• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Ape

Banned
All this talk about gwg so I decided to boot up castlestorm. played for 30 mins, mostly forcing myself to. now it's in my "ready to install" graveyard.

im_dany

So since the other thread kinda died, what USB HDD should I pick up for my 360?

I bought a Toshiba STOR.E 1 TB drive and it's working great. I'm currently using the new external drive for downloaded games/DLCs and the 120GB internal one for disc installs and updates.

Could've? Does the deal change tomorrow or something?

I'm not sure, but my promotional balances are expiring and I have to buy something before it expires. Yesterday, me and my brother were searching for games since I have $9.51 left on my xbox account. He checked soul calibur 2, though it's $19.99, if you are a gold member then you can get it for that price.

I'm not sure, but my promotional balances are expiring and I have to buy something before it expires. Yesterday, me and my brother were searching for games since I have $9.51 left on my xbox account. He checked soul calibur 2, though it's $19.99, if you are a gold member then you can get it for that price.
Gotcha. Do trials not work for the deals?

SURGEdude

Because Knack is not on X1 ??

That's no excuse! The masses demand the game of the generation for free even if MS has to send in ninjas to steal the source code. Sony simply doesn't have a right to hog that gem forever. Maybe they can grab Killzone too while they're at it.

Akai__

I care way more about the Xbox 360 titles, than the Xbox One titles to be honest. It will probably take a while, until we get really good titles with Xbox One GWG.

Anyways, I'm interested in the next month. Maybe they have some really good GWG for E3, who knows.

Ape

Banned
I care way more about the Xbox 360 titles, than the Xbox One titles to be honest. It will probably take a while, until we get really good titles with Xbox One GWG.

Anyways, I'm interested in the next month. Maybe they have some really good GWG for E3, who knows.

hope so. expecting jet car stuns just to be safe.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Nope, they had nothing during 1 year Xbox One launch, or during Xbox Anniversary.

So I am not even expecting a special treatment for E3 month.

Genio88

As always i hope in good Games with gold for this month, but actually i think i'm not gonna be able to play them this month among The Witcher 3(PC), Life is Strange EP3(XB1), and Batman Arkham Knight(PC)

You mean the rumor that rises every month since the beginning of GwG :D

But I expect an E3 annoucement of some AAA GwG games.

There was a site claiming it would be Ryse and Forza 5, but I can't seem to remember the name...

Ah well, it was probably bogus to try and get some free hits.

im_dany

RDR would be nice to revive its multiplayer, especially if they actually end up announcing Red Dead 3 at E3.
There's a lot of good (but almost desert) mp titles on 360: Halo Wars, Forza Motorsport 4, Forza Horizon, Max Payne 3, COD2, Left4Dead 2.

My Internet was down this morning so obviously couldn't connect to Live. I went to load up Darksiders 2 but it told me I had to insert disc or repurchase from the marketplace? How long has this bullshit been going on? I can't play games offline now?

jesu

My Internet was down this morning so obviously couldn't connect to Live. I went to load up Darksiders 2 but it told me I had to insert disc or repurchase from the marketplace? How long has this bullshit been going on? I can't play games offline now?

Something to do with licenses.
You must have bought it on another Xbox.
Transfer the license and you can play it offline.

narton

So I'm thinking about getting Ground Zeroes since it's half off. Would I still be able to get the voucher that came with it?

Kayant

Huh, this is the site I was thinking about...

http://www.christiantoday.com/artic...s.aaa.titles.to.commemorate.e3.2015/54361.htm

Seems a number of sites are reporting the same thing. Probably trying to drive traffic.

That site is the same as kdramastars as in they post nothing but fake rumours etc.

It was in my post on the last page.

You should look at their sources because that is not a rumour. Latino post took other sites hopes/expection and made it into a "rumour".

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Huh, this is the site I was thinking about...

http://www.christiantoday.com/artic...s.aaa.titles.to.commemorate.e3.2015/54361.htm

Seems a number of sites are reporting the same thing. Probably trying to drive traffic.

Most likely. I think it keeps being rumoured because it's so insane it hasn't come yet.

- 1st party title
- Graphics showcase
- Multiplayer
- DLC
- Microtransactions
- No one buys it anymore

It's the very definition of a perfect GwG game.

Most likely. I think it keeps being rumoured because it's so insane it hasn't come yet.

- 1st party title
- Graphics showcase
- Multiplayer
- DLC
- Microtransactions
- No one buys it anymore

It's the very definition of a perfect GwG game.

That would be true if Microsoft were regularly putting that sort of premium AAA title on GwG, apart from Rayman (which sold at a lower price, iirc) they haven't done that at all. The last game we got was worth $15, some months have been as low as $10 too? I do not think as yet we are close to getting that sort of title, although E3 could change that.

Massive Chalice stuff seems legit, I wouldn't expect them to dabble into bigger titles until later in the year at the earliest.

I don't think MS care all that much about GwG either, but we will see

Podcast Unlocked (Ign podcast) were hinting at the May GWG, and said people will be very happy with it.

They didnt call out specifically what it was (or which console), but their hype for a freebie seemed legit.

Top Bottom