• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

SegaShack

Crap, I totally missed my chance to DL Viva Pinata. They should just unlock things for active gold members instead of making them do a transaction for each item.

Defect

Crap, I totally missed my chance to DL Viva Pinata. They should just unlock things for active gold members instead of making them do a transaction for each item.
I'm pretty sure that it is like ps+ where MS pays the devs per download. (Unless first party?)

I just got the Limbo code. I doubt it is the GWG this month.

Something I wish I could do is redeem the codes I get sent to me by Microsoft via a link in the message.

Montresor

Maybe the people who got the message actually keep the game after your gold expires. It is a code for the full game.

I really hope MS doesn't think this way. I have no reason to let my gold subscription lapse so this wouldn't benefit me at all.

It's not a real early adopter gift if every gold member will just get this game in December.

IMO the outcry over the downloadable posters is overblown. Winners are chosen at random, big whoop - some people get a poster, some people get a show rental, and some lucky ones will get a free extra console.

As long as every single early adopter gets Limbo plus random prize (which may or may not be a printable poster), then that's fine for me.

That way, the idea of a downloadable poster isn't off-putting in the least. No biggie to have those randomized prizes, because every early adopter is at least guaranteed a free game.

Again though, I'm really hoping Limbo isn't a gwg. That would be awful - I love the game and I'm enjoying it, but its value as an early adopter gift will be near worthless if it goes gwg.

That would be utterly stupid to give it out to everyone. Would make the "gift" for 1 year worthless

Has it been confirmed as a year one gift?

I was under the impression Limbo was sent out as a gift to people who had their setting set to opt out of marketing from MS.

I am a day one user I never got a limbo code only an email with a poster, my wife who uses box for netflix and stuff got a limbo code but her settings are all set to opt out of marketing.

EdgeXL

I was under the impression Limbo was sent out as a gift to people who had their setting set to opt out of marketing from MS.

I am a day one user I never got a limbo code only an email with a poster, my wife who uses box for netflix and stuff got a limbo code but her settings are all set to opt out of marketing.

It hasn't been confirmed. The guy behind that Twitter account thinks Limbo will be a GwG title because it releases December 1st on Xbox One which is also the date the next GwG title will be activated.

KingV

I'm hoping MS steps it up on GWG starting in December. PS+ has some really good stuff coming up, and GWG will have to start including better stuff (and two new items per month) to keep up in value.

Bsigg12

I'm hoping MS steps it up on GWG starting in December. PS+ has some really good stuff coming up, and GWG will have to start including better stuff (and two new items per month) to keep up in value.

Just give me a bad ass deals at some point on Dragon Age, GTA, and Far Cry in the deals with Gold and I'll be happy if the GwG for December is lacking.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ugh. Fuck limbo

i thought limbo was pretty well received? is the backlash just due to the fact that most have played it? or the now over use of the limbo look? the 360 demo seemed like a pretty nice little adventure/puzzle platformer.

i thought limbo was pretty well received? is the backlash just due to the fact that most have played it? or the now over use of the limbo look? the 360 demo seemed like a pretty nice little adventure/puzzle platformer.

It was one of those games I remember people basing the entire game on an XBLA trial and not giving it a chance. Fantastic experience, some trial and error gameplay but the mood and atmosphere is spot on.

Ending/last section will always stick with me.

Hubble

The backlash is because it is a really old game and many 360 users already played it and PSN too since it was on Plus.

W.S.

It was very well received and a very good game to boot, not sure why it has backlash outside of the fact that its an older title.

JaggedSac

It was incredibly well received.

I got both, the email with the poster yesterday and an xbox message with Limbo today. Since Limbo came with a message not an email I do not think the settings would matter.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Ryse would be neat.

Ryse and Dead Rising are being thrown around. I've been predicting Ryse since last year so I give up. Ryse is a perfect candidate but I doubt its going to happen. I just bought the Legendary edition so I hope it doesn't happen.

A big third party game would be a nice surprise. Titanfall would shock the fuck out of people. I've bought it twice but I wouldn't even be mad. Boost the population and sell dlc.

Chris1

Ryse and Dead Rising are being thrown around. I've been predicting Ryse since last year so I give up. Ryse is a perfect candidate but I doubt its going to happen. I just bought the Legendary edition so I hope it doesn't happen.

A big third party game would be a nice surprise. Titanfall would shock the fuck out of people. I've bought it twice but I wouldn't even be mad. Boost the population and sell dlc.
I really doubt Titanfall will be free in December, not with Halo just released and the goty edition just about to come out. I think it's a given next year though.

I do think there will an AAA retail in Dec or Jan though since Sony is giving away retail games in Jan.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Really, really hope it's not Limbo.
I loved my time with it but I already own it on PS3, X360, Steam and iPad so I'm good and did my part to fund Playdead's upcoming gem :)

matthieuC

A AAA game would be a great way to market the Xbox around Christmas as an added bonus to buying it as well as XBL. Ryse or Dead Rising would be awesome.

Making LIMBO a GWG title at launch would be a bad move on their part.

Ideally, I'd like:

Batman: AA and Far Cry 3
LocoCycle, Another World, Zombie Driver/Zoo Tycoon

It can't be Zoo Tycoon since most people won't have Kinect.

It's time for Loco Cycle to shine.

Sorry to break it to you guys, But its going to be ZOO TYCOON.

My source
I got tired of waiting and bought it during the Target buy 2 get 1 free deal :(

so when it happens you can thank me.

Noobcraft

It's in my download list already. Just waiting for it to download :D (Day One reward)

Sorry to break it to you guys, But its going to be ZOO TYCOON.

My source
I got tired of waiting and bought it during the Target buy 2 get 1 free deal :(

so when it happens you can thank me.
Also I want this :) if this happens thank you ^-^

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Zoo Tycoon and would be perfect as well for families. Unfortunately you can't expant your zoo really it kind of blows. At least that what my girlfriend says or something.

A AAA game would be a great way to market the Xbox around Christmas as an added bonus to buying it as well as XBL. Ryse or Dead Rising would be awesome.

It would indeed be a great marketing move, which is why I'd be shocked as hell if MS actually did it.

My heart tells me that they surely wouldn't be idiotic enough to make Limbo the one and only GwG title for December, but my brain remembers the last couple of years and disagrees.

Top Bottom