• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (GC) trailer

Penguin

It looks nice enough.

And I still enjoy the original DoR so some improvements here and there and we are set.

ManaByte

Is DoR 1 worth picking up cheap?

And

wwe-day-of-reckoning-2-20050610114935188.jpg

Best boxart ever.

Mr Gump

Banned
A lot of the animation is shit house and the collision detection where you can knock out an opponent indirectly through a move is annoying.

Ill see what mood im in.

for me wwe dor was the best wrestling in this gen and this sequel will be superior.
I don't like shit games like SVR that are for casual gamers.

any idea about progressive scan support?
if it couldn't support, i will buy pal version for better image quality than usa version.

Raw64life

Looking good. This game would easily get 9.0+ across the board if they would just get rid of the terrible move animation and collision detection.

Raw64life said:
Looking good. This game would easily get 9.0+ across the board if they would just get rid of the terrible move animation and collision detection.

EVERYTIME somebody mentions this to THQ, they don't listen and find another problem that's not even worth mentioning.

Animation is so stiff... where's the smooth transition between moves?

Same for the falls. They all fall like a ton of brick.

It's fuckin ridiculous.

Memles

Raw64life said:

Ding Ding Ding! Yep, it's the collision detection that has bothered me since WMX8. How in the hell did they manage to think that that actually happened in wrestling? It's like they're taking real-life basic physics (Hit guy, guy fall down) but applying it to the most IDIOTIC situations ever and not creating a specific falling animation to go with it.

Also stupid is the concept of using a Lying-Down Top-Rope move (Say, an elbow drop) on a STANDING OPPONENT. I just cannot fathom how they can consider these inclusions to be positive ones for the series when they may be the most unrealistic things ever in the realm of professional wrestling games. Ugh.

It is LOOKING good, and I have some faith that it might come together. But, by all accounts, I'll be renting this and waiting for a price drop, because I have little faith in their ability to get it right.

Here's hoping THQ signs on for Revolution and puts up its Wrestling Library for sale, because it's the only way we'll have a good wrestling game next generation, at this rate.

Memles

almokla said:
people still play stupid wrestling games?

*runs*

Nah, I've graduated to bitching about them without playing them. It lacks, you know, actually playing them, but it's still fun.

No AKI = No buy.

I've been stung too many times this gen with crappy WWE games that are overly obessed with frequent reversals and specials, not any more thank you.

Top Bottom