• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Best Buy Launch Stunning SpongeBob-Inspired Special Edition Xbox Bundle

Xbox, Best Buy, Paramount Game Studios and GameMill are joining forces to give SpongeBob SquarePants fans a new way to game. Through Best Buy Drops on the Best Buy Mobile App, fans will have the exclusive opportunity bring home an Xbox Series X – Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 Special Edition Bundle which includes a custom-designed console inspired by SpongeBob SquarePants himself, showing off his iconic smile, Krusty Krab uniform, and ecstatic arms.

Additionally, the bundle contains an Xbox Wireless Controller featuring SpongeBob and all of his favorite underwater friends, including Squidward, Gary, and Mr. Krabs, in a colorful collage of cartoon characters, as well as a digital download of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2.
SpongeBob Xbox Image

A limited supply of these bundles will be available for purchase at 8am PST on Thursday, March 7, 2024. The bundle will retail for $699 and is only available in the US. Download the Best Buy Mobile App, make sure you set a notification and act fast—once the drop goes live, it will only be obtainable while inventory remains.

//DEVIL//

It's a nice collector item. But that price... Lol

They wanna charge 200$ extra for plastic paint lol

I know it will be sold out since it's very limited quantity. But that will give Sony the greenlight to go ahead with a stupid price of 700$ for the ps5 pro since they already announced a ps5 price cut this year is not happening or very unlikely

Last edited:

StereoVsn

It's a nice collector item. But that price... Lol

They wanna charge 200$ extra for plastic paint lol

I know it will be sold out since it's very limited quantity. But that will give Sony the greenlight to go ahead with a stupid price of 700$ for the ps5 pro since they already announced a ps5 price cut this year is not happening or very unlikely
I don’t know about sold out, it certainly could be since collectors can be dumb, but MS has been selling XSX for $400 or lower and $300 is a big upsell

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The few people who want a series x sure aren't buying it for spongebob but you go ms. I'm sure some will paint this as brilliant.

cireza

WTF at that price.

We are not getting nice special editions for ours consoles anymore, huh. How times have changed.

Why even do that when they made the effort of creating those skins like the Starfield one ? Couldn't they make a skin ?

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
So promo reduced prices bundles didn't sell well these Hollidays... Bingo ! make a special bundle way pricier ! I'm a genius !

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
$699…. That has to be a mistake, right?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks hideous, and it's insanely overpriced. Perfect recipe for these things to be worth thousands of dollars in about a decade.

Seriously, I wouldn't want that thing anywhere near my TV setup. Imagine looking at sponge bob every day. Also, only really works vertically.

This is just so wrong.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Looks hideous, and it's insanely overpriced. Perfect recipe for these things to be worth thousands of dollars in about a decade.

Seriously, I wouldn't want that thing anywhere near my TV setup. Imagine looking at sponge bob every day. Also, only really works vertically.

This is just so wrong.

Yeah, I'd imagine if someone bought it and kept it unopened for a decade, they could make a nice profit on it.

Still not worth it to me though lol

graywolf323

not sure which is dumber, Xbox doing this or the fact PlayStation didn’t have a bundle for FFVII: Rebirth

…actually I’m pretty sure it’s this Xbox, $700?

Oh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditor

Top Bottom