• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

robotrock

Banned
its there alright, just took this screenshot

OY0ISCq.png

rayman! oh man! rayman! definitely playing through this again for those achievements

Hatchtag

Banned
There's a post on Reddit claiming the GWG for March are Rayman Legends and #IDARB for XB1 and Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite for 360. Says the source is Expert Zone so I have no idea as to the validity.

Also says that April will have "twice the free games."

I could see them teasing it/testing the waters in April then officially doubling it at E3.

statham

Great games, too bad I have them all, well not on the 360. Wouldn't mind owning TR on 360 so I have it on everything.

Rayman is perfect timing since I ended up going with the Vita version during the PSN sale. But we get IDARB again? isn't that already free?

Cipher

Rayman is nice. I wonder if the DLC for Bioshock Infinite will go on sale when it's free. I missed out the last time it was on sale.

If Rayman Legends is the next Xbox One GwG offering then that would be awesome. I already played through it once, but if anyone hasn't played it, I would recommend it. It was a very, very good game.

kevin1025

Banned
its there alright, just took this screenshot

OY0ISCq.png

So in April they are actually offering two games that month rather than keeping a game around so they can say there's technically two games a month?

Rayman Legends would be great, and for those who haven't played Tomb Raider or Bioshock Infinite, a really good month for them as well.

EvB

Madness. Utter madness.

It's a damn good game. The comedy, the cut scenes, the voice acting, the simplistic yet deep gameplay, the epic, almost medium elevating score. It's just a damn good game and it disappoints me to see people who didn't understand crap all over it.

I used to respect you.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Damn, I wanted to buy Rayman on WiiU... but hey, "free"...
Will finally play Bio Infinite.

Btw guys, April will have 4 X360 games and 4 XB1 games (Rayman will carry over + 3 new games),

Damn, I wanted to buy Rayman on WiiU... but hey, "free"...
Will finally play Bio Infinite.

Btw guys, April will have 4 X360 games and 4 XB1 games (Rayman will carry over + 3 new games),

I think it is more likely that we only get 2 new games, they said double, I think they meant new. I wouldnt go over expecting, you'll only be disappointed.

I think it is more likely that we only get 2 new games, they said double, I think they meant new. I wouldnt go over expecting, you'll only be disappointed.

They did say they were doubling the GwG offerings in April, currently they have been offering 4 games per month (2 on 360, 2 on XB1). Doubling would mean 8 games.

kingwingin

Hopefully they start releasing more retail games. I would love dead rising 3.

Would make buying another year of live so much easier

see5harp

Rayman is alright but damn I already played to completion last gen and I'm fairly sure I've played all new content on a rental. Thanks?

Sydle

Damn, I already have all the games for March. I really enjoyed Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite, don't understand the hate for the latter.

Everyone get Rayman Legends. It's fantastic!

Are you shitting me, I JUST bought Rayman in the PSN sale... oh well it was well worth $10 anyway.

Bioshock Infinite is great though, I borrowed my friend's copy for a bit when it came out but never finished it.

Chris1

If you believe what you just wrote, I'm sorry to say that you are delusional, sir,

He's not wrong though.. We get 2 games a month on xbox one.

If the 'double the free games in april' holds true for xbox one, we should be looking at either

A) Rayman & 3 new games free for XB1
B) Rayman & #IDARB & 2 new games free for XB1

Having #IDARB take up three months would be a bit extreme and shady on MS behalf though.

I feel for MS and Sony trying to pick these free games. It's hard to not piss someone off:

Indies/Downloadables - "I'm sick of these indie games! How about some retail games, MS/Sony you cheap bastards?"

Popular Retail Games - "Dammit I already own all these games. This is bullshit. This month sucks" "This game came out over a year ago!"

Unpopular Retail Games - "Why don't they give us something good?" "LOL, They're having to give that game away!"

You can't please everybody.

If you believe what you just wrote, I'm sorry to say that you are delusional, sir,

In the image posted, it said specifically "To celebrate, we're giving customers more of what they love by doubling free games in Games with Gold for April! You read that correctly... in April, Games with Gold will offer TWICE the free games!"

They have been offering four games per month and they said they're doubling that in April, 2x4 = 8. Rayman Legends will likely carry over into April. Will it continue past April, I am 99.9% sure it will not. They said they are celebrating 100m+ GwG downloads.

Top Bottom