• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox DVD-drive replacement HELP!

Piper Az

Hi y'all,

So, my box is finally starting to spit out "Dirty Disk Error". It has a Thomson DVD-drive. I want to get a replacement to resolve this problem. At the same time, I would also get the drive that reads CD-r (since Thomson cannot).

I hear that the Samsung DVD drive is the one that I should get. So, where can I get it? Is there a specific model that fits the Xbox? Any useful information would be greatly appreciated!!!

FiRez

Llamma shop

You need to get one of the first samsung drives, because the newer ones can't read cd-r just cd-rw and other dvd media, but for the price of samsung drive you can almost get a new xbox.

btw this are all retail items, you can get a modded PC samsung drive in other places..

Lhadatt

It should be able to. You probably want to ask Xbox Scene - I didn't mod to play CD-Rs, I modded to get a working Xbox. I don't even have a modchip.

Piper Az

I'm not looking to mod my box. I just want it to read my my music cds that are cd-r. Thanks. Does your new 616 drive read cd-r?

Top Bottom