• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Any clue on what should be the july games?

The usual websites that are publishing rumors are mentioning some games as "candidates", like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse (one day, maybe, they will finally will be right about this, becasuse every month they use these games as part of rumors).

But, I saw one that s mentioning Halo Wars, wich makes some sense, but also mentioning L.A. Noire and Final Fantasy XIII, both multi disc games.

We know that there is no multi disc games on the backwards compatibility yet.

So, what do you guys think?

Chris1

Any clue on what should be the july games?

The usual websites that are publishing rumors are mentioning some games as "candidates", like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse (one day, maybe, they will finally will be right about this, becasuse every month they use these games as part of rumors).

But, I saw one that s mentioning Halo Wars, wich makes some sense, but also mentioning L.A. Noire and Final Fantasy XIII, both multi disc games.

We know that there is no multi disc games on the backwards compatibility yet.

So, what do you guys think?

We might hear about it in 30 minutes, it's usually Thursdays @ 4 GMT ish.

Multi disc games work btw. Deus Ex is multi disc. They got it working a few weeks ago.

I can't think of any, though.
I really want to buy Mass Effect 2 and 3, but, they don't work yet. I always thought this has something to do with the fact that they are multi disc games. :/

Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut was the first, it only happened about a month ago.

I'd be happy with Kingdoms of Amalur being BC, I already own the game :( Everyone being able to play the best Fable game ;) everyone skipped would be an added bonus though!

Montresor

You guys are right. Those XB1 choices are too new... I'll change it to:

Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition
Gemini Heroes Reborn
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Splinter Cell Blacklist

flkraven

You misspelled Sunset Overdrive.

I bought the white console which included Sunset. Best game of the generation. Always forget it was GwG since I bought it and all the dlc :p.

Well, The Crew is the best multiplayer focused GwG giveaway this gen :p

Haha. Yeah. But The Crew is a cool game that got dogged when it was released.

Definitely a great addition to GwG because people get to check it out and see it's a lot of fun.

speedomodel

Damn, June flew by. We should be hearing July soon!

Hoping for:
Don't Starve
Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders

Forza Horizon
Far Cry 2

Having played the Crew, and enjoying it, should I get Forza Horizon 2? I've never been a car game guy, but this open world bit was pretty fun.

Chris1

My Prediction...
Dishonoured or Titanfall
Contrast

Mass Effect 3
Injustice

Having played the Crew, and enjoying it, should I get Forza Horizon 2? I've never been a car game guy, but this open world bit was pretty fun.

Forza Horizon 2 is far superior.
Those are some realistic expectations if I've ever seen them.
Where's the fun in realistic expectations? :p Give me Overwatch or nothing, Microsoft!

Chris1

Same think we are sadly due for one. I see Stick of Truth being a game with gold sometime soon. I can see that easily being the game for November or December.

Don't you get it free with TFBW?

Idk, these next couple months have a lot of sequels coming out that's predecessors haven't been GWG yet. Titanfall, Dishonoured, Watch dogs, Gears UE, BF4, DR3.

Titanfall and BF4 are iffy because of EA Access and they're shooters, can't release them too close to sequels but I could definitely see the rest.

flkraven

Damn. The crew is shit.
Handling model is very weird.

Back to FH2

There are some handling options you can tweak to make it feel a bit better, but keep in mind that The Crew is more like an Mmo than a racing game. As you level up and get better "gear" your handling, speed, etc improves. It's incredible with friends.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I have high hopes for the July games. I would think that after PSN gave away NBA2k16 that the pressure is on Microsoft to match that level of quality.

Top Bottom