• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreck-It Ralph first pics (Disney movie based on video games)

3rd Best Street Fighter movie easily

1. Street Fighter the Movie
2. Street Fighter the Animated Movie
3. Wreck-It Ralph

I really hope Mario shows up :p

Then it would be the 3rd best Mario movie as well!

1. Super Mario Bros.
2. Super Mario Brothers: The Search for Peach Hime
3. Wreck-It Ralph

MisterHero

Mario, Sonic and Master Chief together would be awesome.
Aw man, it could be like Who Framed Roger Rabbit for videogames

Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny on the same screen :D

Then it would be the 3rd best Mario movie as well!

1. Super Mario Bros.
2. Super Mario Brothers: The Search for Peach Hime
3. Wreck-It Ralph
It's only in Japanese but the anime movie is really fun too :)

If only. I'd love for devs to start targeting these sorts of rubbery, expressive character designs over boring ol' realism.
If only. They'd never cross the boundaries into some ultra-expressive John K stuff, you know they wouldn't. This will have to suffice—for now!

Platy

The movie will probably be generic ... but the potential for cameos is ENDLESS !

edit :

It will be the Roger Rabbit of this generation

jediyoshi

Cameos are really cheap. I hope this isn't indicative of the quality of the movie...

Are they cameos anymore if they fit within the context of the movie? I think going the whole movie and it having just made a quick one off reference to DK or something would've been real jarring.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
That's cool as hell that actual game characters are in this - definitely gonna watch this when it comes out.

Salsa

RhfFG.jpg

iOKBx.jpg

Bo3xD.jpg

nS9rn.jpg

so Im able to see the damn pictures

ckohler

This isn't Pixar

Disney Animation Studios is now overseen by John Lasseter and Ed Catmull and Lasseter is an executive producer on this film. Granted, it's not being produced AT Pixar BY Pixar but it at least has Lasseter watching over the project.

Gilby

I hope this doesn't end up just being Disney pandering to "gamerz". Making pop culture references doesn't necessarily make a movie good (the Shrek series being a prime example).

ShaneB

Disney Animation Studios is now overseen by John Lasseter and Ed Catmull and Lasseter is an executive producer on this film. Granted, it's not being produced AT Pixar BY Pixar but it at least has Lasseter watching over the project.

Thanks for this clarification, know it's in good hands.

Looks fantastic!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

By that standard, Lasseter also oversaw "Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue". Being executive producer doesn't mean much on a product's overall quality.

Now if you want a real reason to be optimistic about this movie look towards that fact that its being directed by an old school Simpsons/Futurama guy and is largely being done by the team behind Bolt.

Teknoman

COSnU.png

wtf Bowser, Dr. Robotnik, Zangief, Chun-li, and Q-bert are all in the movie too? Wow.

EDIT: Could that scientist guy be Dr. Wily? I cant make out his hair.

200px-Dr._Wily.png

Whoa, it has to be Doc. Same tie, coat, shoes, and pants/color scheme.

Wait is this like Who Framed Roger Rabbit where Disney made deals with all kinds of companies to bring all the different characters together? because I wasn't expecting that at all. Consider me pumped!

Pennybags

Wait is this like Who Framed Roger Rabbit where Disney made deals with all kinds of companies to bring all the different characters together? because I wasn't expecting that at all. Consider me pumped!

Definitely didn't expect specific names to be shown in the screenshot either.

GhaleonQ

There IS exciting commercial feature-length animation out there. You don't just have to look to art short films. Dudok DeWit just got a Ghibli collaboration, Jankovics just finished up his epic feature, and Balej has his masterpiece coming downstream.

Excite me next time, Disney. You're a behemoth. (Still, I'm glad to see an inventive premise.)

Cheska

Ahaha, that picture with all the characters mingling in the lounge made me laugh for some reason. Personally excited to see what other famous faces we'll be seeing.

Top Bottom