• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox GAF - 12 Month Gold for £22.98 / 3 years of Ultimate = £69.94

DonJorginho

Banned
Its still a 1:1 conversion (Live Gold -> Ultimate). I dunno if it can be applied to a concurrent sub though :pie_thinking:
Turns out you can but the ratio it converts it by is shockingly bad.

1 month of Gold
20 days of Ultimate

3 months of Gold
50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)

6 months of Gold
79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)

12 months of Gold
4 months of Ultimate

24 months of Gold
8 months of Ultimate

cireza

ill be able to convert for $1 correct?
Not if you have already been subscribed to Game Pass. It will be 13$ I suppose. Current subscription must also be over to get the best conversion. Still a very good deal.

It is possible to place separate orders at cdkeys, I have just done it.

Last edited:

Calverz

My sub ran out and it defaulted back to the monthly $15 earlier this month. I would love to take advantage of this but I don't want to lose my "member since" history in my account, would that restart if I let GPU expire and stack this? I'm not even sure how to get it to expire as it moved itself to a monthly recurring automatically.
Are you talking about the number of years on your profile? It doesn’t go back to 0 if that’s what you are worrying about

cireza

I just did the trick, it cost me less than 100€ for 3 years of Game Pass. I had to convert for 13€ by the way, as I had been subscribed in the past. Great value really.

Thanks Banjo64 Banjo64 , you are the best.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Turns out you can but the ratio it converts it by is shockingly bad.

1 month of Gold
20 days of Ultimate

3 months of Gold
50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)

6 months of Gold
79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)

12 months of Gold
4 months of Ultimate

24 months of Gold
8 months of Ultimate
Just make a new account

SyberWolf

did it today. im good until 2025 now. you dont even need the promotion to do it. the 13 euro / 15 dollar sub works too to convert 3 years gold to 3 years GPU.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I just did the trick, it cost me less than 100€ for 3 years of Game Pass. I had to convert for 13€ by the way, as I had been subscribed in the past. Great value really.

Thanks Banjo64 Banjo64 , you are the best.
Seems to be random from what I’ve read on Reddit/HotUKDeals - for some reason some people are offered the £1/€1/$1 upgrade a second time, but others have to pay the standard 1 month rate to upgrade.

On Reddit some guy said he had waited a few months and eventually the option to upgrade for a dollar re-appeared.

Glad it was of use to you mate 👍

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
How would I go about doing that whilst ensuring I keep my current games and saves?

Sorry for the beginners questions, I know how it works on PS just not on Xbox.
Yeah. I'm on PC. I use a dummy account and I was able to do it.
What yiu can do before you buy.
Create a dummy account use the free trial for the normal gamepass. And if if works you can't do the Ultimate upgrade

wExMjST.png

not sure if this is related to what people on gaf were doing since it says it was created on the 17th

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
These deals happen quite regularly. Also if your savvy enough you can buy Xbox Live Gold from Brazil at about £22. Use VPN and bingo.

Yes that's what I've used myself, but this deal (while it lasted) was the cheapest that didn't require VPN.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
This is perfect timing. My cheap Gamepass stacked ran out this month and I actually got charged full price for the month, so I cancelled it already ready to do some kind of stack. Now the stars have aligned and I can be sorted until hopefully stack again until 2025, just got to wait until this month's has expired.

adamsapple

I think so it's not up till march 2023. Just thought I could stack

If it's any consolation, I contacted MS support a few years ago with a similar question about how long codes remain valid, they said that the codes I had at hand are valid till 2099.

So, if you want, you can just buy the cheap ass codes now and hold onto them until yours lapses, I don't think they should "expire" any time soon if not used.

nani17

are in a big trouble
If it's any consolation, I contacted MS support a few years ago with a similar question about how long codes remain valid, they said that the codes I had at hand are valid till 2099.

So, if you want, you can just buy the cheap ass codes now and hold onto them until yours lapses, I don't think they should "expire" any time soon if not used.
Nice

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
From the US this doesn’t work - it’s $20 for 6 months, which isn’t bad but not a steal by any means.

adamsapple

From the US this doesn’t work - it’s $20 for 6 months, which isn’t bad but not a steal by any means.

It was at $14 months yesterday when I checked, didn't buy it myself cause I'm already topped off till 2025.

adamsapple

wait, so I can use this xbox live gold membership to add to my PC gamepass subscription?

I'm not exactly sure what the Gold to PC GP conversion is.

But you can use it to get Game Pass Ultimate which includes PC GP along with Console GP and EA Play anyway.

Last edited:

dolabla

It worked yesterday. I'm in the US and bought all the way to 2025. I overbought and still have one code left. Guess I'll hold on to it until I can use it later on if these codes don't expire for a while.

Wohc

Banned
I have a vpn will my code work if I put the VPN in the location I originally got it my subscription
I'm from Germany with a german account and redeem Turkey codes all the time with a VPN.

10% code: zpu0sGGD

Last edited:

Robbinhood

Banned
Damn I missed it. In Canada its still $25 for 6 months so 50 a year which also isn't bad. Problem is I wouldn't redeem the codes until 2023, this year is a barren wasteland.

Should I get 3 years at 50 each or wait for a better sale.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Subscriptions enslaves gamers 2006 imagine gaming for free or not worrying about what game you’re playing next.

CeeJay

The offer in OP expired months ago before you read any further!

Firstly, sorry to bump an old thread and certainly one with such bait for at title but I didn't want to create yet another thread on the topic and I know that people will read this with a thread title like that and it was the most recent I could find related to what I want to ask!

Anyway...

I'm UK based.

My GP Ultimate sub is about to run out (that 3 years went way too quickly) and I want to do the Xbox Live conversion trick again.
Looking on CD Keys I can get 12 months of Xbox Live Gold (South Africa) for £27 (UK codes are going for £39).

1. Does the 3 year conversion trick still work?
2. Will it work if i've already done it previously?
3. Can I even buy XBLG for South Africa and redeem in the UK?
4. If so, do I just need to VPN and redeem on my PC or is there something I need to do on the console as well?

adamsapple

1. Does the 3 year conversion trick still work?
Yes
2. Will it work if i've already done it previously?
Yes. The only difference is that you won't covert using just $1, you will need to convert using 1 month's equivalent GPU price, so $15 instead of $1 for the conversion.

3. Can I even buy XBLG for South Africa and redeem in the UK?
You can buy from a cheap zone like Turkey using VPN.

4. If so, do I just need to VPN and redeem on my PC or is there something I need to do on the console as well?
Yes.

I'll copy the steps below:

1. Purchase [cdkeys.com] 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (Turkey - Email Delivery).
2. Create [windscribe.com] Free Account on Windscribe VPN and Download App or Chrome Extension [windscribe.com].
3. Connect to Turkey on Windscribe VPN or using your own VPN service/app.
4. Redeem [microsoft.com] your Xbox Live Gold code(s) without agreeing to recurring billing.
You can stack up to three years of Xbox Live Gold.
5. Disconnect VPN.
6. Join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate [xbox.com] by purchasing your first month for $1 ($14.99 if you joined Game Pass before for $1).

Don't enable auto renewal when asked.

When you're redeeming the Gold, you *MAY* get asked about getting an extra bonus month of Gold.

DENY THAT.

The reason is that it will fuck up the 36 month conversion, you can stack a max of 36 months.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Great deal even without the exploit and you are currently subbed to game Pass. A year of gold converts to 4 months of GP. That's 4 months for 22 pounds.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
God I hope this loophole is still going when mine runs out in 2024. Shit's insane.

adamsapple

God I hope this loophole is still going when mine runs out in 2024. Shit's insane.

I'm topped till 2025 and hope the same lol.

But if/when Activision closes and they start getting a lot more revenue there, they might reconsider this, that's the only thing I'm worried about with this :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Yes

Yes. The only difference is that you won't covert using just $1, you will need to convert using 1 month's equivalent GPU price, so $15 instead of $1 for the conversion.

You can buy from a cheap zone like Turkey using VPN.

Yes.

I'll copy the steps below:

1. Purchase [cdkeys.com] 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (Turkey - Email Delivery).
2. Create [windscribe.com] Free Account on Windscribe VPN and Download App or Chrome Extension [windscribe.com].
3. Connect to Turkey on Windscribe VPN or using your own VPN service/app.
4. Redeem [microsoft.com] your Xbox Live Gold code(s) without agreeing to recurring billing.
You can stack up to three years of Xbox Live Gold.
5. Disconnect VPN.
6. Join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate [xbox.com] by purchasing your first month for $1 ($14.99 if you joined Game Pass before for $1).

Don't enable auto renewal when asked.

When you're redeeming the Gold, you *MAY* get asked about getting an extra bonus month of Gold.

DENY THAT.

The reason is that it will fuck up the 36 month conversion, you can stack a max of 36 months.

Literally just did this. GP till 9/26/2025 ✌

Top Bottom