• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Controller with "Force Feedback" patent dating to Jan 2019. renewed Dec 2020

The above link shows their concept of force feedback triggers from 2019

The tweet below has some images which have a December 2020 date on them (so I am going to assume it was a patent renewal)

They might add this stuff to the Elite Series 3 Controller

Adaptive triggers on the DualSense are pretty awesome. I am assuming that's what I am looking at here (the MS equivalent), which would be really cool for Xbox gamers.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I originally said that they would wait till next gen to do resistance in the triggers but putting it into the elite 3 makes sense. Big new feature to help push it.

MrS

Banned
Good of them to join the party. This is a win for Xbox owners though and they must be rushing this through due to its praise on PS5. Kind of shitty IF they had the tech but decided to just put it in the expensive controllers only though.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Good of them to join the party. This is a win for Xbox owners though and they must be rushing this through due to its praise on PS5. Kind of shitty IF they had the tech but decided to just put it in the expensive controllers only though.
The patent is old. They were rumoured to have considered this for the Series controllers but opted against it likely for cost saving measures.

jaysius

Banned
If they can make them feel better than the Dual Sense "crushing a plastic bottle" at the max resistance, and NOT have them squeaking constantly then I'd be pretty happy about it.

Last edited:

rob305

Didn't OG Xbox One controllers already have force-feed back triggers? I remember playing Forza Motorsport 5 during November 2013 launch week and being able to feel the wheel to gravel feedback through the triggers.
Rumble triggers, they just vibrate

Top Bottom