• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Files season 10 promo; the show will air on January 24th 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hyped as fuck! Just started re-watching it on Netflix or Stan or whatever it's on over here.

My first thought was "Why the fuck is Madonna in the X-files?" though. The wife corrected me and said "No Gillian Anderson looks like that now.".

No clue how anyone can only like the alien continuity episodes and not the motw episodes. The mythology needs breaks, and the characters need the motw to become more fleshed out. The show simply doesn't work without both.

And motw is a trend? Does 50+ years of episodic television count as a trend?

Kevin

No clue how anyone can only like the alien continuity episodes and not the motw episodes. The mythology needs breaks, and the characters need the motw to become more fleshed out. The show simply doesn't work without both.

And motw is a trend? Does 50+ years of episodic television count as a trend?

Exactly. I know so many people who complain when shows have MOTW episodes. I know so many people who dislike shows that don't have small bursts of episodes. I'm the complete opposite. My favorite shows all are the ones that have a TON of episodes.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I like both and agree motw help space out mytharc stuff. I'm, and I suspect others, just confused why bring it back if not to offer closure. The whole invasion thing is a pretty big plot thread. I didn't like how the last movie just kind of hand waved or ignored things.

Dartastic

I genuinely don't know which episodes to watch you get caught up properly. Is there kind of an abbreviated set of shows or anything that I can watch to get caught up? It's been too long since I've actually watch this.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I genuinely don't know which episodes to watch you get caught up properly. Is there kind of an abbreviated set of shows or anything that I can watch to get caught up? It's been too long since I've actually watch this.
Wikipedia has a list of mythology episodes. That's what I followed recently as I re-watched the show.

Truant

As someone who absolutely loves X-Files, but hates the mythology episodes, I don't know if I should be excited for this or not.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I don't give a fuck about continuity, the less the better since they already kinda screwed it up in the original show. I'll take some hints here and there but much prefer if it was a full reboot/sequel with a completely new direction, which it will probably be. Please be good, damn

Coins

Banned
I don't give a fuck about continuity, the less the better since they already kinda screwed it up in the original show. I'll take some hints here and there but much prefer if it was a full reboot/sequel with a completely new direction, which it will probably be. Please be good, damn

It's not a reboot. They came to Chris Carter and asked him if he could tie up the loose ends with an abbreviated season. He said yes and here we are.

inm8num2

xfiles.jpg

Korosenai

If I've never watched xfiles before, where should I start watching it (or what should I watch) to prepare myself for this season?

Kevin

If I've never watched xfiles before, where should I start watching it (or what should I watch) to prepare myself for this season?

Watch EVERYTHING!!!

Seriously the show is amazing. I am super hyped and already have the series preordered on Blu-Ray.

Dead

well not really...yet
Seconding watching all of it.

I just started a new rewatch on Netflix now that it's in HD, and the show looks amazing.

Meciu

After all these years it's coming back! I guess it's time to rewatch some mainline story episodes from last few seasons.

I hope the series is based around random tales of weird shit as opposed to Mulder and him losing his mind. I really hated those sorts of episodes involving Mulder's history. Just give me tales of weird creepy shit like a good detective/murder mystery.

liquidtmd

Banned

I want to be hyped and I know nothing of the context but if
the actual character is back in present day doing shit, I'm gonna be pissed.

He took several missiles to the face

Whilst in a wheelchair

Dying of cancer

That said, I also don't want him to be a shape-shifter

I just saw the promo for the first time while watching TV. I didn't even know it was out, and got goosebumps while watching it. Now, I'm giddy, and this never happens.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any recap video of the entire series? It's been quite a while since I saw it and I can't remember much what happened.

Real Hero

Is there any recap video of the entire series? It's been quite a while since I saw it and I can't remember much what happened.

I don't think the writers knew what happened towards the end. You can probably just watch the last episode for a plot summary as that's all the last episode is.

GRW810

Surprisingly it's getting broadcast in the UK on channel 5, hopefully they'll have some common sense and broadcast quickly after America but I doubt it

http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin...t-to-air-in-the-uk-on-channel-5-a3134511.html
This has been worrying me ever since they announced it. Had the show gone to Sky One, Fox UK, Channel 4 or even Netflix or Amazon Prime you could almost guarantee next-day airings. Channel 5? Could be anything. Wouldn't surprise me if they left it three months to broadcast the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom