• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-A testing Family Style Meals and new sides

bigkrev

http://www.businessinsider.com/chic...ls-with-mac-and-cheese-and-baked-beans-2017-7
04111730ctnugfamilystylemealspopb0052rgb2880px.png

Chick-fil-A is rolling out family-style meals and two new sides — mac and cheese and bacon baked beans — in three cities starting Monday.

The new meals start at $29.99 and include one entree, two sides, and eight mini rolls to serve four people. If rolled out nationwide, they will be a direct threat to KFC's popular "bucket" meals, which are also meant for large groups.

Chick-fil-A's new meals are meant to draw more customers during dinner, which is the least busy meal for Chick-fil-A restaurants after lunch and breakfast, according to Matt Abercrombie, Chick-fil-A's menu development manager.

Family-style entree options include 30 chicken nuggets, 12 chicken strips, or four chicken breasts either grilled or fried. Side options include bacon baked beans, a fruit bowl, mac and cheese, a salad, or the superfood side (kale and broccolini with dried cherries, nuts, and a maple vinaigrette dressing).

Chick-fil-A is testing the new meals and sides in Greensboro, North Carolina; Phoenix, Arizona; and San Antonio, Texas until November 18.

My body is ready for CFA Mac and Cheese

Hollycat

My two girlfriends and I will have to put on rainbows, hold hands, and see if they'll sell to my family.
Maybe we should wear shirts that say poly-lesbianism is the truth, the way and the light.

Edit: ignore me, I'm in a foul mood after dealing with Cox. Chick Fil A has delicious chicken sandwiches.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I feel like I could inhale 30 of their nuggets easily...

30 chick fil a nuggets? That could feed a family of one.

Agree, 30 isnt nearly enough.

I could do 20 McDonalds by myself if I wanted to or could split 10 with someone. These are alot smaller.

What math are they using where 30 is split evenly among a family? 40 would at least make sense.

That's a lot of nuggets. Do they have a way to control how many a single person eats?

With their beliefs and that recent "study" they might want to be careful about peddling chicken nuggets to unsuspecting patrons.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
My two girlfriends and I will have to put on rainbows, hold hands, and see if they'll sell to my family.
Maybe we should wear shirts that say poly-lesbianism is the truth, the way and the light.

They have no qualms about selling to my boyfriend and I.

Pretty sure you have to go high up the food chain to find someone willing to speak out against same sex couples, and even still they've largely cut that out since 2012.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Every freaking Chick Fil A thread.....

Yeah, sorry you're uncomfortable being reminded of their bigotry and the selfishness in ignoring it for some overrated chicken.

Oh wait, I'm not sorry. And it'll come up in every thread as long as I can remind people.

Yeah, sorry you're uncomfortable being reminded of their bigotry and the selfishness in ignoring it for some overrated chicken.

Oh wait, I'm not sorry. And it'll come up in every thread as long as I can remind people.

#notallheroeswearcapes

That's not enough food yo, gimme more

Zia

Damn, do spicy chicken tenders and the game will be fucked up

Doubtful. Ever since removing the spicy dressing and spicy biscuit, and replacing the latter with a "healthy" breakfast alternative that tastes and smells like grandma farts, I've just assumed they'll continue paring back the more flavorful options in an effort to continue pandering to their base of:

*Certain approved families only.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno about better, but sometimes you just want those tasty Wendy's nugs, ya know?

They're passable covered in their Sriracha Sauce in the 4 for 4 deal.

If it ain't Sunday and I got more than 5 bucks I'll take my Chikfila nuggs.

mackattk

Seems like a bad deal.

The 30pc nugget tray alone is something like $12.99

So I am going to be spending $17 on two family sized sides and a few mini rolls? Mini rolls sounds like they would be the rolls that they use for the chicken minis at breakfast.

Why spend $30 on a family meal when everyone can just basically order a combo which includes their choice of side, entree, and a drink for the same price or cheaper?

$7.50 per person is way too much for this little amount of food.

Take $10 off the price. Even $19.99 would be a little high but it would be more reasonable.

Its shit posting and causes the topic to derail. Chick Fil A is delicious and they have the nicest employees around.....that's why they get my money.

Dynomutt

Dang already do this typically get the strip platter and make our own sides or some canned corn and some garlic mashers. This could be good.

Matticers

The price does seem silly but more importantly, this would just start fights within families everywhere.

"Bobby, you ate 20 nuggets! Now there's only 10 for the rest of us. Learn to share, you little fucker!"

Yup. No one at any restaurant is going to be turned away, and in fact I don't believe ever has.

Yeah, of all the fast food restaurants I've been to*, the Chick-Fil-A ones always seem to have the nicest/best trained employees too. Always incredibly polite to everyone. The sins of the higher ups aren't on them - it's like when that dude ordered water at the drive-through, then started to berate the drive-through attendant for not supporting LGBT people

*except for the one in South Philly**

**Because everybody in South Philly wants to fight ya

They've been doing deals on their nugget trays near me, like 150 for $35 or something, so 30 with rolls and sides for $5 cheaper doesnt seem like a great deal.

Their spicy chicken is literally god tier though so I hope they expand their spicy options.

ChrisD

Doubtful. Ever since removing the spicy dressing and spicy biscuit, and replacing the latter with a "healthy" breakfast alternative that tastes and smells like grandma farts, I've just assumed they'll continue paring back the more flavorful options in an effort to continue pandering to their base of:
I don't know what their stances have to do with not having spicy foods lol.

But hot dang I want my "hot" foods back. Those who didn't at least try them because of "heat" are wimps, I say! Still miss that Spicy Biscuit...

mackattk

question: is one chick fil a chicken biscuit filling enough? or do you need to grab 2

Depends on the day. Sometimes the chicken they give you barely fills the bun, I mean it is miniscule sometimes.... Other times it is a decent size of chicken. I know there has been a time when I got the chicken-egg-cheese bagel meal and the chicken didnt even fill out half the bagel.

I love chick-fil-a, but the thing I hate most about it is how inconsistent they are on their chicken portion sizes. One chicken sandwich/biscuit could literally be twice as big as another one.

I wish they would come out with a big chicken biscuit, cost $1 more but you get a lunch entree sized portion of chicken.

The price does seem silly but more importantly, this would just start fights within families everywhere.

"Bobby, you ate 20 nuggets! Now there's only 10 for the rest of us. Learn to share, you little fucker!"

You can't even divide 30 by 4 evenly. Do 32 nuggets at least.

a 12 ct nugget meal here cost $7.25, and that includes a drink. Sure you only get one side instead of two sides and a little biscuit, but I would gesture to say that if you divide the family size side by 4 then each wouldn't get much anyway.

Four 12 count nugget meals cost less than this deal, and you get 18 more nuggets. Someone didn't think this pricing through.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
CFA is still pretty good.

That being said (like a lot of places) their prices have slowly edged up to where I'm like ehhh.

You're paying like $8 now for a combo with tax, and the food portion isn't exactly large.

I'm not surprised you only get 30 nuggets for $29.99.

Edit: Poster above on point with size. Shit is all over the place in terms of quality control.

Top Bottom