• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

I really like the game - but the submission system can go to hell - its not user friendly in my opinion - and if I dont learn it quick than 3:16 2k Showcase is never gonna get past Brett Hart

I learned it quickly.

It's not easy but it shouldn't be.

Can anyone tell me how to use a downloaded CAW as an ALT ATTIRE for a regular superstar? For example, I downloaded an Undertaker CAW with his old grey boots, neck tie, etc, but I can't figure out how to assign it as an ALT for The Undertaker in-game.

I didn't play 2K15 but couldn't this be done? Can it be done this year?

Stuck on Royal Rumble '01when it's asking me to hit Kane 3x with a chair. Like WTF. How can you possibly get a chair in a royal rumble? Tried leaving the ring and nothing worked.

Also Mikey Whipwreck looks awfully out of place here. They didn't even bother to render him and looks like a CAW.

Hasney

Manual targeting is just god fucking awful, they managed to make it worse. Supposed to be L3, but it works when it wants.

Can anyone tell me how to use a downloaded CAW as an ALT ATTIRE for a regular superstar? For example, I downloaded an Undertaker CAW with his old grey boots, neck tie, etc, but I can't figure out how to assign it as an ALT for The Undertaker in-game.

I didn't play 2K15 but couldn't this be done? Can it be done this year?

IIRC you can go and edit the CAW Undertaker you downloaded and in the editing section there should be an option to set it to custom attire rather than a superstar. Maybe in the details section like hometown and that stuff. That's what it was in 2k15 I think.

Malalaw

I was really trying to hold off on this game, but the temptation was too strong. I just reserved a copy to be held at Redbox, about to go pick it up!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
"The availability of match types are also inconsistent. The ‘Buried Alive’ match appears in the 2K Showcase mode when Stone Cold faces The Undertaker, but is not available to select during the Exhibition mode. This is the problem with recent WWE video games. They bring back features, and take some out. There has never been a game that includes EVERYTHING."

Seems spot on

If anyone wants to try this for a night and avoid paying $3 at Redbox use this code:

TRYB4UBUY

Basically $3 off so it'll work on other rentals (two blu-rays for .50 or one blu-ray for free, etc)

Zee-Row

Banned
I tried to share play this game with my friend yesterday and it said the game was not available in my region yet. Did they disable share play for this game?

DaddyDonuts

Neo Member
reeeally love playing this off the disc. no installation required + a 4 minute day 1 update. Not so bad! Physical media, you have my heart.

reeeally love playing this off the disc. no installation required + a 4 minute day 1 update. Not so bad! Physical media, you have my heart.

Huh? It loaded up as soon as I sat down to play it the first time. Preloads exist. 0 Minute wait for a day 1 update.

The friend I'm playing with lives in the same city as me though. We also both have US accounts.

They must have it disabled.

Zach

Do any of you guys like the mini-games and meters for pins and submissions and stuff? Because I find it all very dumb.

Do any of you guys like the mini-games and meters for pins and submissions and stuff? Because I find it all very dumb.

It's the worst. Especially since I was playing the AKI games this weekend and in those games they actually have competitive matches that can go on and on, when I lose I don't feel cheated. In this I can work an area for submissions but it doesn't matter because the mini-game is such shit. Then with pins I can fuck someone up all match but never keep them down. They hit one finisher and my pin meter is done.

#SaveUsAKI

DaddyDonuts

Neo Member
Huh? It loaded up as soon as I sat down to play it the first time. Preloads exist. 0 Minute wait for a day 1 update.

That's cool, I'm not pooh-poohing digital, just celebrating that this particular game doesn't require installation when playing it with a disc. It's frustrating when I buy a physical copy of a game and it forces a long installation when I pop it in (NBA 2k16).

That's cool, I'm not pooh-poohing digital, just celebrating that this particular game doesn't require installation when playing it with a disc. It's frustrating when I buy a physical copy of a game and it forces a long installation when I pop it in (NBA 2k16).

WWE 2k16 installs off disc like all PS4/Xbox One games.

I find that PS4 games have found ways to get you started up extremely fast after putting the disc in while it installs in the background. Full game too. Not like some of the earlier stuff.

Hasney

It does require installation, it's just that it requires only 3GB installed to play a match. It's the same with downloads, so with my connection, I could play after 3 minutes.

It's the worst. Especially since I was playing the AKI games this weekend and in those games they actually have competitive matches that can go on and on, when I lose I don't feel cheated. In this I can work an area for submissions but it doesn't matter because the mini-game is such shit. Then with pins I can fuck someone up all match but never keep them down. They hit one finisher and my pin meter is done.

#SaveUsAKI

It's not a Yukes game without a dumb new gameplay minigame. Aki will never release another wrestling game because noone here has the motivation to contact them regarding a kickstarter to do one.

It's not a Yukes game without a dumb new gameplay minigame. Aki will never release another wrestling game because noone here has the motivation to contact them regarding a kickstarter to do one.

Everyone already invested their pennies in Pro Wrestling X.

It's coming. Any day now.

Really, 2k should release a No Mercy remake as a Digital Download title at this point.

Hasney

You've gotta win 3 30 man Rumbles as Austin for the special showcase. Just put him in as 30 so watching and Kofi is close to breaking the elimination record.

Zach

What's stopping you, BoboBrazil?

And seriously, why the mini games? What's wrong with mashing to kick out, etc.? AKI had it right that you mashed the buttons, but kicking out was mostly determined by the damage you've already taken and your Spirit Meter or whatever. That's the most logical system to me.

I see this as a good thing. Back in the day, you would just mash buttons to get out of a submission. Really no strategy, just button mashing.

Glad to see these things evolving and getting more challenging. The game has been out one day, so it might take a few matches to get used to the new system. I'm all for it.

I played it for 5 hours and the system fucking sucks. At least with button mashing, I wasn't submitting to fucking abdominal stretches and chinlocks.

I KNOW what to do and I UNDERSTAND it. But it doesn't functionally fucking work.

And seriously, why the mini games? What's wrong with mashing to kick out, etc.? AKI had it right that you mashed the buttons, but kicking out was mostly determined by the damage you've already taken and your Spirit Meter or whatever. That's the most logical system to me.

I don't speak Japanese or have the time or effort to work on a kickstarter for them. I thought about emailing them just to see if I would get a response though. The method you speak of is the way it should be.

I played it for 5 hours and the system fucking sucks. At least with button mashing, I wasn't submitting to fucking abdominal stretches and chinlocks.

I KNOW what to do and I UNDERSTAND it. But it doesn't functionally fucking work.

It's just a horrible method to say you changed gameplay in the press release. The guys that created the system at 2k couldn't even use it successfully on their live stream yesterday. People were submitting to headlocks and shit.

Hasney

I don't know if those personality sliders are doing anything or what, but Miz just entered the Rumble and taunted in the corner until someone came for him.

Zach

I don't speak Japanese or have the time or effort to work on a kickstarter for them. I thought about emailing them just to see if I would get a response though. The method you speak of is the way it should be.

You're infamously passionate about your Yuke's criticism. I say you turn it into a positive and contact anyone and everyone. Be the squeaky wheel you were born to be, BoboBrazil. For us! For... the people!

Alright, now that I've picked up some of the mechanics I'm really loving this game. I've spent probably 5 hours on it yet I feel like I've hardly scratched the surface. Create A Wrestler is extremely deep, I didn't realize there were so many different moves I could perform with just one character, I'm no where near done picking my moves yet. However I wish my My Career wrestler got to use the same moveset, I understand locking away stuff like a second finisher but I wish the rest of the moves weren't set back to default.

Submission system has gotten a bit easier, I still failed the tutorial like 20 times but I almost made the CPU tap earlier! It's pretty luck based I find.

Idk if anyone cares or not, but these are my CAW's finishers and signatures right now.

Finisher 1: Styles Clash (In game it's called Belly To Back Facebuster 2 or something like that, commentary calls it Faith breaker or something)
Finisher 2: 450 Imploding Splash, which looks absolutely ridiculous when you perform it on someone who's outside of the ring
Signature 1: Blue Thunder Bomb

I haven't really picked a second signature yet, will probably go with a submission.

I wish the game had Avalanche Styles Clash though, that would be nutssss.

Mashing is far more inline with the spirit/logic of professional wrestling.

For pins, its about mustering the strength to get out before 3 after a devastating maneuver.

The logic of submissions used to be you worked a body part all match and try finish an opponent with a trademark maneuver. The opponent would either try to prevent the hold from being locked in (reversal the start up) or fight through the pain to try and power out or reach the ropes.

Neither mini-game captures those aspects.

Top Bottom