• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

I came close to buying this game for the ds and xbla. I haven't played either of September's games, this is a pleasent surprise.

It's weird how many people are posting "cool! I love Capybara" in this thread despite having not actually played CoH, which is by far and away their best game. The rest of their catalogue is good but it's a pretty huge step below this.

jem0208

It's weird how many people are posting "cool! I love Capybara" in this thread despite having not actually played CoH, which is by far and away their best game. The rest of their catalogue is good but it's a pretty huge step below this.

Well, I'm glad this is the free game then :D

Got a real random question and I don't know where else to ask it. I need just one month of xbox live gold access. I don't want to buy 3 months because I've got a PS4 coming in 45 days. I just need a month. Is there a way to do this (without putting my credit card info onto the xbox)?

In other words I'd just like to buy a code online for a month, or buy points online that I could spend for a month's access. Is this possible?

Overdoziz

Banned
No one plays those map packs other than heroic. They're dirt cheap now, I assume, so it's there.
The thing aside from one or two playlists everything requires DLC.
Also, the map packs combined will still cost you around $17 which is more than Halo 3 on its own on GonD.

The thing aside from one or two playlists everything requires DLC.
Also, the map packs combined will still cost you around $17 which is more than Halo 3 on its own on GonD.

Yeah releasing Halo 3 without giving the maps away is basically screwing people over, the games hardly going to get a good rep if most people cant access most of the content. I really do think ODST would have been a better package to give away.

Hopefully the reason Halo 3 took so long to become free is because 343 asked for some time to do playlist management, I really hope that in the next few bulletins 343 talks about a Halo 3 playlist update.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah releasing Halo 3 without giving the maps away is basically screwing people over, the games hardly going to get a good rep if most people cant access most of the content. I really do think ODST would have been a better package to give away.

Hopefully the reason Halo 3 took so long to become free is because 343 asked for some time to do playlist management, I really hope that in the next few bulletins 343 talks about a Halo 3 playlist update.
I don't think the multiplayer disc is on GonD, though. They could just make the maps packs free in the store, but hey we're talking Microsoft here.

Good that they are finally getting Halo 3 out of the way, that leaves two months to show how much future potential this service has.

I doubt they'll bother, but let's see...

Nice, seems like an improvement over September. Glad Halo 3 will finally be out. They should make all the DLC free, The Heroic map pack and Cold Storage are already free, and The Legendary Map pack is something like 1-2 dollars. I want Halo 3 to have a live community again.

Alx

I downloaded Clash of Heroes and it was as entertaining as I remembered from the demo (I went to bed at 3 AM because of that), but damn the loading times are killing a part of the fun of the game.
I don't usually criticize too much the technical part of games I appreciate, but I can't even understand why each stage takes so long to load, considering it's just a high res background, some sprites, and nothing else.

Uggh. Am I missing something or are they requiring a credit card now? I'm not comfortable giving them that info again.

I didn't get last months games because I already owned both of them, so the last Game with Gold I got was still when I had some MS Points, and it allowed me to change the payment option.

Also, I still have a buck or two in my 'wallet', why won't it let me choose that?

<EDIT>I see that this might be an issue with trying to buy through their website instead of the console... I'll try again later tonight when I get home </EDIT>

Omni

Does it run OK from the hard drive now?

It never ran "not ok" from the HDD... There were a few extra seconds of loading between levels, but other than that there was no difference.

Except that your Xbox didn't sound like a vacuum cleaner while playing.

legacyzero

Banned
Is Halo 3 any fun online? I've only ever played Halo: Reach online and I enjoyed it
3 is twice as good as Reach IMO. There was a science about H3 that just clicked with me. No armor abilities, better maps, etc.

The main thing I loved was the AR/melee combo. Halfa clip followed by a quick melee did the job.

galvatron

LOL...pretty true. I had actually dug this game out of my steam backlog and finished single player 100% right before it came out on Xbox. Great game and scratched my magical drop itch better than Magical Drop V.

Baffled by how much noticeably slower it is on xbox, though...good riddance to this console cycle.

Is Halo 3 any fun online? I've only ever played Halo: Reach online and I enjoyed it

Its a bit slower than reach. You don't have loadouts also. Halo 3 is great fun if you take time with it. Good thing I still have my legendary copy from launch. Can't wait to fire that up with everyone else playing.

Yes, if you can get past the sketchy netcode and player feedback.

Reach did better in both departments.

I personally think Reach had bad netcode too, but the lag was hidden more by bloom. If people play with local players Halo 3 runs well.

As for played feedback, thats a myth, Halo 3 had better feedback but you just had to get used to it and know what to look for.

In short everyone ignore this man who spews hate speech and enjoy Halo 3. :p

Get a new mic Elzar!

Ghazi

By the way, I found out you can't have the ODST MP disc installed and the dd copy of Halo 3 (I had to delete my ODST MP disc to download H3). Meaning if, like me, you downloaded it mostly for campaign and had all the map packs on the ODST disc, you may have to rebuy the DLC for the Halo 3 download copy.

I haven't confirmed it, but this is the way it probably works since the ODST MP disc was listed as "Halo 3"

LAME, on the offhand, the Mythic 2 map pack is on sale for $5 instead of 10 while the game is out.

YES!

This should be a new thread IMO.

YES, if you're cool with it I could put one together.

Brizzo24

Halo 3 has one of my all-time favorite opening sequences/levels. So much fun going through the
jungle
and
dual-mother-fucking-wielding

Yep, picked it up. NOW EVERYONE GO PLAY GOOD HALO

image.php

MrDaravon

I've played Halo 3 a few times in the last couple of years, it actually holds up fairly well (nostalgia plays into this some I'm sure though) but the population was so low it was a bit of a bust. I imagine for at least a few weeks here there will be enough of a bump with the Gold promotion where it'll be pretty great though.

Top Bottom