• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

That viking game looks interesting, but I'll probably never play it. To busy playing Sunset and MCC. Hopefully next month has a game I'm really interested in for both XB1 and PS4.

I though we were supposed to get two free X1 games?

My bet is one from this month will stay free, haven't they only been rotating one in and one out each month?

I'm pretty happy to get volgar, definitely something I'm interested in. Would have liked if the 360 games were anything even remotely recent but both are really good games, and definitely games more people should play through.

Volgarr looks interesting but, alike all X1 GwG, I most likely won't play it. I am not interested in the 360 offer. I suppose, since october and november are months of big releases, MS doesn't feel the need to invest much in their offering.

This seems like an amazing month on both platforms. I already have the 360 games, but I'll gladly grab the digital copies. Hopefully this means Microsoft is interested in reviving Viva Piñata.

EdgeXL

I made a thread about it but I may as well point out in here that Volgarr the Viking is already available on Games with Gold. At least in the USA region.

Duxxy3

Can't change direction in mid jump, so I'm done with that one. Hated games like that back in the 80s, never mind today.

edit: I'll give it a better chance after the CODathon

Megatron

Isn't it about time somebody made a real OT for Games with Gold? Something that gets updated every month and shows us the old games with gold? It's annoying having to scroll through the pages to see what the current deals are.

Daigoro

My 360 is already in another room, without internet (non wifi model). I wonder if I can find a cheap wifi adapter :/

i moved my recently too and the wifi adapter wasnt even working very well for me. i bought a cheapie powerline adapter and its working really well so far. plugged it in and got wired internet. under $30 from amazon.

excowboy

My 360 is already in another room, without internet (non wifi model). I wonder if I can find a cheap wifi adapter :/

Unlikely you'll find one cheaper than the price of buying the actual games though? ! You can add the games to your account through xbox.com and then just plug your console into your router whenever it's convenient to download?

Can I change region to get Powerstar Golf and then change back immediately after? I've never done it before. Are there risks involved?

El Sabroso

Can I change region to get Powerstar Golf and then change back immediately after? I've never done it before. Are there risks involved?

yup, just change in console, confirm the download if it appears for free and return to your region in console, I just did that

You could just download the free version and see if you like it, first. There's no point messing with regions just for the sake of a free game when you don't actually want it.

It's a joke post only because he made an exception for Spelunky. Volgarr is better than any of the free games on Xbox One or PS4 so far, easily.

I love Volgarr! I'm part of the supposed 5% of people who paid for the game on PC.

That said...

This is Isaac we're talking about.

Chris1

Any risk of a ban? I don't want my account fucked because of Powerstar Golf...
There is always a risk of getting a ban with these things, but I do recommend only downloading one or the other and not both. Downloading both will most likely flag your account and get you banned since it's basically fraud, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Personally just gonna download volgar since I don't care that much about either and don't feel like messing with region switching. I'm sure powerstar golf will come free to the UK eventually anyway.

So I am upgrading to the CoD Xbox One today and what I want to know is will I still be able to redownload all my old free games again on the new system?

Top Bottom