• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

If God is good and merciful, it's actually 6 free games (two new XB1, four new 360).

It could also be that, depending on whether Microsoft counts the game that carries over every month on Xbox One. If not then it would be three games for Xbox One, if they count it then it would be four for Xbox One.

They did say they were doubling the GwG offerings in April, currently they have been offering 4 games per month (2 on 360, 2 on XB1). Doubling would mean 8 games.

Im not saying you're wrong but under Microsoft economics, i'd still scale back expectations until they clarify it.

Could be that IDARB goes over for a 3rd month + Rayman Legends and then 2 others

Montresor

I think below would be a doable and incredible month. I own and have 100%'d all 6 games but I wouldn't mind the megaton dropping:

Ryse XB1
Lococycle XB1
The Cave 360
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom 360
The Bridge 360
Splosion Man 360

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So double the games in April would be two brand new X1 games and four 360 games? Sounds good to me.

Is that going to be a new thing or one month only?

Chris1

I think below would be a doable and incredible month. I own and have 100%'d all 6 games but I wouldn't mind the megaton dropping:

Ryse XB1
Lococycle XB1
The Cave 360
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom 360
The Bridge 360
Splosion Man 360

Those 360 are all arcades, I imagine it will be 2 retail & 2 arcades... but March is getting 2 retail so who knows.

I think banjo nuts & bolts is a good shout for 360 soonish, especially if kampfheld is to be believed about a banjo reveal at e3.

Booshka

I really want Shadowrun to be free for everyone and playable online with Silver. It's such a simple package, there is no DLC, no microtransactions, no player progression, no leveling unlocks. All it needs is more players.

C'mon Microsoft, do me a favor, FASA is dead anyway, rez Shadowrun for me.

Welfare

I really want Shadowrun to be free for everyone and playable online with Silver. It's such a simple package, there is no DLC, no microtransactions, no player progression, no leveling unlocks. All it needs is more players.

I could've sworn it was already one. I don't know how else I got it downloaded.

Booshka

I could've sworn it was already one. I don't know how else I got it downloaded.

There was a mistake for like 3 days or so where it was free. I am asking for full on charity, free download, and free to play with no Gold.

There is no more money to be gleamed from the product, but it would just be a fantastic MP only FPS for the 360, especially this late in the lifespan.

Man the xbox games with gold is so much better on the 360, it makes me wish I still had mine. I hate the fact that the xbox one not only gets low tier games (ok rayman is great but it's pretty much the only one) but you also need to always have xbl gold to play the games. With the 360 you could buy a 1 month xbl gold sub and get the free games to own permanently. Also dislike that GWG on the xbox one are offered for 2 months straight instead of switching out for different titles.

kevin1025

Banned
Im not saying you're wrong but under Microsoft economics, i'd still scale back expectations until they clarify it.

Could be that IDARB goes over for a 3rd month + Rayman Legends and then 2 others

You're probably right, Rayman will likely be included in that "double month". I'm hoping we get a couple of new games out of it, but with the two a month stretching to really one new game a month, two and Rayman sounds like a safe bet (for Xbox One, I mean).

RowdyReverb

I feel for MS and Sony trying to pick these free games. It's hard to not piss someone off:

Indies/Downloadables - "I'm sick of these indie games! How about some retail games, MS/Sony you cheap bastards?"

Popular Retail Games - "Dammit I already own all these games. This is bullshit. This month sucks" "This game came out over a year ago!"

Unpopular Retail Games - "Why don't they give us something good?" "LOL, They're having to give that game away!"

You can't please everybody.
QFT. The worst part about it is that it's a "free" added value for people who subscribe anyway and people will still complain.

I'm excited for Rayman. I was about to buy that game for 20 but decided against it.

Now, regarding April, it will probably be two new games and, if we are lucky, the two new games per month will continue afterward.

I thought you could play SR for free on silver accounts when they made it free for PC silver accounts to play.

Looking forward to Rayman - I own it on Vita, but barely use the machine. I'll likely end up playing the Xbox One version a lot more.

Having bought Ryse recently, I'd selfishly rather get Dead Rising 3 for April. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tomb Raider or Thief show up in the next few months either.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

I've thought about this and the only explanation I could think of is that then everyone would realize how awesome a shooter it is and never give them money for another FPS again.

Wow, would have never expected Rayman Legends for Xbone. Solid 360 choices too. GWG has come a long way from offering Gears 1 and some tower defense game.

Hopefully double games in April becomes the norm in the future. I'd love 2 Xbone, 2 360, and 2 WP/Win8/whatever to compete with PS+

Ya done good MS.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Rayman! I've been wanting to get it for X1 but it seems like it never goes on sale. Glad I waited.

Give us Zoo Tycoon(x1) for April now pls.

koolin101

Neo Member
about time they up the ante. Can't say any of the GwG for Xbone last 6 months have been of much interest to me. Been holding out on Ryse so long, that game better be on the list for April. Looking forward to Rayman for March.

Remark

Banned
Damn. I mayyy pick up Rayman but I already played the shit out of it back on 360.

It has been almost 2 years though (Played it back in 2013) so I may pick it up again since it's free.

Shit. I should've traded Infinite in when it was worth something. I've beaten Tomb Raider twice, too, and own the DE.

Rayman Legends is a nice bonus, though. Loved it on Wii U, and played some on PS4.

This is a GREAT month, though.

Booshka

aw damnit

They also broke the cross-platform voice chat when they changed the audio codec for Xbox 360. So now all you hear is garbled robot voices from PC users. PC users don't hear Xbox players at all. We tried to contact Microsoft to see if they would do something about it, they responded that they recognized the problem, but never fixed it.

GoxRx

I played Rayman, Tomb and Bioshock on 360 but it's an awesome month if you missed any of those games.

I will download Rayman on X1. I don't mind playing it again because it's fantastic. Also, 6 games on april? that's nice, I'm glad I kept my 360.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I need to stop playing PS Plus free games and activating the trophies. They tend to end up on Gold for 360 which means I actually own them proper. Would rather play a version I own than a version I rent.

Top Bottom