• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania |OT| Look at the adjective,

Status
Not open for further replies.

BajiBoxer

Banned
The Andre the Giant Battle Royal kind of makes me sad. It's a big list of jobbers and a few guys the WWE completely screwed up, and seems like a good opportunity to jumpstart a couple guys but after Cesaro's great finish last year and what happened with that... it's hard to get excited.

Glad to see Itami get a spot, but I have zero faith in the WWE to do anything interesting with him. I almost dread any NXT guy making the main roster now, lol.

The whole lineup for Wrestlemania makes me a little depressed as a longtime wrestling fan :p

Ovid

CBRML2zUkAAWK3E.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/582174022462390272

Why?

Bowser

So what match is going on first to start the actual show? It's gotta be the ladder match, right? Bryan or Ambrose wins to get the crowd hyped for the rest of the show.

Son Of D

i legit laughed

what time is the first actual match, not the beginning of the preshow? i hate that wwe and sports advertise the preshow as when the event starts

Pre-show is 2 hours. Might be a promo before the opening match though.

So what match is going on first to start the actual show? It's gotta be the ladder match, right? Bryan or Ambrose wins to get the crowd hyped for the rest of the show.

Yeah I'm going with the Ladder Match. It'll be a fast paced and energetic match to get people pumped. Plus if we have a Bryan or Ambrose victory it'll have the crowd hyped like you said.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
i legit laughed

what time is the first actual match, not the beginning of the preshow? i hate that wwe and sports advertise the preshow as when the event starts

The show is technically 3 hours long but in reality its 4 and they've been advertising it as 4.

ShadowOwl

Lesnar/Reigns 30+ minutes? Disaster. Roman can barely go 30 minutes with anyone, and I don't think Brock is the one to carry him to 30+.

[...]

Cena/Rusev should be okay with 30 minutes though.
What. Reigns isn't the very best in the ring but I'd rtaher see 30 mins of him than Cena vs. Rusev.

By the way, is there any way I can watch the Preshow in Germany? YT-Stream is blocked, donÄt knwo about good alternatives (which work).

Mania prediction time

What I want to happen:
Andre Battle Royal: Axelmania, Mizdow, or Itami

Tag team 4 way: Cesaro and Kidd

Rusev over Cena

Sting over HHH

IC Ladder Match: Honestly I'd be happy with Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, or Barrett. (Or Stardust, Harper, and Truth really, but these last 3 have go nowhere storylines or none at all so I don't see that happening.)

God-King Brock over Reigns (with bonus failed cash in by Rollins. Then Seth wins MITB again while Roman goes on his road to redemption. Reigns beats Brock at SummerSlam and Rollins cashes in and wins before Reigns even gets to hold the belt)

matches I don't care about the outcome as long as the match is good

Rollins vs. Orton (Predicting match of the night)
Wyatt vs. Undertaker will be better than most expect

matches I just don't care about
Diva's tag match. Everyone in this match except Nikki has been made to look like a useless idiot

What will happen

Andre battle Royal: Probably Big Show or something

Tag team 4 way: Uso's (I guarantee the ONLY reason the Uso's lost the belt in the first place was so that they could win it back at mania so that they could make Roman look stronk by proxy)

Cena wins lol

Sting

IC ladder: Sheamus

Reigns wins and the roster comes out to put him on their shoulders ala Brett

Anyone else think they moved the Rumble to the pre-show because its going to end with Mizdow throwing out Miz, and then they will have a singles match on the main show?

Probably just did it for time, but would be a nice thing to see considering Mizdow is one of the most over wrestlers on the card...

It was just a few minutes profile on HHH running things. Was a preview for their upcoming documentary on nxt on may 5th.

The anchor also hyped up lesnar and wm tonight. The E is benefitting from their on again off again cushy relationship with espn.

They took coach and we are left with cole...the relationship is in their favor lol

GRW810

I really cannot believe R-Truth had gone from jobbing or flat-out doing nothing for ages to competing for a title alongside the likes of Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler and Barrett on the main card of Wrestlemania.

Not that I think it's a bad thing, but how did it happen? What reminded creative that he existed?

I really cannot believe R-Truth had gone from jobbing or flat-out doing nothing for ages to competing for a title alongside the likes of Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler and Barrett on the main card of Wrestlemania.

Not that I think it's a bad thing, but how did it happen? What reminded creative that he existed?

Well this is cynical, but he's the only black performer on the main show tonight. That might have had something to do with it.

R-truth is a good hand in the ring and can cut a promo, so when they need a spot filled it's not surprising they would go with him

OctoMan

Banned

They realized he could cut amazing promos.

Hex

Banned
Pre-Show match: Cesaro and Tyson Kidd (c) vs. New Day (Big E Langston and Kofi Kingston) vs. Los Matadores vs. The Usos – WWE Tag Team Championship

What I want: Cesaro and Kidd
What I expect: The 'Kishi Kids.

Pre-Show match: 2nd annual Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal

What I want: Mizdow or Itami
What I predict: Ryback or Mark Henry

Rusev (c) vs. John Cena – United States Championship

What I want : Rusev
What I predict: Cena

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

What I want: Orton
What I predict: Rollins or Shennanigans with ending

Daniel Bryan vs. Stardust vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper vs. Dean Ambrose vs. R-Truth vs. Wade Barrett (c) - Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

What I want: Ambrose 1, Barret 2, Bryan 3
What I Predict: Bryan

AJ Lee and Paige vs. The Bella Twins

What I want: AJ and Page
What I predict : Bellas or Sister friction costing the match and Paige and AJ winning

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

What I want: Undertaker
What I predict: Undertaker

Sting vs. Triple H

What I want: Sting
What I predict: Sting

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

What I want: Chaos, swerve ending.
What I predict: Brock retains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom