• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WRC Generations | Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

7 years of hard work, a true passion for motorsport, and absolutely NO CUTS! Kylotonn and Nacon are thrilled to bring you the final instalment in our beloved official WRC Franchise.

We’ve got all the WRC 2022 calendar action, including the new Rally1 and hybrid cars! Including a return to the world-famous Rally Sweden!

All-new solo and online content, with career options to manage your hybrid-powered cars. A league mode, an improved Team system, and an updated version of our livery editor with sharing!

Prepping the car, running shakedowns and looking at the data… it all shows us that WRC Generations will be available on Oct 13th 2022! Tell your crew chief today!

Kacho

Yeah, I'll probably cop since this since it's the last one. Might as well complete the collection.

These games are damn good fun with a wheel. A great arcadey alternative to Dirt Rally 2 if you're tired of DNFing in that. Tarmac feels amazing! Not sure how people play them with a controller lol. Maybe I just need to mess with the settings more...

I'm guessing this is identical to the last three games. Sad to see these devs go but I'm looking forward to Codematers taking the reins.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Rally1 Hybrid cars are here! Experience driving sensations with much greater engine torque, delivering up to 30% more power when accelerating. Drivers must also think about their strategy before the start of the stages to optimize the management of electrical power and the battery.

WRC Generations is the most successful title in the series to date and notably contains the most extensive list of cars and tracks ever offered.

Coming October 13th

UnNamed

Banned
Can't wait

to see this franchise in the hands of Codemaster. Kyloton is a disaster of a developer, and the Switch ports violate some Geneva Convention.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

WRC Generations includes all the content that appeared in previous titles in the franchise, but is the first to bring hybrid cars into the competition. New features like League Modes, Team Creation and Livery Catalogue make their way to the most advanced installment in the WRC franchise. WRC Generations is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and December 1 on Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
So this is out now and gets a 8/10 on IGN, which is higher than I expected, but 30fps at 4k or 1080p only at 60pfs? Come on, they aren't even trying.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Did you really expect it? Ive enjoyed some entries but cant wait for next year's WRC when Codemasters takes over.

Cattlyst

Probably no point if you have played the last two or three WRC games by the looks of it. They have been stringing out the same career mode and gameplay options for several years yet nobody seems to call KT out for this. It’s like Madden or FIFA but for WRC. Minimal changes yet people buy the same game every year.

Certinty

It’s actually a shame they’ve lost the licence. Kylotonn have come leaps and bounds with these games since they begun. The last few games have been really good and haven’t got the credit they deserved in all honesty. As much as I love Codemasters, they aren’t the studio they once were and I fear for WRC moving onwards.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Did you really expect it? Ive enjoyed some entries but cant wait for next year's WRC when Codemasters takes over.

Not really, but by that same token, it's not that hard considering the power behind the ps5 and series x.

chigstoke

What is the deal with codies and wrc then?

Is it going to be a separately used license for its own games or is it getting tacked onto the Dirt series (WRC 3.0 as a follow up to DR 2.0) or being used for the arcade types, I.e. Dirt 6 but with WRC licensing?

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Here are some rumours

It’s believed that WRC 23 will be based on the same engine as the cancelled DIRT Rally 3 that was apparently due to be released soon to cut costs and save time.

Booted up Dirt 5, got some dlc to finish. Game is just fun, handling is good and it still looks great. My favorite racer this gen so far. Anybody here playing Dakar?

Tommi84

Booted up Dirt 5, got some dlc to finish. Game is just fun, handling is good
Handling is fine, game is fun... the task of fighting with 6 different cars on the tracks is not ;). Wasn't a fan of those. Remove the competition, create more varied and nicer looking environments and they are set. We'll see how ti plays out

Don't forget that Dirt 5 was on an entirely different engine and done by an entirely different team than any of the previous games. It is most likely that WRC 2023 will be built on the Dirt Rally 2 engine and probably made from the bones of Dirt Rally 3.

lukilladog

I don't like it at all, racing cars should not feel "floaty" all the time on dirt, I would rather play one of the milestone versions or the Loeb game which is also fun.

The tracks are also disappointing, I think Loeb rally looks more detailed and organic despite the engine being older, I don't know what is up with newer engines having to dial back on vegetation..

Last edited:
Top Bottom