• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 with Mac + Airport Express...cant get it to work???

Hi all,
I've been spending the last few hours trying to get my Mac + Airport Express base station to work with the Xbox 360 wifi adaptor with no joy :(

I can connect the Xbox to the Base station using a WEP password, but when it looks for an IP address it fails.

I've searched existing threads, but they only relate to connecting to a pc....HELP????

Chittagong

Gold Member
I have an Airport Extreme and it worked ok. I have an exactly 13 letter password. After that, no problems.

disaster_area said:
Hi all,
I've been spending the last few hours trying to get my Mac + Airport Express base station to work with the Xbox 360 wifi adaptor with no joy :(

I can connect the Xbox to the Base station using a WEP password, but when it looks for an IP address it fails.

I've searched existing threads, but they only relate to connecting to a pc....HELP????

Is the Xbox accessing the network with the WEP Key in ASCII or standard form? Make sure you're using the standard (really fucking long) password with the Xbox. You can find it by opening your Airport Admin Assistant and clicking on "Password" in the list of selections at the top.

yeah, I'm managing to connect to the base station, (Says connected to wireless network, green light comes on) but it's the next step with the IP adress it fails at.

My 9 character WEP password, converted into a long 26 or so character password. I had to dive deep into my keychains to find out what it was, once it was converted.

Loompiah

disaster_area said:
yeah, I'm managing to connect to the base station, (Says connected to wireless network, green light comes on) but it's the next step with the IP adress it fails at.

My 9 character WEP password, converted into a long 26 or so character password. I had to dive deep into my keychains to find out what it was, once it was converted.

Two things:

1) as mentioned above. Make your webkey 13 characters long, very important.

2) I also had IP address troubles with my nintendo DS. Maybe this page is of any help (note that you have to increase the last number of your IP address)

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20051119155606277&query=nintendo

think that's fixed it thanks.
Looks like I'd recovered the wrong password from the keychain, and clicking on the "password" from the drop down menu in Airport Assistant, found it the correct one.

many thanks,
...you guys rule!!!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Good. Now on to increasing your gamerscore. Man, that thing is CRACK. Gotta get achievements. Oh, and the ease of comparing your PDZ or PGR3 achievements with the world after each track. Addictive. Enjoy!

Top Bottom