• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestling legend Sting is going into the WWE hall of fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

norm9

Looking forward to Triple H inducting him.

ETA- Was really hoping for the best in the Sting run, but they screwed the pooch in execution.

GOAT

I will never forget when I went to a WCW event, Sting vs. Goldberg... he was about to beat him (scorpion deathlock) and got taken out by Hogan w/ a chair... Megadeth played the intermission (This was in Atlanta)

Nice.
I'm not a huge Sting fan(didn't watch WCW), but it still sucks that he lost to Triple H at 'Mania. It was pointless. He should have lost to someone who would have benefitted from it.

In general though, I'm glad he finally wrestled in WWE. It was actually a pretty good match.
The Rollins match was good too, despite the injury.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Looking forward to Triple H inducting him.

ETA- Was really hoping for the best in the Sting run, but they screwed the pooch in execution.

I don't think they did at all - its impossible to say since he can't actually finish out his run. I think the plan was for him to finally get over at WrestleMania this year.

I hope Ric Flair inducts him for one final swerve. Ric always seemed to get one over on Sting every single time.

sting-ric-flair-swerve.png

I never watched WCW or TNA, so I never felt the love during his WWE run watching an old guy with the most distracting bald patch ever creak around the ring in an ill-fitting leotard, looking like the next bump would make him spontaneously combust into a pile of dust and bones. Maybe I should check out his heyday on the network. Until I do, consider me both underwhelmed and extremely glad that they never wasted one of taker's last mania runs on a match with him.

Bottom line, Sting was a fucking star. He carries WCW on his back for years, especially when Flair was gone, when the company had very little else to promote. He re-invented himself a few times too.

That bargain bin Joker shit he did on TNA was fucking dumb though.

I even took Surfer Sting getting rescued by Robocop more seriously.

OnPoint

Sting was never my favorite but he was undoubtedly a legend.

I didn't like the disrespect of him losing to HHH the way he did. It's like, dude, y'all already won. You can put him over this one last match.

But I'm glad he's being recognized.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Put Rick Rude in already, Vince.

Wait The Ravishing one isn't in there?
I swear he got added in a few years back...

Blasphemy!

I swear to god if X-Pac/1-2-3 Kid gets in before him, I RIOT!

Sting was amazing for WCW, I watched for him
Got a little played out by going nWo Wolf pack and then back and forth

yuraya

They should still do a farewell match with him at Mania. Have him come out and let Taker tombstone him for the quick pin. Or maybe have John Cena quickly tap him out. It would be great for the fans.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Someone post that cheesy movie style thing WCW did with Sting vs Vader
I forgot what is was for guessing Halloween Havoc...

Sephzilla

He better be inducted by RoboCop, who is canon to the WWE Universe.

It's a shame we were denied Undertaker vs Sting because Vince and HHH had to show everyone that they're still better than WCW.

Couleurs

I hope Ric Flair inducts him for one final swerve. Ric always seemed to get one over on Sting every single time.[/IMG]

It's gotta be Ric, IMO. The only other alternative would be Lex Luger or Hulk Hogan and neither of those has any chance of happening.

And it damn well better end with him getting jumped by Ric and Arn one last time, or I'm going to be sad

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm sure Vince and his cronies will find a way to bury Sting during the HoF process as well. Bunch of butthurt idiots couldn't let go of an old grudge and as a result we missed out on Sting/Taker.

Flair was his greatest rival, so it would only make sense for him to induct Sting.

I know WWE would never do it, but I would've loved to see just one more zipline down from the rafters.

Rick Rude was my favorite heel as a child. Even then I could appreciate how hilarious it was that he wore his opponent's girl's face spraypainted on his crotch.

he also had god-tier aesthetics, yet didn't work stiff the way other cut/built dudes did. The guy could go.
58098-97Fr.jpg

He was the whole package, and the only reason he probably didn't get a more meaningful heel world title run was because supposedly Hogan refused to work with him.

Ovid

Rick Rude never really stood out to me as being an all-time great wrestler.

Just a really good heel.

Rick Rude never really stood out to me as being an all-time great wrestler.

Just a really good heel.

He was an all time great, but regardless, the standard is this:
57d7301629741960730e8246ba0cff0c.jpg

So you have to believe there is some kind of pettiness (maybe his family doesn't want to cooperate?) keeping him out. Rick was absolutely one of the most memorable guys of one of the WWE's most popular eras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom