• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Developer Direct 25th January (8pm UK / 3pm ET / 12pm PT)

Pelta88

Why would they do a massive, blowout show in January when they’ve got E3 to do in June?

This is the first "Wait till E3" post I've seen in a really long time.

You're trying to temper expectations, despite the fact that XBOX has more studios than Nintendo and Sony. What's worse is that they released ZERO first party games last year. XBOX should come to this show with their metaphorical guns blazing. Instead, we got people telling us that we need to wait an additional 6 months till E3.

Like that narrative isn't so hollow that it became a meme in and of itself.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

You're trying to temper expectations, despite the fact that XBOX has more studios than Nintendo and Sony. What's worse is that they released ZERO first party games last year. XBOX should come to this show with their metaphorical guns blazing. Instead, we got people telling us that we need to wait an additional 6 months till E3.

Its common sense that their January show is going to have smaller announcements than E3. Extremely simple concept to grasp. Not controversial. Stop the concern trolling.

Gambit2483

Its common sense that their January show is going to have smaller announcements than E3. Extremely simple concept to grasp. Not controversial. Stop the concern trolling.
Not that January should be bigger than E3...but the 1st show of the year should be pretty significant. If only to at least give a very good idea of the first half of the year (with E3 being in June for 2nd half)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Not that January should be bigger than E3...but the 1st show of the year should be pretty significant. If only to at least give a very good idea of the first half of the year (with E3 being in June for 2nd half)
We'll see. Sounds like it's possible they'll do this, a March Bethesda show, a Starfield show and E3. Thats a lot. Just have to wait and see. If we get updates on immediate releases and a Tango games announcement I'll be happy, personally.

I'm just saying that it's not guaranteed that a game sees the light of day.

We've seen canceled games from Platinum, the now defunked Lionhead, Sucker Punch, Ubisoft just recently canceled like 6 or 7 games

Creative freedom doesn't mean that everything will come together every time

We have a show coming up that will announce release dates for these.

Cope.

Try to enjoy some xbox shows now that other developers don't show up at E3 anymore.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Sony bought 2 year exclusive rights to Forza Motorsport 8.
Dang, microsoft cant catch a break can they?

the narrative with xbox is always “just you wait!” Well we have been waiting for a decade phil

Cope.

Try to enjoy some xbox shows now that other developers don't show up at E3 anymore.
okay, we'll try. but i think many of us've basically reached the point where we'd prefer enjoying some actual aaa games...

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

Lmao, what a weird response.
E3 is a major marketing event. Microsoft - as far as we know - has three AAA games + Minecraft Legends lined up for H1 2023. They don’t need to hold their typical E3 show in January.

Not sure where you got ‘wait till E3’ from with regards to AAA game release discussion, but not surprised.

What's worse is that they released ZERO first party games last year.

“Only AAA games are games!”
- Pelta88

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

Cope.

Lol there is no cope. I was simply explaining that games aren't 100% guaranteed to release, most hardcore gamers know this

Freeman76

Who called for a massive blowout? Just a peek is fan, reassures fans and intrigues potential customers.

I omitted Redfall to focus on the overwhelming majority and not the minority, seems fair.

Sony literally released a trailer looking at the games coming this year, yet my take is clueless? Considering Sony's complete domination this gen I'd argue you are the clueless one.

Forza doesnt attract new customers neither does Minecraft. No1 is denying thier popularity, you're shouting at clouds taking from my comments what you want.

Imagine calling this clueless having just watched the (currently winning) competition do just that.

Fanboys done lost thier minds....

Says the fanboy. Well done lol

JLB

Banned

What is "the narrative"? That modern games takes a crazy long time to being developed?

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
8pm UK.

Nice.

I don't know what the rules are on this sort of non-E3 thing. Do I need Mountain Dew? I don't want Mountain Dew.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Xbox has no games ever. Crazy how Xbox has survived. Imagine SNES with no Nintendo games for the whole consoles life. Than they release N64 and 3 years in still no Nintendo games. Nintendo would be dead. Props to MS they make good hardware but they can't make a game to save their life.
I don't have to imagine, I owned a Wii U.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
8PM UK, I'm so Effing pumped!

Redfall Late April / Early May with a 5 day bullshit pre order and you get early access MS special.

Forza mid to late May. My body is ready! and so is my wheel! same 5 day pre order bull!

Starfield June! GOTY.

Let's GOOOOoooooo Gaf!

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Hellblade please. Something on Perfect Dark too but that seems incredibly unlikely. Killer instinct also. New Banjo and Conker.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Holy shit this gets more hilarious with each mismanagemed game. Like your telling me your game that was “coming this spring” doesn't have a date!?

You can’t convince me it’s anywhere near as hilarious as this response to an unsourced and speculative rumor.

Turn 10 has been casually putting out highly rated Forza games at a steady clip for nearly two decades. You’ll have to work harder to push a ‘mismanagement’ story for that studio.

I guess we’ll leave you to fantasize about delays while we wait to see Forza gameplay

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
First big show of 2023. Let's fucking go!
iMYKo1J.gif

Andodalf

Banned
You can’t convince me it’s anywhere near as hilarious as this response to an unsourced and speculative rumor.

Turn 10 has been casually putting out highly rated Forza games at a steady clip for nearly two decades. You’ll have to work harder to push a ‘mismanagement’ story for that studio.

I guess we’ll leave you to fantasize about delays while we wait to see Forza gameplay

Yep, Forza goes on a GT release schedule once instead of it’s usual insane every other year cadence, and it’s mismanaged. If that’s mismanaged then GT is the most mismanaged IP of all time lol

Top Bottom