• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Startup Issue

Deepblue

Banned
For some reason, when I first turn on my 360, the startup video starts playing, and right before the "x ball" begins spinning around, the screen goes black for a sec, and comes back as the ring of energy comes out of the X ball.

Has anyone else had this happen, and does anyone know how to fix it?

pr0cs

Have you tried temporarily setting the dashboard to a lower resolution to see if there is any effect on start-up. I haven't seen anything like this before, perhaps it's how your TV adjusts to the resolution change when picking up the HD signal.

I don't know, I don't think I'd consider it a big deal if the console functions properly.

Deepblue

Banned
I don't consider it a big deal, but it's a quibble nonetheless.

I'll try that. If that doesn't work, is there anyway I can get the firmware back to 1.00 and redownload the updates?

pr0cs

Deepblue said:
I don't consider it a big deal, but it's a quibble nonetheless.

I'll try that. If that doesn't work, is there anyway I can get the firmware back to 1.00 and redownload the updates?

Very unlikely. Worse case call the 4myxbox number and explain it to them to see if they have any suggestions, to me it really sounds like a TV/360 handshaking issue but I'm usually full of shit so it's really anyones guess.

Top Bottom