• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Ashtar

I've never gotten a 360
Game through the xbone store even though it displays payment info it's still free? (Referring to dead space 1)

see5harp

Well that gives me pause. As someone who missed the majority of last gen (only got a 360 at the end of 2011) GwG has been great to experience a lot of the stuff I missed, for better or ill depending on how the game has aged.

Just started playing Assassin's Creed II since it landed on BC after being on GwG for a while, and I've been pleasantly surprised that its gameplay works well; really the biggest indicator of its age are some really gnarly facial animation and grass that disappears ten feet from your character out in the open.

Honestly the gameplay is super solid considering that nearly every situation can be handled stealth or full combat. The only thing that is weird is the default controls, but I'm sure there are alternative schemes if that's you main beef.

Monocle

I've never gotten a 360
Game through the xbone store even though it displays payment info it's still free? (Referring to dead space 1)
It should indicate that you're paying nothing. I always "buy" the free 360 games through the online store (on my PC or phone) because it's faster to look up titles and verify that the GwG discount is active.

JRW

Played through Dead Space on Xbox 360 and again on PC a couple years later (went with harder difficulty 2nd time around), Fantastic game not to be missed IMO.

EDIT: Fired it up on XB1 last night, played through first 2 chapters, Runs great no issues.

Having a hard time playing through Deux Ex:HR on GWG. It runs great on Xbox One but feels really dated in terms of stealth and combat mechanics. Not sure if I can slog through it for much longer.
I played through the game on Xbox One as well. I thought it held up extremely well. Performance was great too.

Flux

Played through Dead Space on Xbox 360 and again on PC a couple years later (went with harder difficulty 2nd time around), Fantastic game not to be missed IMO.

EDIT: Fired it up on XB1 last night, played through first 2 chapters, Runs great no issues.

Thank you. I can now play it the way it was meant to since my Xbox One is set up in my basement. (Darkness)

Zedox

I already have it in my library from a free weekend they did a year or so ago.. Any one know if I go ahead and re-download it if I'll be able to play as soon as it's active for GWG?

I believe you will. I uninstalled mine when I was doing cleaning. I should check again to see if I can dload it.

SuperHot is launching May 3rd, so I'd say that's out of the running.

On the 360 side, hoping for either XCOM Enemy Unknown or Enemy Within. I already have them, but I want them BC.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Splinter Cell Conviction/Blacklist would be nice. I really hope Halo 3 will go for GwG because I sold my MCC and I don't really want to get it again just for Halo 3 if they have it as a remaster in 2017.

speedomodel

Shit, forgot we were getting close to get months announcement.

Hopefully they keep the momentum going from this month, which was the best by far I'd say.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Splinter Cell Conviction/Blacklist would be nice. I really hope Halo 3 will go for GwG because I sold my MCC and I don't really want to get it again just for Halo 3 if they have it as a remaster in 2017.
Halo 3 was already GWG back in October 2013.

SuperHot is launching May 3rd, so I'd say that's out of the running.

On the 360 side, hoping for either XCOM Enemy Unknown or Enemy Within. I already have them, but I want them BC.

How was XCOM on the 360? I played through it on the PS3 and the port was super buggy--if the Xbox had the same issues I can't see it transitioning well through backwards compatibility.

tokra2005

Neo Member
Anyone have problem with saint row ??? Everytime i play the game about 1h after the game completely freeze.

I play the game for the first time i really enjoy it but everytime that happen i just want to throw my controller lolol

Vinc

I really wish they'd put Fable Anniversary up for GwG. I'd love to check it out... but I guess it may not be the greatest move after closing Lionhead?

Figments

Anyone have problem with saint row ??? Everytime i play the game about 1h after the game completely freeze.

I play the game for the first time i really enjoy it but everytime that happen i just want to throw my controller lolol

I haven't had any issues with it so far, other than the usual shitty 360 performance because oh God was it bad on the old console.

Why oh why haven't they fuckin' implemented emulation settings so I can turn V-SYNC off.

Bizzquik

I'm hoping for:

AC Unity
Oxenfree
Arkham Origins (360)
Splinter Cell Blacklist (360)

Great list. And entirely possible.
(Ubisoft has embraced backward compatibility, and Warner Bros may want to whet the appetite of gamers for an Arkham Asylum/City remaster - which apparently won't include Origins.)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Great list. And entirely possible.
(Ubisoft has embraced backward compatibility, and Warner Bros may want to whet the appetite of gamers for an Arkham Asylum/City remaster - which apparently won't include Origins.)
Origins isn't possible at the moment.

Edit: Beaten

We're at the point in the Xbone's lifespan that there's now a plethora of games to pick from, and that's a good thing. Seems like it would be weird if they'd go from Sunset Overdrive to Ryse or any other closer to launch title, though.

Theorry

Blacklist would be great. Game came abit at the end of last gen. And at that moment i was only intrested in the new consoles. Didnt want to buy a last gen game before the new consoles came.

Coooooome on Strider! For some dumb reason the 360 one is on special but the Xbox One one isn't!

I'm guessing one of the 360 games will be something that has had a new re-release for this current gen, have we run out of those yet (lol)?

ironcreed

Banned

Dead Space stands the test of time and kicks the shit out of Resident Evil. A brilliant game.

Top Bottom