• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wuhan Virus around, will people line up for next gen?

Would you line up?

• Total voters

Tulipanzo

Chinese virus then?
It's not like what some dumbass on a forum calls it actually matters, you're just out of touch.

Look at his avatar. It is probably something personal :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Oh don't get me wrong, not a fan of the CCP, it's just the wrong name, and one nobody used since it clearly became a global pandemic.

Back to OT, I think the solution for this would be to just have home delivery and keep shops closed.
I guess you could have people make a reservation for a specific time at a specific store, but that still seems like too much trouble.
Personally, I'm going to get it at home, but I've always done that with consoles.

Tulipanzo

Some people?
Is the origin of the virus, is writing everywhere, the virus even have a DNA and a sequence for tracking. That’s how they check how the virus mutate from Asia to Europe.

Is like Spanish Flu, from Spain....
Or Ebola from Ebola river, Zika from Zika forest... and go on.

Anyways , too much off topic.
Mate, just take the L. Nobody calls it the Wuhan virus.

You're sticking to outdated, and unused, naming. Naming diseases from places was rightfully dropped, and it's easy to see why.
The Spanish flu originated in Kansas.
The Ebola virus actually did not originate from the river, but it's discoverer called it so to spare the first outbreak's village from the obvious stigma.
Zika became an health issue on a whole different continent from the Zika forest in Uganda.
Similarly here, abnormal pneumonia cases were also documented earlier outside of China, with the virus potentially traced back to multiple other areas. "The virus have a DNA and a sequence" tells me you don't actually know what you're talking about.

You'd at least have a case if it were common parlance. It's not, you're just being a jackass for attention.

yurinka

Some people?
Is the origin of the virus, is writing everywhere, the virus even have a DNA and a sequence for tracking. That’s how they check how the virus mutate from Asia to Europe.

Is like Spanish Flu, from Spain....
Or Ebola from Ebola river, Zika from Zika forest... and go on.

Anyways , too much off topic.
Regarding the 'Spanish flu', its first outbreaks were in USA, UK and Germany but they were censored because they were in World War I to don't affect their morale, so allowed to report only the cases from Spain who wasn't involved in the war:

That nickname isn't the origin of the virus, it's who the propaganda wants to stigmatize. Like in your case or Trump when calling it the China virus or Wuhan virus when it's well known (at least outside the USA propaganda) that the virus existed way before than the Wuhan market in different parts of the world. The rest of the world call the virus by its name, SARS-CoV-2, and the disease covid19.

Banned
in my area in germany the infection rate is ridiculously low, so yeah...

but there will be 2m of distance between each person anyway since that's how lines work now everywhere anyways, so, that + the super low amount of infections in my area + masks = very low risk of infection

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Last console I lined up for was the ps2.

Online ordering is so easy.

Does anyone but eBay scalpers line up any more?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Mate, just take the L. Nobody calls it the Wuhan virus.

You're sticking to outdated, and unused, naming. Naming diseases from places was rightfully dropped, and it's easy to see why.
The Spanish flu originated in Kansas.
The Ebola virus actually did not originate from the river, but it's discoverer called it so to spare the first outbreak's village from the obvious stigma.
Zika became an health issue on a whole different continent from the Zika forest in Uganda.
Similarly here, abnormal pneumonia cases were also documented earlier outside of China, with the virus potentially traced back to multiple other areas. "The virus have a DNA and a sequence" tells me you don't actually know what you're talking about.

You'd at least have a case if it were common parlance. It's not, you're just being a jackass for attention.
your opinion is wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
At least in the UK people are entirely blasé about the old kung flu, despite our massive death toll, so I don't see it effecting demand or people quing one bit.

Reactions: MrS

GiJoint

haha scamdemic. yeah the virus is real, but 99.9 percent of people recover from it.
While the survival rate has been high, it’s the long term effects on some people that is doing the damage. Some people are absolutely fine but others have long term reduced lung capacity etc it’s just not as clear cut.

DinoD

haha scamdemic. yeah the virus is real, but 99.9 percent of people recover from it.

Yet with all these measures governments around the world have put into place to try to protect their people. Your 0.1 % may look nothing on paper, but that's almost a million of life's lost. One of that 0.1 % was my cousin who was 43 years old. My dad (75) recently had a heart surgery and suffers from asthma. Should I also shove him under yours 0.1 %.?
You also don't know if this disease won't leave a permanent organ/tissue damage to people who recovered from it.

Regards

Last edited:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Socially distanced lines will be ripe for cutting. Should be some good fights on social media.

cyber_ninja

Line up? What year is it? I'm getting it delivered to my home on launch day. I have better things to do than waiting in line.

Joe T.

I will... if Sony can show me something worth being excited about. The UHD BR disc version and backwards compatibility might be enough to do it since I skipped this gen, but I'm not all that excited about what's been shown off so far. I had high expectations for improvements/innovations to gameplay with better AI, physics and more models on screen or retained in memory for longer periods of time.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well in my local EBgames because of the virus we have take appointment of what time to pick up our pre-orders. 1 or 2 people each time since the store is not very big.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
why would you even line up at the best of times? lol

i have never lined up for a console launch. it has been enough to just bounce into the shop (for PS1/PS2/PS3), pre order, then go collect it when it launches. no standing about for hours freezing your ass off. just swag right on there in and grab it then jump off home. for PS4 i just preordered on amazon and that's exactly what i'll be doing for Xbox Series X.

as for games the last game i lined up for was GTA IV back in 2008. it wasn't even a big line and i was there like 5 mins. i haven't bought a physical disc since 2014 so no more of that nonsense...not that you really need to line up for games anymore either.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
No, I'll wait for the courier to deliver mine
pyk0JA3.jpg

Tulipanzo

0.01% of people dying from it still means 300k extra deaths in the US alone. Mortality also doesn't cover complications ranging from thromboembolism, long term respiratory disorders, internal organ damage...

Plus, this isn't counting all the preventable deaths caused by overwhelming the health system.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
If this was 1998 I would definitely wait in a line to get one, Virus or not, but its 2020 so I don't have too and wont.

the_master

That’s it, Wuhan virus may be strong and ready for you in November, would you still line up?

Here in japan there’s already line up for many stores limiting people inside, but Playstation may attract a massive amount of people, not sure if the government will allow it.

If corona is like now, I will just skip it and wait for normal price in amazon lol.
It is not called Wuhan virus.
"It is a hoax" is not an opinion, it is a lie.

shaddam

I preordered my ps4 online. Walked in on launch day, and leave within 2 minutes. With the ps5 I will choose delivery, because I'm to lazy to walk in

And BTW standing in line is crazy I always chuckle when I see iSheeps doing it. I will stand in line when its ww3 and they are giving out water and food, not fancy electronics

Last edited:
Top Bottom