• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Money in the Bank 2013 |OT| Return of the Whole Show F'N, RDV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

It was 2009

Well, that would explain it.

Also, what was up with this:
Rg06yXr.gif

bigosc2k

Banned
All that money going into Summerslam.....

Guess that 60 is going to Saints Row 4.

Geeze no one was happy about that result. I'm hoping Axel got out of the building as soon as he did that.

Yeah the results have turned me off from summerslam, I hope Saints Row 4 doesn't disappoint me.

The champ is face, Orton has wanted to turn heel ever since he turned face. WWE rarely does Face-Face WWE title matches.

That's still not justification for him winning it. They'll probably pull the same shit they always pull with him performing slightly heel tactics for a while and have people question him until he fully turns and cashes in. It doesn't change the fact Bryan's the most over face right now and Bray's the most interesting heel on the roster. Fuck, this has even put a bad taste in my mouth about Orton putting Danielson over given it's most likely down to the fact he was winning this event.

strobogo

Banned
Obviously he didn't turn heel, because WWE crowds (especially Philly) cheer for heels. Crowd pretty much packed it in when El Hijo del Perfecto cost Dragon the match.

Summerslam doesn't look interesting at all besides Punk/Bork. I would not be surprised at all if Dragon really does go for the IC Championship at Summerslam. Maybe they're going to Stone Cold him. He was the most over guy by early 1997. He was on a roll. It took until next year to make him champion. So maybe Meltzer was wrong and they're planning to do Bryan vs Cena at NEXT year's Summerfest.

Ithil

Obviously he didn't turn heel, because WWE crowds (especially Philly) cheer for heels. Crowd pretty much packed it in when El Hijo del Perfecto cost Dragon the match.

Summerslam doesn't look interesting at all besides Punk/Bork. I would not be surprised at all if Dragon really does go for the IC Championship at Summerslam. Maybe they're going to Stone Cold him. He was the most over guy by early 1997. He was on a roll. It took until next year to make him champion. So maybe Meltzer was wrong and they're planning to do Bryan vs Cena at NEXT year's Summerfest.

Bryan is a face, and Axel and Heyman are heels, and the Philly crowd adored Bryan and by the end of the night hated the latter two. It's not a 100% loves heels thing. They loved Ziggler and hated Del Rio, and that's a face and a heel.

remnant

Banned
I honestly don't get why Orton won. If they wanted somebody other than Bryan take it than they should have put Bray in the match to replace Kane.

That would have been incredibly stupid. Put Bray, unadvertised in a ladder match and give him MiTB?

I don't see why anyone is confused. This, or Sheamus is the best choice. Punk doesn't need it. Bryan doesn't need it, RVD doesn't need it and Christian has no momentum anyway.

With Orton sitting on the briefcase there are a ton of things you can do with that, including a heel turn. There is no reason to think Orton must cash it in at SS

What a down week in general.

Orton existing in general, Pacific Rim bombing, Ryan Davis gone, Zimmerman acquitted, dentist appointment tomorrow for a possible wisdom teeth operation....just man. Ugh

Yeah i know first world problems blah blah blah

BFIB

Last week:

I'm pumped. Bryan is gaining momentum. Orton jobbing to Bryan CLEAN. Wyatt Family debut.

Tonight:

WWE quickly reminds me that they want to do everything in their power to turn me away. Henry jobs to Cena in the worst way possible. Bryan is shoved aside because obviously Orton needs this win.

Can't even have Lesnar come out to destroy Punk!?

EDIT: Forgot about Dolph :(

strobogo

Banned
Really bummed at the lack of crazy Cesaro strength spot. I'm thinking maybe a guy laying on the ladder and he does a full on snatch to get the guy up on his shoulders or something. Or the Neutralizer with a ladder as previously mentioned.

That would have been incredibly stupid. Put Bray, unadvertised in a ladder match and give him MiTB?

Yes it would be incredibly stupid to place somebody who got the best reaction last Raw based on build up alone in a position which would make their build up even more terrifying.

I don't see why anyone is confused. This, or Sheamus is the best choice. Punk doesn't need it. Bryan doesn't need it, RVD doesn't need it and Christian has no momentum anyway.

How the fuck can you justify Punk or Bryan not needing then say Orton or Sheamus do when they've been doing nothing but burying people over the last two years? Also I think it was more than apparent Christian had about the same momentum as Orton given the reaction. They should have pulled the trigger, it's stupid giving him wins over their big heels if they're not willing to pull the trigger and give the big win to Orton.

With Orton sitting on the briefcase there are a ton of things you can do with that, including a heel turn.

Yeah, you can copy the same shit that happened when Punk went heel on Hardy. Fucking exciting! Or you could give Bray the suitcase and give him the most ridiculous debut ever or use it to turn Bryan into one of the faces of your company.

remnant

Banned
Yes it would be incredibly stupid to place somebody who got the best reaction last Raw based on build up alone in a position which would make their build up even more terrifying.
Right, that's how you build someone. By putting them in matches where they will be routinely eclipsed before they cut one promo or wrestle one match. What?

How the fuck can you justify Punk or Bryan not needing then say Orton or Sheamus do when they've been doing nothing but burying people over the last two years?
What? Randy Orton is on a losing streak. Sheamus was on last month pre show.. Burying people? Where? on Main Event?

Yeah Sheamus and orton had way more heat two years...so obviously they need to be retooled. Given a focus. Why does Bryan need it? He can literally come out and call Cena out on any random night and get a huge pop. You think Sheamus is in a position to do that?

Also I think it was more than apparent Christian had about the same momentum as Orton given the reaction. They should have pulled the trigger, it's stupid giving him wins over their big heels if they're not willing to pull the trigger and give the big win to Orton.
Oh please. Watch the past few weeks of RAW or SD and compare the reaction Orton gets to Christian. hell just compare Orton/Christian crowd reaction in the promo they did a few weeks back where all the MiTB guys opened the show. They aren't the same at all.

Yeah, you can copy the same shit that happened when Punk went heel on Hardy. Fucking exciting! Or you could give Bray the suitcase and give him the most ridiculous debut ever or use it to turn Bryan into one of the faces of your company.
Bray with the suitcase is foolish at best, and Bryan doesn't need the briefcase at all. They can easily book a match between the two without the suitcase.

Hell they could just use Orton and the briefcase to catapult bryan against Cena as well

Lets get those ratings out!

6/10 for me. None of the momentum from the WHC was ever delivered.

Ziggs match was good but floundered because of the ending.

Ryback vs Jericho was nothing. Miz vs Fuckface (Axel) was nothing, AJ vs Kaitlyn was just adequate.

WHC MiTB and the Kick-off match were the best of the night.

Really, this whole entire thing is just a lesson in expectations regarding a PPV for me.

Edit: Bryan with the case and with an honorable cash in has money all over it. Momentum was the key thing with Bryan. He has none of that anymore unless he gets a post wrestlemania circle jerk. Other than that, Bryan's ball has been dropped in my opinion. He was momentum. Then again so was Punk in 2011. So really, Vince is just an asshole.

Ozone

Just got back from the show. What a great night and show. Everyone pretty much died in that main event, including the crowd after Orton winning.

How did the crowd come off throughout the show on TV?

Right, that's how you build someone. By putting them in matches where they will be routinely eclipsedbefore they cut one promo or wrestle one match. What?

The gimmick is fucking over. I'll admit the idea is a bit out there but the Shield have shown how dominating a faction would be, if the Wyatt familly made them look like pussycats it would be nuts.

What? Randy Orton is on a losing streak. Sheamus was on last month pre show.. Burying people? Where? on Main Event?

What? Give me their win/loss ratio over the last two years, bonus points if you only include clean losses.

Yeah Sheamus and orton had way more heat two years...so obviously they need to be retooled. Given a focus. Why does Bryan need it? He can literally come out and call Cena out on any random night and get a huge pop. You think Sheamus is in a position to do that?

I'm lost, I'm pretty sure Randy or Shamus can/has done that before. Bryan on the other hand would benefit from showing he can consistently beat high tiered talent. The bonus is Bryan isn't boring as hell in the ring/on the mic.

Oh please. Watch the past few weeks of RAW or SD and compare the reaction Orton gets to Christian. hell just compare Orton/Christian crowd reaction in the promo they did a few weeks back where all the MiTB guys opened the show. They aren't the same at all.

Bray with the suitcase is foolish at best, and Bryan doesn't need the briefcase at all. They can easily book a match between the two without the suitcase.

Bray winning the suitcase isn't foolish at best, it would help him get even more over and would put him in an interesting position given his gimmick. Also they could easily book Orton into a title match without the suitcase, what's gained from him having it? Bryan on the other hand loses his momentum, especially if he's forced into a mid-card fued with Mcgillicutty.

Nameless

I definitely see either Punk or Bryan winning the Rumble and going on to face the other at Mania. Orton will cash in sometime in the fall and keep the belt warm for the WM headliner during the holidays when no-one but wrasslegaf is watching.

My lamp was poor quality but it looked like RVD atleast showed up in shape, which is good. We'll how he's doing after a couple months on the road. The munchies always win.

Just got back from the show. What a great night and show. Everyone pretty much died in that main event, including the crowd after Orton winning.

How did the crowd come off throughout the show on TV?

RVD, CM-Punk got the most pop other side of those 2 the crowd was almost non-existent....

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Gah. Orton is so boring. Wow, Can't believe they went with that. Took me 10 tries to type that out.

remnant

Banned
The gimmick is fucking over. I'll admit the idea is a bit out there but the Shield have shown how dominating a faction would be, if the Wyatt familly made them look like pussycats it would be nuts.
The gimmick is over. great. Protect the fucking gimmick

Last week they spent all fo RAW trying to send the message that Bray is a mastermind, they took out kane but Bray doesn't touch him. They are mysterious, unknown, blah blah blah....and their first match involves them falling off of ladders?

And if they win, so what. They are in a feud with Kane, maybe taker in the future. With Randy or Sheamus or even bryan you can do something with the case tomoorow or in 4 months. Put it on bray and it's an immediate afterthought

What? Give me their win/loss ratio over the last two years, bonus points if you only include clean losses.
Give me bryan's win/loss ratio for the past month, which fans are more likely to remember.

Is MiTB meant to escalate someone up the ladder or just set up a matc?. In both cases bryan doesn't need it. He is at the top of the card and they can set up a match with Cena anytime.

I'm lost, I'm pretty sure Randy or Shamus can/has done that before. Bryan on the other hand would benefit from showing he can consistently beat high tiered talent. The bonus is Bryan isn't boring as hell in the ring/on the mic.
Which is what he has been doing, which is why he doesn't need it. Bryan winning his 2nd MiTB proves what that beating randy orton clean in the ring doesn't?

Bray winning the suitcase isn't foolish at best, it would help him get even more over and would put him in an interesting position given his gimmick. Also they could easily book Orton into a title match without the suitcase, what's gained from him having it? Bryan on the other hand loses his momentum, especially if he's forced into a mid-card fued with Mcgillicutty.
What's gained is orton can turn, or sit on the suitcase, or better yet, has enough heat to cash it in and lose the match. if you give the briefcase to Bryan you are kind of stuck doing one thing. Granted it's one thing I want to see but booking wise this is a far better move

The gimmick is over. great. Protect the fucking gimmick

Last week they spent all fo RAW trying to send the message that Bray is a mastermind, they took out kane but Bray doesn't touch him. They are mysterious, unknown, blah blah blah....and their first match involves them falling off of ladders?

And if they win, so what. They are in a feud with Kane, maybe taker in the future. With Randy or Sheamus or even bryan you can do something with the case tomoorow or in 4 months. Put it on bray and it's an immediate afterthought

It's almost like there were 3 men and you could have a tag team fued with Taker/Kane whilst their leader goes into the main event. Given they have to go over Kane/Taker and that's essentially bigger than a title win I don't see the harm in them taking it all at once. Beyond that putting it on Bray would show him to be a massive threat where as it's an afterthought on Randy given he's proven he can do this already.

Give me bryan's win/loss ratio for the past month, which fans are more likely to remember.

I can't even comprehend what you're saying here. You're comparing months to years and saying a month of success is more memorable.

Is MiTB meant to escalate someone up the ladder or just set up a matc?. In both cases bryan doesn't need it. He is at the top of the card and they can set up a match with Cena anytime.

Yes it's meant to escalate someone to the main event, it's the fucking point of the match. You've constantly failed to distinguish why Orton needs it over Bryan. Orton could get a title match at any point with no questions asked, this on the other hand kills Bryan's momentum.

Which is what he has been doing, which is why he doesn't need it. Bryan winning his 2nd MiTB proves what that beating randy orton clean in the ring doesn't?

It stomps on his momentum in showing he can't win the big one. Once again what does Orton gain from this?

What's gained is orton can turn, or sit on the suitcase, or better yet, has enough heat to cash it in and lose the match. if you give the briefcase to Bryan you are kind of stuck doing one thing. Granted it's one thing I want to see but booking wise this is a far better move

Orton can turn without the briefcase, I guess he was meant to turn already given how the commentators highlighted his heel tactics in the match where Bryan suffered a stinger, I'm willing to bet he'd be heel now if Bryan didn't get injured. If you give Orton the case you're stuck with the majority of the crowd not caring, you're stuck with having to do the same heel turn Punk did against Jeff.

When push comes to shove Cena/Orton is one of the most boring fueds they could come up with. Congrats if you're looking forward to that, but I think it's bullshit.

RBH

krae_man

Really interested to see how this plays out now that this guy is starting to get more and more attention.

Not like it matters as long as those idiotic UK gabling sites still taking bets on WWE matches and WWE people keep betting with insider information.

Hell, that might be exactly what he's doing.

remnant

Banned
It's almost like there were 3 men and you could have a tag team fued with Taker/Kane whilst their leader goes into the main event. Given they have to go over Kane/Taker and that's essentially bigger than a title win I don't see the harm in them taking it all at once. Beyond that putting it on Bray would show him to be a massive threat where as it's an afterthought on Randy given he's proven he can do this already.
Luke and Eric are not draws. Bray is. He would have to be involved. Especially considering neither of them are that good.

And isn;t that what they tried to do with Shield....that is failing right now? If you have a strong 3 man group debut, you are going to break them up in their 2nd appearance?

I can't even comprehend what you're saying here. You're comparing months to years and saying a month of success is more memorable.
WWE doesn't book with years in mind and fans don't care. Having a strong month is much better than years of past wins. Ask Dolph Ziggler or Mark Henry. Bryan is way more over than Sheamus and arguably more over than Orton. He doesn't need the suitcase.

Yes it's meant to escalate someone to the main event, it's the fucking point of the match
Than Bryan doesn't need it

You've constantly failed to distinguish why Orton needs it over Bryan. Orton could get a title match at any point with no questions asked, this on the other hand kills Bryan's momentum.
orton doesn't need it.Neither does bryan. That's the point. Neither need it but you can make a lot more moves with the suitcase with Orton having the case than Bryan.

It stomps on his momentum in showing he can't win the big one. Once again what does Orton gain from this?
Ends a losing streak for one. That's one more than bryan right there

Orton can turn without the briefcase, I guess he was meant to turn already given how the commentators highlighted his heel tactics in the match where Bryan suffered a stinger, I'm willing to bet he'd be heel now if Bryan didn't get injured. If you give Orton the case you're stuck with the majority of the crowd not caring, you're stuck with having to do the same heel turn Punk did against Jeff.

When push comes to shove Cena/Orton is one of the most boring fueds they could come up with. Congrats if you're looking forward to that, but I think it's bullshit.
Yeah orton could turn heel anytime, but against who. Sheamus? Christian?

If you are going to turn him heel, turn him against Bryan, turn him against Cena, or don't turn him at all. If Randy lost this match he would be where Sheamus and Christian and Wade Barrett and a lot of people are in. Shuffling loses in and out of the midcard. With this you can keep him near the top for the immediate future without having to pull the trigger, much like they did with Ziggler.

antonz

Orton getting the briefcase probably kills Bryans main push. Even if Bryan somehow faces Cena and wins at SS that means Orton is right around the corner to take the title off him so Bryan will be just a short reign transitional champ at best.

I hope they bring the MITB match back to mania one day.

At least then it was used to elevate talent who were not on a level that could carry a match at WM yet and they took a chance on guys who have only been on TV a year or two.

Ever since it became a PPV its been used as a Royal Rumble substitute with 10 year vets winning it.

I really liked that old MITB idea of taking a random mid card guy and just tossing him into the title picture and see what happens.

antonz

I don't even understand when this happened. The ladder didn't seem to actually hit him, and he fell pretty cleanly as well. What went wrong?

It might have been that last hit with the ladder. Right after that when he went to the ropes his face was practically totally covered in blood. He updated showing 13 staples to close it up

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Here's my take from what I remember, I'm drunk as a mother fuck:

1st MitB match: Absolutely amazing, Sandow won and sets up a nice feud. Fantastic match.

Dvias match: shit, waste of time, both deserve better.

Del Rio vs Ziggler: OK match, Ziggler should have won, bad finish.

Jericho vs Ryback: Pretty decent, wish Y2J could have won, understand why he didn't, Y2K made Ryback look pretty good,

Miz vs Curtis: Pretty bad, Axel has potential and Miz sucked. Please god get rid of Miz,

Henry vs Cena: Shit match with a predictable outcome, Waste of time.

Second MitB match: Good match, overall pacing was nice, Orton winning was shit, he doesn't need it at all.

Aiii

So not worth it
I am quite amazed at the negative reactions here.

Well, no I'm not, but that's because I know you guys and you'll shit over everything if the right guy doesn't win at the end. But let me tell you why you are wrong.

First off, Sandow winning the Blue case is perfect. Why? Because Sandow is fucking awesome, that's why. He deserves a run with the belt. When the line-up was first anounced I picked him or Cesaro for the win, Sunflower thought I was crazy for thinking that, but good to see WWE having some sense.

Secondly, what the fuck is up with all you people raging about Orton winning that briefcase? For one, it does nothing to derail Daniel Bryan, because he was booked like a motherfucking beast last night. He destroyed everyone and had the briefcase won when they did the run-in. A run-in which was to set-up a CM Punk/Heyman angle, not a damn Bryan/Axel feud, are you guys bloody insane? This changes nothing for Bryan, at all. If they have him and Sheamus, Orton, Punk, whatever fight for a #1 contendership and Bryan wins clean he's gonna be just as well off going into SummerSlam against Cena, so ffs, relax, would you?
And what's up with the shitting all over Orton winning anyways? Last time Orton has even held a belt was the WHC back in summer 2011. He hasn't had the WWE title since fall of 2010. It's okay for him to win the briefcase and have a new WWE Title run after 3 years.

The ladder matches were great, Del Rio vs. Ziggler and Henry vs. Cena were very good,
the pre-show tag-team match, divas match and ic match were good. I skipped Ryback vs Y2J though, so I'll pass no judgement on that.

I give this PPV a 7.5 out of 10. It was fine. Stop shitting over PPVs just because your picks didn't win, what are you, five years old?

---

This is what I hear everytime The Bella's cut a promo or do commentary, so sounds about right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom