• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF Chick-fil-a ditched Coleslaw for some "superfood" Kale salad side

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

I bet people in Ohio all say lets get together and have a BBQ. Then when you get there they are just grilling burgers. SMH.

That's not as bad as someone saying a BBQ place is really good, and then I get there and they dump a whole bunch of shitty sauce all over the meat before they serve it to me. It wouldn't be hard for me to open a place and have a good recipe for BBQ that blew everyone away up here. The hardest part would be of course, the money to open said restaurant and the effort it'd take to get it off the ground.

There are a couple good BBQ places here out of maybe 5-6 I can think of.

I like both coleslaw and kale. What does that make me?

No, you must pick a side. This is serious.

Pyrokai

I bet people in Ohio all say lets get together and have a BBQ. Then when you get there they are just grilling burgers. SMH

They should kick you out of our state.

I live in Ohio and we never really say BBQ. Typically the more common term is "cook out".

"I'm going to have a cook out this Saturday. You're invited!"

I'm from the Northeast part.

Vinland

Banned
Saying coleslaw is awful is like saying soda is awful. Which type is awful? In general or just the one replaced? Cause I've had some damn good vinegrette based slaw that was fantastic. The chick fil a stuff... Not so much.

Also, pulled pork and slaw on a Kaiser with some vinegar based sauce owns my foodie soul.

Yeah I've never considered getting coleslaw at CFA. Not even a part of the thought process. And in general, whenever I can sub it out at places like Raising Canes where it comes by default, I do it in favor of an extra sauce or something.

I don't hate coleslaw, but I just don't really care about eating it.

Frodo

I love (LOVE) coleslaw, but that actually looks more appetizing?

Not gonna lie, it seems like a better alternative.

Tigress

Joked aside. I've never had Chick-fil-a. I'm not even sure there is one in the Pacific Northwest.

There is three at least in washington now. And at least since I lived here in 2001 there was one up in Bellingham on some college campus. One now is near me.

The Lamp

The only thing more disgusting than coleslaw is the name. What the fuck is a "slaw" made of cole and why is it edible ffs

Tigress

That's not as bad as someone saying a BBQ place is really good, and then I get there and they dump a whole bunch of shitty sauce all over the meat before they serve it to me. It wouldn't be hard for me to open a place and have a good recipe for BBQ that blew everyone away up here. The hardest part would be of course, the money to open said restaurant and the effort it'd take to get it off the ground.

There are a couple good BBQ places here out of maybe 5-6 I can think of.

No, you must pick a side. This is serious.

I was going to ask if you lived in Washington and then you said you had a couple good bbq places. We have none. I think we found one good one but they went out of business. And I suppose there is an ok one (the owner is from Georgia) but if it were in Georgia it would be easily outshined by other bbq places.

HvySky

I've never been a fan of coleslaw, but that salad sounds delicious. A Chick-fil-A just opened up here recently, but it's on the clear opposite side of the city. Never had it before, so I'm curious. Just how good is this place?

GatorBait

The coleslaw/kale swap strategy actually makes a lot of sense. I'm going to assume that coleslaw is one of the lesser selling side dishes, and its sales are likely highly regionalized. Most people probably just get the waffle fries if they are ordering something relatively unhealthy.

Now they get to replace coleslaw with a more nutritional side that jives with their healthier options. I'd also imagine sales of the kale side will be less regionalized, which is a positive as Chick Fil A continues to expand.

entremet

Coleslaw is good, but it's very seasonal for me.

Spring and Summer.

And I never order fast food coleslaw. It's usually mediocre.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The mayo based shit that is so common down here is pretty awful and not worthy of being a side dish. Though I have made other varieties of it on tacos and sandwiches before that were really good.

andycapps

And yet cole slaw is always a bad choice.

EOLekTe.gif

I was going to ask if you lived in Washington and then you said you had a couple good bbq places. We have none. I think we found one good one but they went out of business. And I suppose there is an ok one (the owner is from Georgia) but if it were in Georgia it would be easily outshined by other bbq places.

I'm in Columbus, OH. Yeah, couple BBQ places here that I like. One is pretty great and the other isn't bad. The former would probably do okay in Georgia where I'm from. The other would be

When younger I hated that KFC always gave a side of coleslaw instead of more mashed potato.

Wish everyone would follow chick-fillets example

IF you like Cole slaw, chic fil a is God tier. If you've never had it or don't like it, you're not qualified to comment. This is pretty shitty news.

As another poster stated, don't cut Cole slaw, add the kale salad.

Yep, it's so overrated it isn't even funny. People need to actually try some good chicken at some point in their lives if they think CFA is "GOAT".

As someone who lives in the south and counts fried chicken as among the best foods, I can confirm Chickfila is amazing and worthy of praise.

It's great. The best fast food anywhere by a large margin.

Dali

Well coleslaw is pretty damn gross so this seems like the lesser of two evils.
I used to hate coleslaw too until I realized every time I tried it it was made with waaaay too much mayonnaise. It's pretty good when it's basically just the cabbage, carrots and whatever tossed with just a touch of mayo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom