• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men ‘97 | Official Trailer

Toons

Have you watched the video? The ass was merely a footnote. They're overall pretty positive but do remark they're burning through a lot of source material and that we may end up with another season 8 GOT when it comes to quality fall off compared to the first season.

No, I know nerdrotic and find almost everything he says to be either disingenuous or nonsensical so I avoid his content.

Im moreso commenting on the baity thumbnail.

As for the pace, I mean they COULD have dragged this out another 10 episodes but clesrly they didn't need to. And if they did a lot of folks would probably say they stretch it out too long.

The approach to getting the hits in but keeping the meat that actually sells the stuff is novel but it seemed to have worked here.

If the quality falls off its gonna be their fault for firing this writer who clearly knew what he was doing. But the details on why he was canned haven't been confirmed so maybe he deserved it.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
No, I know nerdrotic and find almost everything he says to be either disingenuous or nonsensical so I avoid his content.

Im moreso commenting on the baity thumbnail.

As for the pace, I mean they COULD have dragged this out another 10 episodes but clesrly they didn't need to. And if they did a lot of folks would probably say they stretch it out too long.

The approach to getting the hits in but keeping the meat that actually sells the stuff is novel but it seemed to have worked here.

If the quality falls off its gonna be their fault for firing this writer who clearly knew what he was doing. But the details on why he was canned haven't been confirmed so maybe he deserved it.
Already drama behind the scenes?
This never looked interesting to me. I say that as someone who watched the original at 4pm, after school, every weekday.

Toons

Already drama behind the scenes?
This never looked interesting to me. I say that as someone who watched the original at 4pm, after school, every weekday.

I mean this was made over a year ago. Could be drama could be something else. But what I CAN see is the show is good and hes a good writer for these characters, understands and clesrly loves these characters.

I mean I wasn't initially super hyped for it has I haven't watched the original in like 2 decades.

Haven't seen it however im confident to say this is maybe my favorite adaption of the x men outside of the comics... ever. Makes most of the live action movies look like a joke and competes with the ones that were good.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I mean this was made over a year ago. Could be drama could be something else. But what I CAN see is the show is good and hes a good writer for these characters, understands and clesrly loves these characters.

I mean I wasn't initially super hyped for it has I haven't watched the original in like 2 decades.

Haven't seen it however im confident to say this is maybe my favorite adaption of the x men outside of the comics... ever. Makes most of the live action movies look like a joke and competes with the ones that were good.
I'll be honest, I appreciate how you elaborated in your post. You're selling me more on the show than the trailer did, lol.

Top Bottom