• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 Oblivion CE $69.99

uncdeez

The Morrowind Collector's Edition had an art book, a figurine, the soundtrack, and something else I think. All that came in a pretty big box IIRC, so I don't think they'll put that much into the Oblivion X360 Collector's Edition.

GhaleonEB

I love how every time a deluxe set gets released somewhere like Europe or Japan we drool over it, but when stuff like that hits here, we scream it's too much.

Assuming the contents kick booty, that is. If it's just an extra disc and case, then forget it. Give me a making-of DVD, an art book, poster and cloth map in a collectors box, the sold.

IJoel

I guess it'd be fairly easy for them to have ports of Arena and Daggerfall included as well as a soundtrack.

Mrbob

GSC_MG_Oh_My_God.sized.jpg

Vieo

IJoel said:
I guess it'd be fairly easy for them to have ports of Arena and Daggerfall included as well as a soundtrack.

I heard Daggerfall's source code was lost(don't know if true). However, even if the game ran through some sort of emulator, it would be even more bug ridden than the original game. =(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Well, no collectors\limited\special editions for me next gen.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
i wonder what is in it. If it is like what used to be in the Ultimas with the maps and shit like that, it'd be worth it. Just hope it's worth it, because I'm a fan of special edition games

Amir0x

Banned
Almost up to 80 dollars a game! One more gen and the balance will be reset, games back to cartridge levels and all to the worlds ending.

Mrbob

Amir0x said:
Almost up to 80 dollars a game! One more gen and the balance will be reset, games back to cartridge levels and all to the worlds ending.

Don't you worry. Next next gen 100 dollar games will help expand the games industry!

Amir0x

Banned
Mrbob said:
Don't you worry. Next next gen 100 dollar games will help expand the games industry!

From that point on, I will expect at least a 300 hour gameplay minimum from all non-bargain bin purchases.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
morrowind is my favorite rpg ever, and i'm really excited about oblivion, but i'm not paying $70 for it. anyway, i'm sure the extra stuff will be stupid rpg crap like a CLOTH MAP and an ENGRAVED MEDALLION and a MOLDED PLASTIC REPLICA OF SOME MAGICAL THINGUM THAT PLAYS SOME CRITICAL PART IN THE GAME, the likes of which i promptly throw away when they come with a wd game.

Triumph

Banned
You know, there's a great picture(the first actually) when one does a google image search for "gouge". If I posted it I'm pretty sure I'd get banned, tho. :/

PC Version: $49.99
360 Version SE: $59.99
360 Version CE: $69.99

"When people ask us whether or not to do a major PC upgrade or get the console version of one of our games, we always recommend the console version"

GhaleonEB

sonycowboy said:
PC Version: $49.99
360 Version CE: $69.99

"When people ask us whether or not to do a major PC upgrade or get the console version of one of our games, we always recommend the console version"

I can't believe you changed your avatar. I'm having seizure with that thing in every damn thread. :lol

trmas

Banned
This ought to be fun to watch. That price is absolutely insane, but I'm certain the MS apologists will come up with some excuse.

Seth C

trmas said:
This ought to be fun to watch. That price is absolutely insane, but I'm certain the MS apologists will come up with some excuse.

It really just depends what the thing comes with. It is either worth it, or it's a ripoff. It has nothing to do with MS, Sony, or otherwise. Stop trolling.

trmas said:
Oh shut the fuck up already. It's an optional deluxe edition of a sequel to a well-loved series. Really, just shut the fuck up.

IJoel

trmas said:
It isn't trolling. That price is crazy, and it means the regular will be $60 most likely.

And that's a price set by 3rd party publishers, not MS. As a matter of fact, MS published games will be $49.99 (obviously with the exception of CE/LE.)

trmas

Banned
That's good and great, but the only games that look good so far are third party (GoW, GRAW). The sad thing is that I'm sure the PS3 will be the exact same way.

But it's good for the industry... [/end sarcasm]

IJoel

trmas said:
That's good and great, but the only games that look good so far are third party (GoW, GRAW). The sad thing is that I'm sure the PS3 will be the exact same way.

GoW will be published by MS.

newsguy

trmas said:

PGR3 FTW biznatch

Mrbob

IJoel said:
And that's a price set by 3rd party publishers, not MS. As a matter of fact, MS published games will be $49.99 (obviously with the exception of CE/LE.)

I think publishers are pushing things too far. They should stick with 50 dollar regular games and 60 dollar for the special edition.

To be honest, for 70 bucks, I hope this thing bombas. In fact, I hope all Xbox 360 60 dollar games underperform too. Even though I'll probably buy a couple. Just so that publishers realize they can't gouge us.

GoW will be published by MS.

Mark Rein says games shouldn't go above 50 dollars. MS is selling their launch games at 50. Gears of War better be $49.99.

IJoel

Mrbob said:
I think publishers are pushing things too far. They should stick with 50 dollar regular games and 60 dollar for the special edition.

To be honest, for 70 bucks, I hope this thing bombas. In fact, I hope all Xbox 360 60 dollar games underperform too. Even though I'll probably buy a couple. Just so that publishers realize they can't gouge us.

Mark Rein says games shouldn't go above 50 dollars. MS is selling their launch games at 50. Gears of War better be $49.99.

Oh, I agree. I am merely pointing out that M$ AM NOT TEH 3v1L.

blackadde

Brannon

My excitement level was infinte right up until I saw the price for the X360 version. So while I was going to buy the game on day one (no I'm not wierd shut up) and wait for the X360 to stabilize in terms of manufacturing and/or price, now there's no reason to even buy the game until it goes down to a normal price.

The waiting shall continue until morale improves...

DJ Brannon said:
My excitement level was infinte right up until I saw the price for the X360 version. So while I was going to buy the game on day one (no I'm not wierd shut up) and wait for the X360 to stabilize in terms of manufacturing and/or price, now there's no reason to even buy the game until it goes down to a normal price.

The waiting shall continue until morale improves...

So a $49.99 price would've been acceptable? That's a ten dollar difference and it won't be released for another couple of months. You couldn't somehow save 10 freakin' bucks over that time? Skip a lunch. Problem solved.

Top Bottom