• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Massive Chalice? Hell yeah.

The 360 games, eh. Already got all that SE stuff free via PS+ ages ago.

Pool Nation... what a load of shit. That game is still a broken mess.
I get the feeling we are beta testing for the PS4 version of Pool Nation. That's why it's "free."

ironcreed

Banned
Bleh for me. I own JC2 and Thief and don't care for the rest. You would think that they would be pushing hard for E3 month, but I guess not.

Chris1

Possibly Just cause 2 maybe in anticipation for 3?
lol, I called TR the month it was free aswell.... I'm getting pretty good at this.
Yes I know I post half the 360 library, don't take away my moment :(

360 games are pretty good as expected, massive chalice doesn't interest me.

Edit: Pool Nation for a 3rd month in a row? Ugh, they could have at least repeated Max or something since a lot of people probably missed that and it was one of the better GWG's.

Arkhanor

Just Cause 2 is awesome (been playing it on PC) and I'll finally gonna check out the Thief reboot that many people say it sucks.

lol, I called TR the month it was free aswell.... I'm getting pretty good at this.
Yes I know I post half the 360 library, don't take away my moment :(

360 games are pretty good as expected, massive chalice doesn't interest me.

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition could possibly be August but that's wishful thinking. (I already own the game so I don't really care.)

I was hoping for Ryse or Dead Rising 3, something...

Chris1

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition could possibly be August but that's wishful thinking. (I already own the game so I don't really care.)

I was hoping for Ryse or Dead Rising 3, something...

Nah TR DE won't go free on the Xbone for a while I bet. It already went free on the 360 2 months ago, and I'm confident we'll see a TR+RoTR double bundle this holiday and they won't want to devalue that.

Nah TR DE won't go free on the Xbone for a while I bet. It already went free on the 360 2 months ago, and I'm confident we'll see a TR+RoTR double bundle this holiday and they won't want to devalue that.

Yeah that's gonna happen. It probably includes Halo 5 + RotTR physically and TR:DE digitally.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I know nothing about Massive Chalice, but gamers seem very divided on it.

Happy to be getting Just Cause 2, and even Thief. They really need to switch to two free X1 gamers per month.

Bundling DE with a new console though has very little effect on current owners, which is why I think we will see it before RotTR launches

Chris1

Bundling DE with a new console though has very little effect on current owners, which is why I think we will see it before RotTR launches
Don't forget you can purchase games directly from your 360 now, people will do that then people will just view the TR bundle as 1 game instead of 2 and it'll hurt the value of it. I guess that it'll just depend on how many non xbox one owners are purchasing the xbox one games through the web/360 though.

Don't forget you can purchase games directly from your 360 now, people will do that then people will just view the TR bundle as 1 game instead of 2 and it'll hurt the value of it. I guess that it'll just depend on how many non xbox one owners are purchasing the xbox one games through the web/360 though.

What difference does it make? If people have gold on 360, they already got Tomb Raider on GwG, its the same game the hurt value scenario already exists if they put DE in it at all. They will buy those bundles if they want Rise of the Tomb Raider not because they are desperate to get DE

Putting TR DE on GwG would be for the current user base to get them interested/ready for Microsofts money hat exclusive this holiday. People can just sell the TR DE code if they're that upset or buy a different bundle

Chris1

What difference does it make? If people have gold on 360, they already got Tomb Raider on GwG, its the same game the hurt value scenario already exists if they put DE in it at all. They will buy those bundles if they want Rise of the Tomb Raider not because they are desperate to get DE
Yeah they're the same game pretty much but if they give away DE with X1GWG then people will only view the bundle as 1 game because they already have DE to play on their xbox one, whereas if they don't make it free with gold then they'll be getting 2 "new" games to play on their xbox one, even though one of them they have on the 360.

Maybe you're right and they do make DE free with gold in the coming months, but I personally don't see it happening. It's possible I just have a messed up way of looking at it but I think it'd hurt the value of the bundle a bit and for that reason, I don't see it being made free with gold.

Jarlaxle

I'll definitely be giving Massive Chalice a shot. I love turn based strategy games and wish more would come to the consoles. I'd kill for the new Heroes game to be on XB1. Hell, I'd probably flip out if they could even bring over some of the old ones like Heroes III.

Excited to try Massive Chalice. I like that it's a game no one has bought before - means everyone has the chance to benefit.

If it had been Ryse how many people have already played/owned that and get nothing?

Don't see why Pool Nation is a cause of such anguish - makes no difference to me whether they roll over Pool Nation of CastleStorm, it's still a re-run? It's almost always one new, one re-run.

As for PS+, I haven't even bothered with the last couple of months' titles, even for free.

mike4001_

What's the question mark in the image on Major Nelson's Twitter?

xbox.jpg

The demo of Thief on the Xbox One was absolutely terrible. Dread to think what the game is like on the 360. Why not just be nice and give it out on both systems this month instead of Pool Nation?

Massive Chalice looks decent and I never got round to playing Just Cause 2, so I'm happy with those choices.

I don't think I've been excited about a GwG game since Volgarr the Viking. :(

I don't even have PS+ (only sign up monthly when there is PS4 exclusives I'm interested in) but I can still see they don't get it right every month either but at least they offer many options there is more chance you'll find something you're sorta interested in or haven't played yet. GwG has just been terrible for me, for many many months.

At best the highest praise I could give it is "Well its better than getting the nothing like we did for years?"

Top Bottom