• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k15 PS4/XB1 Review Thread (Embargoed Until Release Date)

JNA

Banned
These 7s and 8s are why more and more people think games journalism is a joke. -_- Especially when they criticize the game so much yet "8/10".

Are you kidding me? lol

Man what happened with this game. Faces look awful. Thought they were using the nba tech

It's still up to Yuke's to put them in the game and apparently Yuke's has terrible artists. Some of the models do look really good like modern day HHH and Mark Henry though. The bad looking models outweigh the good by far though. Hair looks horrible on every wrestler.

Xater

Just saw the tweets by Dan and Akex. Told you the chain wrestling system sucks. Forgot the name of it. No idea how someone could have tried this in the prototyping stage and think that it's a good thing to put in.

Cool. Do not let 2k/Yukes go gentle into that good night.

I'm 1,400 words in, although I'll say that I do really enjoy the chain wrestling system. It's a bit like Wrestle Kingdom 2's, but easier to figure out and I love the animations for attacking while in the holds. It does wreck the flow of matches sometimes, and man is it weird for Cena to use it but BROCK LESNAR.

While both consoles can put a half-dozen wrestlers on screen (a slight disappointment since that was the same cap on last-gen) the biggest differences between new-gen consoles is that the Xbox One version allows six human players while PlayStation 4 only allows four. Beyond that, there are no performances differences, as both bring their best 1080p and 60 fps behavior to fights.

Oh boy.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/18/wwe-2k15-review-ps4xbox-one

Yaari

I agree that many of that sites have become scared to really speak their mind. If you don't like something, you don't give it a 7.

I seriously hate scoring in videogame reviews. Because it does not tell you anything.

DryvBy

These 7s and 8s are why more and more people think games journalism is a joke. -_- Especially when they criticize the game so much yet "8/10".

Are you kidding me? lol

LBP 3 today was hit by IGN with a 6.8. Just let that sink in...

Hasney

Looks like quite a few of the big places couldn't be bothered getting a review up in time. I can't blame them, busy release day. I'll update it again if I see anymore though.

smileypop

Neo Member
You cannot go by review scores in this day and age. You have to read the reviews. They know most people just check the score, or go to metacritic, gamerankings. There are so many reviews now days that bash the game throughout and then give it a decent score at the end. It's like you have to read between the lines.

Hasney

Updated with Metro, Game Over and Gametrailers. Really agreeing with GT a lot recently, I think that's a very accurate review.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/bybl1p/wwe-2k15-review

It's currently sitting at a 68 on MetaCritic

i0I3yfL11O3qT.gif

Top Bottom