• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Chris1

i've passed on Costume Quest 2 a bunch of times so that's a great get for me.

not buying double fine games continues to pay off

At this rate people should probably start avoiding Codemasters games aswell.

F1 2013, Dirt 3, Dirt Showdown, GRID 2, Operation Flashpoint DR all in the last few months :p

JonnyKong

I really enjoyed Costume Quest 2. It's also probably one of the easiest games I've ever played.

I have absolutely no idea what Defense Grid is, never even heard of it until today.

Azzawon

Some good games in there. GRID 2 is a decent game, but it's not exactly what I'd call a good Codemasters game. Looking forward to DG2 as I really enjoyed the first one, always wanted to grab CQ2 as well.

I can imagine (hope) they're planning something great for June with E3.

Chris1

To go from the Wolf Among Us and Sunset Overdrive to that ..... eeesh.

I think most peoples subscriptions are up in April because if you look at the past few April's they've always been pretty big months. So they make April big months so people resubscribe again

2016:
Sunset, TWAU, Dead Space, SR4

2015:
Pool nation FX(GOAT game), Child of Light, Gears Judgment, Terraria, AC Black Flag, Army of Two TDC

2014:
Hitman Absolution
Deadlight

Just a theory but typically April has always been a really good month for GWG.

I absolutely love TD games and loved DG1.

I do not think DG2 is good at all. There are multiple TDs that are much better on Xbox One. DG2 is so easy it's boring. Even on hard once you get some upgrades. It's just not very fun.

Also, anyone think Sunset Overdrive 2 might happen? I thought the main creative director behind the first one left insomniac but their twitter retweeted a sequel begging tweet this morning :eek:

I'd gladly welcome it, but hope it can hit 60 FPS. The first game is built well around it's 30 FPS cap, but there's no denying that smoothness.

Yikes, Peggle is the most exciting thing there for me, a game I've played a million times over already on DS and have the sequel on Xbox One.

But that's the most exciting thing still, shows how exciting the month is for me. :p

Strider where are yoooooou! :'(

Flux

Personally had a good little run of not owning any prior GWG. Now I have 3/4 already and that stings a little extra since I haven't touched costume quest or the racing game.

jelly

Microsoft know how to work people, probably got a good subscriber boost over the last month or two so don't have to nail it every month, just every now and again to get subscribers to continue or sign up.

Can't please everyone of course and BC ties their hands on 360 offerings.

RdN

Tough month.. They should have split the game's from April and may, so we have at least a interesting title each month.

Microsoft know how to work people, probably got a good subscriber boost over the last month or two so don't have to nail it every month, just every now and again to get subscribers to continue or sign up.

Can't please everyone of course and BC ties their hands on 360 offerings.

As a Gold subscriber who only has a 360, this annoys me no end. Not that the free games have been bad the last few months, but that they've restricted themselves to games they can get working with BC. Definitely limits their options, and that affects me and anyone else still on last gen.

Chris1

Migrate your account to Japan I suppose. You are limited and can't change it again for a few months?

You can just set your region to Japan in the bottom left of the store page (click your region to change it) and do it easily without waiting months or migrating accounts or any of that nonsense. It's showing up as 0 Yen for me.

Is Defence Grid 2 hard?

I'm mostly just interested in Costume Quest 2, since I beat GRID 2 and don't care about the other 360 game. I was kind of disappointed to see the list, though, because I'm not much of a tower defence or RTS guy, and I just bought Costume Quest 2 in the Steam sale.

Xbudz

You can just set your region to Japan in the bottom left of the store page (click your region to change it) and do it easily without waiting months or migrating accounts or any of that nonsense. It's showing up as 0 Yen for me.

thanks. that worked.

You are the man. I wish I had known about this before. I wonder how many games I missed out on.

Chris1

You are the man. I wish I had known about this before. I wonder how many games I missed out on.

Not many. Japan gets Max TCOB almost every single month. If you thought Pool Nation was bad 3 months in a row... try living in Japan :p

IIRC the only games they've got was Powerstar Golf before it went F2P, Max TCOB which was GWG for everyone first month, Lococycle and now Kalimba. So if you've been getting GWG every month, you've only really missed out on Lococycle which is probably for the best anyways.

It's kinda sad how they shut down Press Play, yet use their games to pad out their Japan GWG.

RPS37

Played Grid 2 for like 1 minute before I realized I can't play racing games that aren't Mario kart-level easy anymore.

I keep getting this message ("Sorry, something went wrong. This isn't available for your region, or the file is corrupted, or we don't recognize the format. Find more info by looking up status code 80150017 at www.xbox.com/errorhelp") when trying to download Grid 2 on my UK 360. Anyone else got that issue?

Edit: Getting an error when trying to "Purchase" on Xbox.com as well. Huh.

im_dany

I keep getting this message ("Sorry, something went wrong. This isn't available for your region, or the file is corrupted, or we don't recognize the format. Find more info by looking up status code 80150017 at www.xbox.com/errorhelp") when trying to download Grid 2 on my UK 360. Anyone else got that issue?

Edit: Getting an error when trying to "Purchase" on Xbox.com as well. Huh.

Are you in the UK? Is your account region UK?

X360 used to have both account region checks and IP checks on region-locked content.

UK 360 owner since launch, had this particular console since December 2008. 8 years of Gold subscriptions. Never lived outside the country, never had a problem grabbing Games with Gold before. It's a bit weird. I did install a new (second hand) 250gb hard drive last week, so I thought it might be to do with that, but if it's not working on Xbox.com either then i'm all out of ideas.

Chris1

I had a similar message said couldn't be purchased at this time and Google said it was region related. After a few tries it went through, never had any problems getting the games with gold before either.

Your message is different but it does seem like there's issues getting the game. UK here too.

Top Bottom