• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF...this game sucks.

pubba said:
I think anyone joining GAF with the username 'Total Hardcore Gamer' is just asking for trouble :D Nothing personal.. its just a strange choice IMHO

Oh yeah, I've already caught that pretty hardcore(especially from the ego-lords that like to address me as "junior")... not as bad as I expected I would, but yeah, NeoGAF has been pretty interesting in that aspect for these past few days with this username.

To be honest, the fact that this place isn't chock-full of casual gamers who:
• Run to their mommy(gamerankings) instead of forming their own opinions to dictate what games they buy
• Think "sales+ratings+popularity = good game", and that lack of such = bad game
• Will not buy a game unless it's deemed a "AAA" title
• Worship X-Play, and deem all of it's dislikers as "someone who must be a fan of clichéd RPGs"
• Worship Famitsu just because they're Japanese
• Look no deeper than mainstream games, and are frightened by games that take more than a little bit of effort to understand

...has given me a lot of respect for NeoGAF, and made it pretty easy for me to communicate with a lot here.

If nothing else... it's definitely a breath of fresh air from some other message board communities.

shuri

Banned
Total Hardcore Gamer said:
To be honest, the fact that this place isn't chock-full of casual gamers who:
[• Run to their mommy(gamerankings) instead of forming their own opinions to dictate what games they buy
• Think "sales/ratings/popularity = good game"
• Will not buy a game unless it's deemed a "AAA" title
• Worship X-Play, and deem all of it's dislikers as "someone who must be a fan of clichéd RPGs"
• Worship Famitsu just because they're Japanese
• Look no deeper than mainstream games, and are frightened by games that take more than a little bit of effort to understand
These are not the forums you are looking for :lol :lol :lol

The game got an 8.0 at Gamespot. I want to give the game a shot, since it looks like a game I'll like, and I enjoyed the other game D3 brought stateside for PSP, which was PQ Practical Intelligence.

shuri said:
These are not the forums you are looking for :lol :lol :lol

Okay, okay... maybe not entirely, but there seems to at least be one true hardcore gamer on this forum for every 25 casual gamers that are still on their Gamerankings/NPD umbilical cord(which is a lot more than I can say about most other forums I visit).

Total Hardcore Gamer said:
• Think "sales+ratings+popularity = good game", and that lack of such = bad game

I disagree about your sales comment,
whenever a PSP topic gets created and then DS people jump in, it quickly turns into a Sales-Age topic about DS + DS titles selling so much

very few PSP threads survive this Sales-Age treatment

gutter_trash said:
whenever a PSP topic gets created and then DS people jump in, it quickly turns into a Sales-Age topic about DS + DS titles selling so much

That's because a lot of PSP topics have to do with PSP sales.

Look at this thread. Very little talk about which games will sell more.

Edit: Stupid forums.

gutter_trash said:

Yeah, after I made that comment, about 30 or so topics just made it apparent that I was wrong about the majority looking deeper than sales... it was kinda ironic, really.

EDIT: wtf is my reply doing up here? damn it!

Top Bottom