• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass now has over 18 million subscribers

mxbison

I think that this is a thing that they will do
One day

I've kinda lost faith. Every time I've tried it was a complete disaster.

My most recent attempt was this:
gEAGoQY.png

Yes, that's 74 instances of Gears 5. A few too many for my system to handle.

Then I tried Doom Eternal. Was stuck in the loading screen for 5 minutes until I realized there was some account login popup in the background which was blocking the game.
After figuring that out, turns out I downloaded some battlemode which didn't include the campaign. That's just what the Xbox app downloaded automatically, seems I would've had to visit the windows Store and select the other version? Don't know and didn't bother, cancelled my sub for like the 4th time.

I simply can't understand how it's so bad.

Steam - 200+ games with no issues
GOG - 30+ games with no issues
Epic - 10+ games with no issues
GamePass - everything broken

Derktron

Banned

gEAGoQY.png

Then I tried Doom Eternal. Was stuck in the loading screen for 5 minutes until I realized there was some account login popup in the background which was blocking the game.
After figuring that out, turns out I downloaded some battlemode which didn't include the campaign. That's just what the Xbox app downloaded automatically, seems I would've had to visit the windows Store and select the other version? Don't know and didn't bother, cancelled my sub for like the 4th time.

Seems like a you problem, never have issues with playing games from Gamepass.

T-Cake

Hehe, you've either played one game or are very lucky. I've got a stupid issue with Humankind - it's totally stuck. Won't delete, won't update. I'm going to have to format the entire SSD to get rid of it. That is just plain stupid.

I've tried doing all the usual stuff - taking ownership, etc. but it still says access denied trying to do anything with the folder/junction points.

mxbison

It's definitely not a me problem. Every game on every other launcher I have runs without issues.

Only MS manages to fuck it up all the time with their insanely bad Windows store (which the Xbox app still uses).

The last few games I played atleast didn't have any errors though. Just the usual poor functionality like Windows asking for permissions in the background, updates sometimes not loading automatically, and non-Xbox controllers sometimes not working.

tmlDan

gEAGoQY.png

It's absolute garbage, I agree.

I use it but it's such a massive pain in my ass that I want to delete it from my life.

Everything is difficult about it and nobody talks about it despite MS being a software fucking company.

jose4gg

Edit: Just saw another thread was created for this.

I have a theory, I'm might be completely wrong, so you can attack me as you which, but I do believe at some point, Rockstar games have had 30 million "different users" playing "some of their games" using Gamepass, but that does not mean there are 30 million *active* members, especially if in January it was just 18 million.

Top Bottom