• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF is running in my background (win XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B'z-chan

Banned
Something is taking up all of my ram currently and i need to know what is running in the background of Xp, and remove it. How do i show those tools and what not. Cause they arent showing up under programs and stuff. Someone want to help me out here? Thanks

Also how the fuck do i get rid of Moviefone's HRD software? Its being a bitch and doesnt want to come loose.

DJ Sl4m

Yea, or right click on your clock and select "task manager", there should be a list of how many resources are currently being used and what's running in the background.

Also it's best to uninstall/remove unwanted files while in safe mode if they are hard to delete in windows.

B'z-chan

Banned
what about startup programs? how do i get into those. Cause i know that using the three finger salute i can only get rid of programs i started, i want to all and stop these programs from starting again the next time i start up this computer.

DJ Sl4m

B'z-chan said:
what about startup programs? how do i get into those. Cause i know that using the three finger salute i can only get rid of programs i started, i want to all and stop these programs from starting again the next time i start up this computer.

Click the Start button, then click the run button, then type "msconfig", then hit the tab for "startup".

xsarien

daedsiluap
It cannot be emphasized enough how careful you have to be. A lot of the startup services and applications are legit, so please take care with what you remove from the boot sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom