talents kids and family could at least do the basics and wrestle some, or cut a promo. Nia and Tamina to an even worse extent for as long as she's been around are both untalented in the ring, bring nothing to the table in regards to promo work, and worst of all are not even slightly safe in the ring. The fact that Nia has a job after all the people she has hurt, or wasn't sent back down to NXT to be buried and learn the fucking business is a joke.

Phobos Base

Raw's biggest problem is just how long it is, 3 hours is far too much for a weekly show. If you watch the New Gen era episodes there's a lot of terrible stuff, but at only 45 minutes it goes by so quickly you don't mind. Then there's the feuds that go nowhere, padding, backstage skits, scripted promos, or the fact Vince could lose interest at any moment and just make them drop the entire angle or push.

That's before we mention the endless non-finishes or surprise roll ups. AEW have had something crazy like only 5 DQ or countout finishes in their entire history, WWE has probably had more than that in the last 7 days. According to Whatculutre they've now had 1000 surprise roll ups since they started counting in March as well.

With RAW ratings at an all time low, and AEW continue to rise, it's now the time for Vince to finally get the golden watch and spend his days watching TV.

It's ridiculous that they took off Heyman as producer for RAW, just to get a quick fix, when Heyman's goal was to build talent for the future to ensure stability and for viewers to come back for more. But no.... Vince wanted to patch the small cracks, when a bigger crack was already breaking the wall.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Am I the only one still kinda shocked Black didn't get a run on the main roster. I mean I know its basically a death sentence to be called up at this point but he just seemed like somebody Vince would have loved. Especially the entrance.

NickFire

Sorry for the derail away from wrestling, but wow. Just wow.

Edit. So yeah, I don't think Ryback is off the mark here. I wouldn't go so far to say WWE is not the biggest show. But right now AEW is blowing them away in terms of my personal interest, and is what I consider the best show at the moment. Can barely believe I said that.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Raw's biggest problem is just how long it is, 3 hours is far too much for a weekly show. If you watch the New Gen era episodes there's a lot of terrible stuff, but at only 45 minutes it goes by so quickly you don't mind. Then there's the feuds that go nowhere, padding, backstage skits, scripted promos, or the fact Vince could lose interest at any moment and just make them drop the entire angle or push.

That's before we mention the endless non-finishes or surprise roll ups. AEW have had something crazy like only 5 DQ or countout finishes in their entire history, WWE has probably had more than that in the last 7 days. According to Whatculutre they've now had 1000 surprise roll ups since they started counting in March as well.

WWE lacks the focus AEW has. Have your booking plans, but WWE beats their matchups into the ground wrestling each other for weeks on end. The buildup to Kenny/Moxley had them wrestle eachother 0 times before finally getting in the ring. WWE will do half a dozen tag matches, or guy is at ringside, or even worse with their lesser belts just have the challengers beat the champs on tv in non title matches a few times before losing at the PPV. AEW builds storylines for EVERYBODY, WWE builds storylines that get them talked about on their ESPN segments and they only put effort into Roman and sometimes Drew.

Raw was getting much more fun under Heyman, cause you have to push new younger talent and let them shine. Look how amazing Keith Lee was on callup (Although losing the facial hair and NXT gear was a mistake), and now they just want him to be every other boring bigman. Vince needs to go, and they need to give HHH a chance with Raw to see if he can handle the main roster grind.

Their skits are bad, scripted promos are the worst, and the boredom and start/stop of Vince pushes has completely derailed careers. Lee above was set to immediately be a main event player, Peyton was set for a singles push, nope Vince bored, now you're in another bad makeshift tag team. Big E? Might as well just add him to the Cup salesmen.

NickFire

WWE lacks the focus AEW has. Have your booking plans, but WWE beats their matchups into the ground wrestling each other for weeks on end. The buildup to Kenny/Moxley had them wrestle eachother 0 times before finally getting in the ring. WWE will do half a dozen tag matches, or guy is at ringside, or even worse with their lesser belts just have the challengers beat the champs on tv in non title matches a few times before losing at the PPV. AEW builds storylines for EVERYBODY, WWE builds storylines that get them talked about on their ESPN segments and they only put effort into Roman and sometimes Drew.

Raw was getting much more fun under Heyman, cause you have to push new younger talent and let them shine. Look how amazing Keith Lee was on callup (Although losing the facial hair and NXT gear was a mistake), and now they just want him to be every other boring bigman. Vince needs to go, and they need to give HHH a chance with Raw to see if he can handle the main roster grind.

Their skits are bad, scripted promos are the worst, and the boredom and start/stop of Vince pushes has completely derailed careers. Lee above was set to immediately be a main event player, Peyton was set for a singles push, nope Vince bored, now you're in another bad makeshift tag team. Big E? Might as well just add him to the Cup salesmen.
I could not agree more.

about the WWE beating feuds into the ground thing. And giving away everything. I mean look. Drew and AJ have already been in a ring now, with ladders and AJ attacked him. Why even do that?

i feel as WWE treats RAW like it is a house show sometimes. Like back in the day WWE was on maybe once a week. For an hour. And u rarely saw the champ. You would get feuds. But what your weren't seeing is the people feuding were having matches constantly on house shows. Gimmick matches, tag matches and every other thing they could think up.

But on TV when they faced it felt more epic. And special. Because you haven't seen them get physical already. You haven't seen them on opposite sides of the ring already. WWE is so formulaic. It is like we are watching someones WWE Universe play through they booked on WWE 2k14.

Tag champs lose a non-title match to another team, and they become the #1 contenders? How shocking. Someone is distracted and gets beaten with a roll-up? gasp

Top Bottom