• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 dashboard 2.0.14448.0 XDK (Fall 2011) leaks on to the web

Meh, ads never bother me in any format from xbl to tv to even billboards. Quite frankly the only time an ad bugs me is when they are forced upon me before watching a vid online (ign and others). I find it laughable how some people overreact to ads on xbl, as if they can't skip right past them in under a millisecond.

10506434.jpg

Nealand Liquor said:
Meh, ads never bother me in any format from xbl to tv to even billboards. Quite frankly the only time an ad bugs me is when they are forced upon me before watching a vid online (ign and others). I find it laughable how some people overreact to ads on xbl, as if they can't skip right past them in under a millisecond.

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10506434.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You don't have to skip anything as you can just make the system always boot straight to the disc in the tray upon boot up.

Sean33

Neo Member
Blackvette94 said:
Why cant they fix this??? This really bothers me, the text looks 480p. Isnt the dash true 1080p now? So the font/text being 480p looks HORRIBLE!

New to Xbox 360, been a PS3 user so far this gen. I noticed this on first boot that fonts and text looked blurry. What is the story here?

Sean33 said:
New to Xbox 360, been a PS3 user so far this gen. I noticed this on first boot that fonts and text looked blurry. What is the story here?

The dashboard is 720p; the in-game one (pushing the guide button) is 480p. It's a legacy issue, kind of like the one that prevents the PS3 from having party chat. They simply didn't allocate enough memory to have higher screen and font resolution.

I'm eagerly anticipating the update. Can't wait until I don't have to use the USB memory card anymore for using my profile on multiple 360s and when I can finally use a good version of youtube on my TV without having to hook up my laptop.

Trunchisholm said:
The dashboard is 720p; the in-game one (pushing the guide button) is 480p. It's a legacy issue, kind of like the one that prevents the PS3 from having party chat. They simply didn't allocate enough memory to have higher screen and font resolution.
Yeah. I fully expect this to be fixed on the next Xbox. Hopefully they allow you to use new guide features with old games as well (which they didn't allow with Xbox 1 games on 360 which really sucks).

The Lamonster said:
Will current premium themes still work with this update?

When is it supposed to go live, anyway?

Premium Themes is unknown, but don't count on it.

Launch this month is presumed right now.

Vinterbird said:
Premium Themes is unknown, but don't count on it.

Launch this month is presumed right now.
Thanks for the info. So why would anybody buy the new Skyrim theme that was released today? It may only be good for a couple weeks.

Typical Microsoft apathy for the customer - not only has there never been a preview available for themes, they are releasing new themes that could become obsolete just days after they are purchased.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
So what's the deal with cloud storage? Is it a free service? Is it only for game saves and video content?

From what I was told when having demoed the new dashboard by the developers:

- Saves will be stored in the cloud, nothing else

- Cloud acts just like any other harddrive or USB device plugged into the console

- Gold only

ShapeGSX

I've never bought a premium theme, but I have a ton of free ones. I like the Forza ones the best.

I'm sure there will be a friends list view that is similar to what we have now with the models behind the avatars. It is probably a level deeper than it is now, though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CyReN said:
Will premium themes be ruined by this?

Yes, just like the blades did.

LOL MICROSOFT and GUI inconsistency.

I was going to grab my brother a bigger HDD for Christmas. But with this new cloud storage coming should I even bother? How much space will we be allotted?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Vinterbird said:
From what I was told when having demoed the new dashboard by the developers:

- Saves will be stored in the cloud, nothing else

- Cloud acts just like any other harddrive or USB device plugged into the console

- Gold only
Isn't there a space per game limitation (pretty much like you can upload 1 megabyte of screenshots per game on Steam)? Because, as I understand, some games have massive save files, while others have sub-100k save files.

HawksWinStanley said:
I was going to grab my brother a bigger HDD for Christmas. But with this new cloud storage coming should I even bother? How much space will we be allotted?
It's just for saves. And you still need some sort of local storage for them (like the 4gigabyte of memory the hdless 360s have nowdays).

MikeE21286 said:

Meh, I've bought a two or three premium themes, usually with free points I get from the rewards thing and whatnot.

The Sonic Unleashed and Tron Legacy ones are pretty nice looking, as are the ODST and Halo Reach themes.

Don't premium themes just change the background? Don't see why they would be incompatible.

fake fake edit: Well I guess they did change other things, but I would think they would at least make the backgrounds from premium themes still work.

Top Bottom