• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
XS is commonly used to describe a premium product, are you thinking XS = Xtra Small?

XS = Excess

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=x...UICygC&biw=1373&bih=950#imgrc=-8tUfqIT793jeM:

Loads of products there

Yes i do first
I know XS only from some very few cars using that term

i still prefere SX over XS

here. way more and more fitting products named SX ;)
Cars, Bikes, Electronics
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=x...=950#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=SX&spf=1496840519949

to my understanding SX is more familiar than XS for naming product

That's four zodiac-based teasers so far? They sure are playing up the wow-factor in these. Must be pretty confident in the upcoming presentation of Scorpio, which is a good sign.

flkraven

IM READY TO FEEL TRUE POWER!

Also, I'm surprised MS hasn't made a new Viva Pinata game after their GaaS push. That seems like a game that could easily be filled with microtransactions, persistent gameplay, and cooperative multiplayer.

As real as it gets!
Patiently awaiting master Kaz's comedy gold response via Twitter.

tenor.gif

gamz

They are going all out with these. MS can say what they want but they are clearly pushing to get as many of these in consumer hands and into their homes.

I also think these are pretty great teasers.

Was there every any doubt? They are gonna market the shit out if it.

Man... Those teasers are pretty hype! Really hoping that Scorpio blows me away. I'll have a Christmas bonus coming from work and I need something rad to spend it on! Gimme that dedicated dolphin button Microsoft!

Alx

That's four zodiac-based teasers so far? They sure are playing up the wow-factor in these. Must be pretty confident in the upcoming presentation of Scorpio, which is a good sign.

Oh, they're Zodiac based ? I can see the lion (Leo) and Capricorn here, but wasn't the first one a wolf ?

Why do people want Battletoads ¯_(ツ)_/¯

What if Microsoft got a team to make Battletoads into a 3D action-RPG akin to Souls games? I think it would fit well in that niche given the games history of being brutally difficult and the current popularity of Souls games. Besides, I'd like to see a darker take on the Battletoads universe.

I posted earlier but so far we have

Dog = Wolf: teaser 1
Tiger = Lion: Teaser 2
Ox = Bull: Teaser 3
Horse = Horse: Teaser 4
Goat = goat: Teaser 4
Rat = ?
Rabbit =?
Dragon = ?
Snake = ?
Monkey = ?
Rooster = ?
Pig = ?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Why do people want Battletoads ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do they? I don't. I think the argument was more that it is likely that a Batteltoad will come, not that it is desired.

The King is back baby. The whole gen Xbox One has been the "900p" red-headed step-child.

They'll win pretty much every digital foundry faceoff now.

What's going on, are you just talking about that poster? Am I overlooking something?

What if Microsoft got a team to make Battletoads into a 3D action-RPG akin to Souls games? I think it would fit well in that niche given the games history of being brutally difficult and the current popularity of Souls games. Besides, I'd like to see a darker take on the Battletoads universe.

If they do something bold with it then yes I would agree. But if not then I think money would be better spent elsewhere. I think it's important for Xbox to return Rare to at least some of their former glory. Establish them as a main player as a first party and have them leading the 'diversity' genre's. But IMO they need to go big with it and not just some token gestures, and I think they have far better IP's to do it with, or indeed brand new ones.

arhra

I think they are going to keep the Scorpio branding, that S they trademarked matches the font in this video.

No it doesn't. At all. It's a completely different typeface. Stroke weight is different, slanted terminals vs square terminals, complex compound curves vs simple circular curves, etc.

jmartoine

I know it is a slightly different situation with Rare only supervising, but people were not exactly clamouring for a new Killer Instinct but that has done fairly well.

If they do something bold with it then yes I would agree. But if not then I think money would be better spent elsewhere. I think it's important for Xbox to return Rare to at least some of their former glory. Establish them as a main player as a first party and have them leading the 'diversity' genre's. But IMO they need to go big with it and not just some token gestures, and I think they have far better IP's to do it with, or indeed brand new ones.

I don't disagree with this sentiment at all. If they were to bring Battletoads back I would fully expect either a small scale 2d project or a huge reinvention from a studio that isn't Rare. I would love for Rare to be returned to a new IP factory in genres that are underrepresented on the Xbox.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I know it is a slightly different situation with Rare only supervising, but people were not exactly clamouring for a new Killer Instinct but that has done fairly well.
But why not first consider the franchises that are more asked for, like Banjo, Conker or Perfect Dark? I can see a point against Perfect Dark (which actually is the only Rare franchise outside of Killer Instinct that got a proper sequel under MS), being quite redundant next to Halo and Gears (also I wouldn't be too happy about that either), but wouldn't those franchises be much better choices than Battletoads?

And if we are talking unique gameplay potential, they would proably have to take Blast Corps into account.

What if........Battletoads and banjo kazooie are in the same game.....3D open world
Hell throw Conker in there and make it a big r rated adventure game

Why would i bother with that? Amazon will deliver it for free. Is the assumption that people aren't going to buy games or play online?

I would think most of the people who are going to buy the Scorpio already have a ton of games and a Live subscription...

EvB

But why not first consider the franchises that are more asked for, like Banjo, Conker or Perfect Dark? I can see a point against Perfect Dark (which actually is the only Rare franchise outside of Killer Instinct that got a proper sequel under MS), being quite redundant next to Halo and Gears (also I wouldn't be too happy about that either), but wouldn't those franchises be much better choices than Battletoads?

And if we are talking unique gameplay potential, they would proably have to take Blast Corps into account.

Perfect dark would be great, but I imagine as a six-fi shooter that MS don't see the need for another one in their 1p offerings. That's unless they take it right back to being a stealth/spy game.

wbarreda

A new blast corps with the destruction of the online mode of crackdown would be sweet.

jmartoine

I do agree with you and it frustrates me endlessly how poorly Rare have done since the takeover. In regards to Conker, Banjo and PD:

Well Rare have openly admitted that Conker was lightning in a bottle and was very much based around the humour they had at the time going as far as to say they don't think they could make it work now.

Banjo would be successful commercially, Nuts & Bolts sold quite well despite it's flaws and Yooka Laylee did well commercially on a Kickstarter of £2,000,000. A small team with a budget of $3,000,000 for Banjo Threeie would break even with sales of 100,000 at $30.

Perfect Dark would need to be completely rebooted in my opinion, a FPS in that style wouldn't be enough in the current market and it would be drowned by other shooters.

Microsoft own so many IPs that are just being forgotten. Not every title needs to be AAA, cultivate smaller teams with budgets of $1,000,000 - $5,000,000 and let them take a shot at rebooting IPs that don't need to sell millions to return the investment.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Re battletoads - Not a fan of the originals, the IP itself is goofy (though I admit the character in KI has charm!), the side-scrolling beat em up genre is dead, but I'm keeping an open mind on how it could be brought back. Hopefully they'd be more creative then just giving us a reskinned arkham style game.

ekim

It just dawned on me that I need to set my Xbox One to US/Englisch so I can watch the conference without the embarrassing German dub.

That's a thing? damn lol.

yes it's horrible (for people who understand English - obviously a good thing for people who don't)
just don't use Xbox live Events
use the Mixer App, Twitch App or Mytube App

edit: or is XLE gone and that went to Mixer now with dubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom