• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF Happened to Windows Media Connect?

JB1981

Ever since the new upgrade (so-called) WMP 11 does nothing but crash. Before this ****ing bullshit upgrade, I was able to stream video to my 360 without a problem (for the most part). Well, not really. The thing was still finnicky as ****, but a least I could get SOME WMV files to stream to my 360. Now, ever since this new piece of shit upgrade, the program crashes. Every. single. time. And now, when I go to xbox.com/support, it tells me how I can use ZUNE to connect to my 360. **** YOU, MS. I don't give a shit about your shitty Zune. Should I even waste my time calling their shitty support line? Or can one of you knowledgeable Gaffers help me out?

This is their new "support" for streaming media files to your 360:

:lol :lol :lol - you're ****ed. Buy Zune.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/pcsetup/xpsp2.htm

Step 4: Removing Existing Connection

If you were previously using your Xbox 360 with a Windows XP-based PC to share music and pictures, then complete the following steps to remove the connection from that PC. Otherwise skip to step 5.

* In the System section, select Computers.
* Select Windows-based PC , and then press the A button.
* Select Disconnect.
* Press the B button repeatedly until you return to the System section.

I'm still pissed that they took away my ability to use any folder to store photos and limited it just to the 'my pictures' folder.

I have all my photos on a file sever and even if I put a shortcut into the 'my photos' folder, I can no longer access the photos on my file server.

Thanks for reducing features on your 'update' MSFT. Jerks.

Top Bottom