• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF...this game sucks.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Work Time Fun on PSP. God awful. I understand that the reviews pretty much said so as well, but as a game I think they were being generous. As a gag? A high concept criticism of games or work? Maybe it's funny from a distance, but it wouldn't be funny if you bought it. Luckily I rented and didn't fully participate on the biggest joke of all, the one on gamers who might have thought this was some clever rip on Wario Ware.

WTF happened here? Anyone know what the production of this game was all about?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The title of the game is exactly what it is. WTF is the point of the game? Playing shitty minigames? :lol

At least it serves as a good tool to time your instant ramen

It's not a ripoff of Warioware - it's apparently based off of Groove Jigoku V, a PS1 game from 1998 which almost no one played (including me, thus "apparently")

Stage On

I'm surprised you bothered to waste any money on a game like that at all. I mean the warning signs where all in place was it simply a morbid sense of curiosity that drew you to that game?

I hope you took it back to the store ASAP and switched it out for something, anything better instead.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
trancejeremy said:
It's not a ripoff of Warioware - it's apparently based off of Groove Jigoku V, a PS1 game from 1998 which almost no one played (including me, thus "apparently")

i suppose we should distinguish between "ripping off" and "reacting to"

Alex

Incredible Crisis was the best random 9.99 purchase ever.

I had forgotten all about that game.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Neodiablo22 said:
You do realise that you bought a title called Work Time Fun right? Were you expecting something of gear of war quality :)

I didn't buy it, I got it as part of a rental service.

Gerstmann is full of shit. This isn't Incredible Crisis, don't compare the two! This is ass.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Alex said:
Incredible Crisis was the best random 9.99 purchase ever.

I had forgotten all about that game.
Great Rumbler said:
Possibly one of the greatest random insanity games ever.
Also a much better game than WTF. Those freaking button mashing mini-games kill me, especially when they're back to back.

Total Hardcore Gamer said:
Looks like another shitty mini-game crapfest.

Why are they infiltrating the PSP with stuff like WTF and LocoRoco? Leave that stuff on the DS...

hein? Rocoloco is kick ass! never talk about Rocoloco in vain

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
wtfil1.jpg

gutter_trash said:
hein? Rocoloco is kick ass! never talk about Rocoloco in vain

Nothing against LocoRoco, just seems like a waste of time putting flash-quality "pick-up-n-play" games on a system that's capable of a hardcore experience like Monster Hunter Freedom when there's already the DS for those kinds of games.

Nothing against LocoRoco, just seems like a waste of time putting flash-quality "pick-up-n-play" games on a system that's capable of a hardcore experience like Monster Hunter Freedom when there's already the DS for those kinds of games.

Who wants breakfast? I'm having popcorn!

Acosta

Total Hardcore Gamer says: Nothing against LocoRoco, just seems like a waste of time putting flash-quality "pick-up-n-play" games on a system that's capable of a hardcore experience like Monster Hunter Freedom when there's already the DS for those kinds of games.

Wow, that is... hardcore?

Yes, why loosing time with a lovely and enjoyable experience like Loco Roco when you could do bad copies of games already present in home consoles?.

Sorry, I have Monster Hunter freedom and is one of the less portable games you can find (run a little...loading... run a little... kill some monster...loading... pursue a big monster over a full map... loading.... loading....loading). For playing that I prefer the home experience by far, is more "hardcore".

Scenester

I was hoping this thread would have more descriptions of what goes on in WTF.

Why is it so bad? What do you do in the minigames?
Pretty much all the posts here are random quips (which are all good ;) ) or they say that the game sucks. Any online reviews available?

Scenester

Looks like another shitty mini-game crapfest.

Why are they infiltrating the PSP with stuff like WTF and LocoRoco? Leave that stuff on the DS...

You shouldnt say leave a certain genre for a certain system.... Im all for diversification and Im sure Locoroco is popular

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Scenester said:
I was hoping this thread would have more descriptions of what goes on in WTF.

Why is it so bad? What do you do in the minigames?
Pretty much all the posts here are random quips (which are all good ;) ) or they say that the game sucks. Any online reviews available?

The best description I could give is that imagine you were attending an exhibit that had a gag game that was developed to satirize the drudgery of work.

It has a series of "games" where you are rewarded by completing menial tasks with a paycheck that you then spend on funny trinkets. More boring games open up, etc. When I say tedious, I mean like cap a 1000 pens, or catch a 1000 grounders in a NES Baseball clone, etc. Things which wouldn't be particularly fun once or twice, but go on forever without much variation between them. It's not fun. It's an oddity.

Scenester

Musashi Wins! said:
The best description I could give is that imagine you were attending an exhibit that had a gag game that was developed to satirize the drudgery of work.

It has a series of "games" where you are rewarded by completing menial tasks with a paycheck that you then spend on funny trinkets. More boring games open up, etc. When I say tedious, I mean like cap a 1000 pens, or catch a 1000 grounders in a NES Baseball clone, etc. Things which wouldn't be particularly fun once or twice, but go on forever without much variation between them. It's not fun. It's an oddity.

God that does sound bad... I would be keen to play for a bit just to take in the 'Satire' :lol

Anyways back to play a real game, Gyakuten Saiban 2 bitches

Musashi Wins! said:

Doesn't sound like something I'd much be into... but if ever there were a gaming era in which "oddities" were appreciated, it'd be now... hell... it's starting to seem that unless RPGs exhibit some kind of oddity, they are destined to fail or be just in the 7.0 rating no matter how greatly executed they are.

(yet another reason why I continue caring less and less for ratings every time I see them)

aku:jiki

trancejeremy said:
I have GJV. WTF isn't even a sequel, per se, since half of the minigames were in GJV as well. Right down to the same exact sprites.

Musashi Wins! said:
To be fair to the game, though...it's quite clear that you haven't spent any time with it. The pen-capping and the baseball games are among the 4 you have from the beginning. You aren't even close to unlocking the really fun ones.

Yes, most of the minigames are horribly boring (and that's the point), true, but I'm just saying.

It's funny, though. This game is unreviewable. I mean, the point of it was to make boring minigames. In other words, they didn't fail at what they set out to do. Do you compare it to other games or do you review it by what it was meant to be? Is a piece of satire supposed to be rated on how "fun" it is? **** Electroplankton, this is where lines start to blur.

Another thing worthy of noting before you criticize WTF is that it's part of japanese thing called "kusoge" (shitty games). You know how we westerners rent low-budget and crappy movies for the fun factor? Yeah, same thing but for games. Meaning WTF is the videogame equivalent of Snakes on a Plane or Darkplace, and I think it succeeds brilliantly. I laughed a lot when I played BH2000.

Edit: This thread gets bonus points because "Total Hardcore Gamer" is the least hardcore gamer in this thread. Funny stuff.

aku:jiki said:
Edit: This thread gets bonus points because "Total Hardcore Gamer" is the least hardcore gamer in this thread. Funny stuff.

Hey, man. Wow! Thanks a whole lot for assuming you know anything about me, I mean, seriously man, I so needed that! Man, and the supporting arguments you used to back up why you think so... wow... marvelous. It's almost as if you directly linked "Junior Member" on one of the many forums I visit as to pretend you have a clue what you're talking about when speaking of me and conclude that I'm not a hardcore gamer, based on my gaming habits you don't even know about, or even the definition in which I base "hardcore gamer" upon.

Man, the world would be so much better with more of you. Spot on, man; spot on.

pubba

I think anyone joining GAF with the username 'Total Hardcore Gamer' is just asking for trouble :D Nothing personal.. its just a strange choice IMHO

Some of the people here are SCARY hardcore... Hope you can compete :D

Top Bottom