• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 360 NBA 2K11 Thread of second round virgins and bogus alley oops

DCX

DCX
nba_2k11_banner.jpg

nba-fantasy-basketball.jpg

alg_amare_stoudemire_knicks.jpg

" Lets do this "
League Name: NeoGAF FANTASY
Password: knicks

Teams:
1- DCX- Knicks
2- Smokey- Rockets
3- Pheenix- Pacers
4- CB3- Bucks
5- DMczaf- Bulls
6- Baby Milo- Sixers
7- WITNESS2K9- Warriors
8- Ecnal- Kings
9- daw840- Nuggets
10- Ferny73- Lakers
11- Zaraki_Kenpachi- Raptors
12- Vestal- Heat

CONTACT LIST (GAF name(AIM)

Smokey (dboythagr8)
Ecnal (lanceleahy)
DCX (DreamcastKC)
Ph33nix (thepheeniks)
CB3 (thecoldone33)
Daw840 (daw840daw)
Dmczaf (dmczafx23 )
Baby Milo ( ? )
HEY LOW 2 ( ? )
Ferny73 ( ? )
Vestal ( VestalGAF )
Zaraki_Kenpachi ( ZarakiKenpachiGA )

League tag (Friends of Friends feature)

GT = GAF 2K11 League

SETTINGS

Difficulty: Superstar with slider adjustments
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Teams: 12
Playoff Teams: 8
Season Length: 30 games
Round Interval: 7 - 10 days
Trading: ON

**No trades due to the draft nature of the league (TBD)**

All Playoff Rounds are best of 7

RULES

Points in the Paint:

The total amount of PIP that is allowed per game is dynamic. Whatever your final score ends up being, you cannot score more than 50% of those points from the paint. This rule has always been in the 2K leagues, but previously it was a static number. You are allowed an extra 4 points on top of the 50% as a "grace interval".

This season I've switched it to dynamic to avoid situations of people pounding the ball in the paint 3/4 of the game to the PIP limit, and then shooting nothing but jumpers for the remainder of the game.

*If you go above the dynamic PIP (+ 4 grace points) limit, it is an automatic loss*

Defense:

Manual defense is required. For the newcomers this means that if you are playing man to man defense, you must guard the guy with the ball. If you are playing zone, then you must be in control of the closest defender to the ball.

Using icon switching on defense to try and anticipate a pass for a potential steal is fine. Other than that, gotta be manual defense.

Pressure: Full court pressure is not allowed in the first 3 quarters unless you are down by 10 points or more. In the 4th quarter full court pressure is allowed at anytime. Manual defense applies here as well

Sportsmanship

If you are beating someone by quite a bit, please do not continue to jack 3s. This is bad and only leads to retaliation. Everyone will get one of those games where they are getting destroyed, and nobody wants to have it rubbed in their face.

Other:

Any glitches or whatever that present themselves do not use/take advantage of. 2K allows the use of saved replays that can be uploaded to the league website. Just don't do it.

League website:

Once the league launches we will have our own league website where you can adjust your rotations, post news stores/articles, propose and decline trades, and check out every stat available. I'll post the link here when everyone is signed in.

This is a simulation league. We're not playing NBA Elite. If you're a cheeser you are out. The league is here to play with other GAF members and as such should be a better experience than playing a random person on XBL. If you're found abusing the game, breaking the above rules on a regular basis or anything else of the sort you're gone.

DATES:

Interest: Deadline is Sunday the 16th of Jan.
Start: Jan 20th 9:30pm EST

DCX

DCX
In terms of dates we are looking at Jan 16th as the cut off date for interest and Jan 22nd for the draft itself. Team assignments will be done prior to draft.

DCX

ecnal

not interested in playing a fantasy draft if we can't get at least 12 players.

so put me down as number 12.

also, there are not enough players that fit into the 99-86 range, so that will be a 1 and done round -- i would guess there are like 12-15 players in that range.

ecnal

if there are only going to be like 8-10 of us, are there enough classic teams to have a league without duplicates?

- bulls
- c's
- lakeshow
- jazz
- sonics
- hawks
- cavs
- knicks
- blazers
- pistons
- ?

we could do like a 90's NBA league :lol

DCX

DCX
We have like seven already we need at least 5. Come on fellas, we can find five.. Bob is a maybe, phee is a no.

DCX

ecnal

well at least this season collapsed before it even started, rather than 3/4's of the way through.

it's a wrap friends.

DCX

DCX
weak indeed. I love how a broken game like 2k10 got more season out of us than a good game like 2k11. I'm done with 2k leagues. And MLB the show, wtf is the point of shelling out 60 bucks to play the cpu?

Enjoy. was real.

out like Odens knees.

DCX

the sad thing is MLB the show is such a great game with probably the least "bullshit" you can find in a sports game, but online baseball is just difficult to work with...

and 2k...you were so good in october. what happened :(

ecnal

ph33nix said:
the sad thing is MLB the show is such a great game with probably the least "bullshit" you can find in a sports game, but online baseball is just difficult to work with...

and 2k...you were so good in october. what happened :(

in wang we
no longer
trust!

I'm in if you guys do Real Shot % but I don't think that's going to be considered.

I just hate this shot release shit.

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
I'm in if you guys do Real Shot % but I don't think that's going to be considered.

I just hate this shot release shit.
As the new Jacob..I will do some testing and consider it.

DCX

DCX said:
As the new Jacob..I will do some testing and consider it.

DCX

my man

I would just rather know my shot didn't go in because I took a bad one, rather than because I messed up my release.

ecnal

ph33nix said:
my man

I would just rather know my shot didn't go in because I took a bad one, rather than because I messed up my release.

problem is the real shooting % doesn't work entirely as intended imo.

you still miss wide open good looks, and insane contested shots where the ball goes through the defender's hand still go in.

you're literally at the mercy of wang and company when you take a shot -- it's just too inconsistent to make it a legitimate option for player vs player. at least with user controlled releases you have a strong influence on how many shots will go in.

there's also the issue of star abuse, which, in this league, would be a major issue. players like kobe/heatles/dirk/etc will always have a high shooting % even if you give them shit shots all game long. the game, for whatever reason [i assume it's tendency related], will even out their shooting % to match some seemingly pre-determined number.

play a game versus the CPU with real shooting % on and you'll see what i mean.

I have and both teams shot like total shit

I'm probably just not ever gonna gel with video game bball, ever. I'm just terrible at shot release timing. I also can't figure out how to get my guys to move more off the ball, it's like you a call a play and if it doesn't work out you're fucked and they just stand still.

ecnal

ph33nix said:
I have and both teams shot like total shit

I'm probably just not ever gonna gel with video game bball, ever. I'm just terrible at shot release timing. I also can't figure out how to get my guys to move more off the ball, it's like you a call a play and if it doesn't work out you're fucked and they just stand still.

lets play tonight/tomorrow with league sliders.

or someone should create a test league with real shooting % on so we can test various things.

4-6 player league -- 2 or 3 stacked teams [lakers, heat, c's] and 2 or 3 bad teams [cavs, raps, wolves].
6-10 games
playoffs

should give us the ability to see what kind of sliders are necessary, if real shooting % is even a plausible option in league play, and we will have a nice collection of data that we can compare to averages from this past season (real shooting % vs user controlled releases).

Can you also teach me how to get my players to move more and to contest passing lanes on their own lol

See, I can understand why people want it off because we're supposedly doing skill vs. skill...so that someone with a shitty team can even win. At the same time it's really frustrating if I can't get an elite player to play like one because I don't understand the game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Starting back in November a special edition of NBA 2K11 for the PS3 was made available at Best Buy that included the option to play the game in 3D. Given that a stereoscopic 3D-TV and associated glasses are required to take advantage of the feature there are very few out there who actually have the capability to try it out (estimated at 2% of the public) and even less that would have the desire to do so. Reports from those who have has been heavily negative going as far as to say the game for all intents and purposes is “unplayable” in 3D.

The 3D feature is now being rolled out in a patch scheduled to release on Sunday for both the Xbox 360 and PS3. No gameplay improvements will accompany the feature’s arrival, though the patch supposedly will be delivering some improvements to online play in particular addressing an issue with unranked games that has plagued online since the last patch.

Good to see their priorities are straight

ecnal

ph33nix said:
Can you also teach me how to get my players to move more and to contest passing lanes on their own lol

See, I can understand why people want it off because we're supposedly doing skill vs. skill...so that someone with a shitty team can even win. At the same time it's really frustrating if I can't get an elite player to play like one because I don't understand the game.

you were better with the grizz in 2K9 than the heatles in 2K11.

SMH.

CB3 said:
Good to see their priorities are straight

SMFH.

very few out there who actually have the capability to try it out (estimated at 2% of the public) and even less that would have the desire to do so. Reports from those who have has been heavily negative going as far as to say the game for all intents and purposes is “unplayable” in 3D.

so for the last few months they've been rolling out a feature for an extremely small segment that makes the game unplayable?

where the fuck is :lol when you need it.

ecnal

ph33nix said:
Motherfucker ain't answering my question :(

remember when i fleeced you for steve nash?

good times.

your playbook in 2K11 is probably the main issue

ecnal said:
remember when i fleeced you for steve nash?

good times.

your playbook in 2K11 is probably the main issue

So you're saying I don't know how to exploit this game?]

I just wish that after a play is over, like if a guy's supposed to receive a ball in some designated spot, that people don't stop moving. Often it's like, ok! Bosh got the ball on the elbow. If he didn't have an open shot, now either run a perfect isolation from here on out for the rest of the shot clock or you're fucked.

ecnal

by playbook issues, i mean you're probably running a bunch of plays that end in iso or have very little motion.

if you can execute a play for a bosh iso quickly enough -- meaning there is enough time left in the shot clock -- people will begin to move again shortly after the play is completed.

the auto movement is based on your "run plays" slider and the players' actual tendencies. for example, if you max out run plays on the celtics and just watch them, ray will eventually just start running around and coming off screens, pp will do the same and post up with kg, etc.

plays do fuck up though and just result in zombies unless you call another play -- usually any of the quick plays will get them going again and give you time to get something going before the shot clock runs out.

ecnal said:
by playbook issues, i mean you're probably running a bunch of plays that end in iso or have very little motion.

if you can execute a play for a bosh iso quickly enough -- meaning there is enough time left in the shot clock -- people will begin to move again shortly after the play is completed.

the auto movement is based on your "run plays" slider and the players' actual tendencies. for example, if you max out run plays on the celtics and just watch them, ray will eventually just start running around and coming off screens, pp will do the same and post up with kg, etc.

plays do fuck up though and just result in zombies unless you call another play -- usually any of the quick plays will get them going again and give you time to get something going before the shot clock runs out.

fuck lol

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:

fuck lol
Exactly..Lance is Wang.

OP is going to be update later tonight. We need two more guys, lets recruit and get two more.

DCX

Smokey

CB3 said:
DCX deleted the first post?

woodcock1.gif

right click -> save as

:lol x4

ecnal probably works for 2k in some fashion, which makes the decisions they're making even more questionable. he knows the 2k bible by heart so yall need to go to him, because i don't know it!

This better still be a fantasy draft
and when was the original date? didn't it say the 22nd? I got a fucking rehearsal from 7-10 ET that night, just fyi

They need to get crew working.

They also need to realize the fact that I am the GM of a crew, yet it will never let me log in because I'm not a part of one...even though crew members say it says I'm still the GM

Iv9eI.gif
Iv9eI.gif
Iv9eI.gif

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
This better still be a fantasy draft
and when was the original date? didn't it say the 22nd? I got a fucking rehearsal from 7-10 ET that night, just fyi
We can vote on it swampvag.

DCX

Top Bottom