• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox gamers "better" than PS4 and PC according to LG's "completely scientific new research"

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
The fact that he thinks this test is serious, conclusive or scientific is the biggest issue tbh...

They believe shooters are among the highest form of competitive play out there, which means they don't watch many competitive video game tournaments at all.

I'm sure if you ask them "What makes this game more competitive than the other" they're either going to ignore the answer or say, "This one has competitive tournaments\e-league and the other one does not. " lol

They believe shooters are among the highest form of competitive play out there, which means they don't watch many competitive video game tournaments at all.

I'm sure if you ask them "What makes this game more competitive than the other" they're either going to ignore the answer or say, "This one has competitive tournaments\e-league and the other one does not. " lol
and you believe speed runs are the truest form of skill. stop playing little big planet than maybe your reaction time will get better.

Last edited:
that and have a really big dick.

giphy.gif

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
and you believe speed runs are the truest form of skill. stop playing little big planet than maybe your reaction time will get better.
Actually, I play and have played many games online. Tekken is one of the most difficult games to learn and I play it regularly.

I played Halo, Gears, Counter Strike 1.6 (and source) Last of Us online and anyone who says games like call of duty is in the top tier of competitive play just needs to stop. lol

In fighters like Tekken, it's IMPOSSIBLE to react to every single move that thrown at you at the exact same moment (especially low moves) you actually have to read your opponent.

Actually, I play and have played many games online. Tekken is one of the most difficult games to learn and I play it regularly.

I played Halo, Gears, Counter Strike 1.6 (and source) Last of Us online and anyone who says games like call of duty is in the top tier of competitive play just needs to stop. lol

In fighters like Tekken, it's IMPOSSIBLE to react to every single move that thrown at you at the exact same moment (especially low moves) you actually have to read your opponent.
Actually, ive played all of those games you've listed online and can easily say you dont know what your talking about. "top tier of competitive play" like wtf does that even mean? I would bet you've never competed at an event or taken any game serious.

Based on my experience, PlayStation players are typically more skilled in fighters which are by far the most difficult to master and usually require near impeccable reflexes to get the most out of them. Personally, I think that should be more of a measuring stick for skill then shooters. Then again, there are way more shooters out there meaning more players, but what do I know?

Shooters obviously take skill as well, but they are a dime a dozen and usually play very similar to each other so it is easier to adapt to different shooters since their mechanics are very similar. Fighting games rarely have that luxury and truly mastering them can be a insurmountable task.

Based on my experience, PlayStation players are typically more skilled in fighters which are by far the most difficult to master and usually require near impeccable reflexes to get the most out of them. Personally, I think that should be more of a measuring stick for skill then shooters. Then again, there are way more shooters out there meaning more players, but what do I know?

Shooters obviously take skill as well, but they are a dime a dozen and usually play very similar to each other so it is easier to adapt to different shooters since their mechanics are very similar. Fighting games rarely have that luxury and truly mastering them can be a insurmountable task.
The thing is they're all different, its like comparing sports and saying which takes more skill. Its a stupid arguement because somebody who's pro at one thing usually isnt able to translate that to the same extent in another sport. My point is that someone who's a master at FPS/FIghting games might suck at RTS/MoBA's. Doesn't necessarily mean either takes less skill. Hell even Call of Duty - Halo doesn't translate well and they're in the same genre.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
PC the worst?

Is this article made by Xbox shill?

I'm a PS gamers but 10/10 when it comes to shooter PC gamer with Ms/kb will destroy any console gamers with a controller in a multiplayer game this is no contest

Get a pc gamer who hasn’t picked up a controller in 10 years to play against a console gamer, their reaction time will be atrocious. Console gamers have had to adapt at reacting quicker with the controller.

One of my friends suffers from this and doesn’t play console games with us because he’s hands are like feet on the controller. But on PC it takes a lot less skill to have a quicker reaction time just from input alone.

I can see how they got the results of console gamers having quicker reaction times easily.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Actually, ive played all of those games you've listed online and can easily say you dont know what your talking about. "top tier of competitive play" like wtf does that even mean? I would bet you've never competed at an event or taken any game serious.

If you played those games online then you should know what I'm talking about.

People who have played both Call of Duty and Counter Strike knows Counter Strike is a much harder game to learn. Street Fighter V is no doubt a popular fighting game with many competitive players, but even the pro Street Fighter players know Tekken is the much harder game to learn.

You want to sit here and say a game like Tekken and Street Fighter are both just as difficult to learn as Halo, Gears and Call of Duty?

People who have played both Call of Duty and Counter Strike knows Counter Strike is a much harder game to learn. Street Fighter V is no doubt a popular fighting game with many competitive players, but even the pro Street Fighter players know Tekken is the much harder game to learn.

You want to sit here and say a game like Tekken and Street Fighter are both just as difficult to learn as Halo, Gears and Call of Duty?
All of those games are on Xbox though except for the newest street fighter. Your just proving Xbox players should be better, Sony doesnt have multiplayer franchises like microsoft. You think games like resistance, killzone or uncharted seriously take as much skill as Halo or Gears? SOCOM was on that level but its no more just like those other games. As someone who plays Halo/Gears, yea ill get fucking owned by good CoD players, doesnt matter if it takes less skill overall. Also just because a game is hard to pick up like Tekken or CS doesnt mean it takes more skill.

I would actually say Street Fighter is the harder game to learn then Tekken. Street Fighter relied more on precision and more complicated execution, especially SF4 which with very unforgiving with strict timing on frame links, certain combos and FADC. SF5 is easier, but still challenging as well. Tekken has tough execution as well(qcf, ewgf, etc), but the characters are not as execution heavy as Street Fighter’s and combos imo are more lenient. Admittedly, movement is tough to learn in Tekken and while it’s not quite mandatory, it’s still important.

Again, even though they are entirely different, I still think fighters are the hardest to properly learn. That’s why the user base and popularity of fighting games is considerably lower than shooters. Not everyone can competently grasp the execution, mechanics and timing in order to be proficient at them. There are even articles and videos online stating that fighting games are “hard” to learn and I don’t recall seeing thst with other genres.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
All of those games are on Xbox though except for the newest street fighter. Your just proving Xbox players should be better, Sony doesnt have multiplayer franchises like microsoft. You think games like resistance, killzone or uncharted seriously take as much skill as Halo or Gears? SOCOM was on that level but its no more just like those other games. As someone who plays Halo/Gears, yea ill get fucking owned by good CoD players, doesnt matter if it takes less skill overall. Also just because a game is hard to pick up like Tekken or CS doesnt mean it takes more skill.

LOL.

Oh man, you really don't know what you're talking about. It seems some of the XBox fans on here are using "the more popular shooter" approach to prove that one is more competitive than the other.

That is not how you judge the skill set between two different games.

Just look at the shooting mechanics in Halo 5

Now look at Counter Strike's shooting mechanics.

Just about every single gun has a unique spray pattern in CS:GO and the recoil management is much harder because it's nearly nonexistent in Halo 5 and Counter Strike.

If a game is harder to pick up, then that generally means the mechanics have more depth.

In Tekken, you have to learn about frame-data, proper side-stepping, back dash cancelling, throw breaking. These mechanics have FAR more depth than what you find in shooters like Halo and Call of Duty.

LOL.

Oh man, you really don't know what you're talking about. It seems some of the XBox fans on here are using "the more popular shooter" approach to prove that one is more competitive than the other.

That is not how you judge the skill set between two different games.

Just look at the shooting mechanics in Halo 5

Now look at Counter Strike's shooting mechanics.

Just about every single gun has a unique spray pattern in CS:GO and the recoil management is much harder because it's nearly nonexistent in Halo 5 and Counter Strike.

If a game is harder to pick up, then that generally means the mechanics have more depth.

In Tekken, you have to learn about frame-data, proper side-stepping, back dash cancelling, throw breaking. These mechanics have FAR more depth than what you find in shooters like Halo and Call of Duty.

You think shooting mechanics are all that matter in shooters? Halo has respawning and health, its all about map control and teamwork. Cant believe you actually wasted your time comparing Halo's recoil to CS. Such fucking different types of shooters...

hecatomb

Banned
what about savings stand point? Lets say you have a pc that can play all the xbox games, you are basically saving money by not buying a xbox.

Iorv3th

Xbox One Destiny Crucible players are better than Playstation 4 Crucible players. :messenger_beaming:

That's why all the big destiny streamers like LAB and those guys all play on PS4 right? They must have gotten tired of being beat on xbox....

Get a pc gamer who hasn’t picked up a controller in 10 years to play against a console gamer, their reaction time will be atrocious. Console gamers have had to adapt at reacting quicker with the controller.

One of my friends suffers from this and doesn’t play console games with us because he’s hands are like feet on the controller. But on PC it takes a lot less skill to have a quicker reaction time just from input alone.

I can see how they got the results of console gamers having quicker reaction times easily.

No it does not. If someone is accustomed to Mouse/Keyboard and not accustomed to controllers they will be bad on controllers. It doesn't mean the device they are accustomed to is somehow easier because they are good at it and bad at the other.

If people taking this on their phone are able to use both hands and multiple fingers there is no reason the people on their phones wouldn't be faster than those on PC using one input device. The only way this thing makes any sense is if people do the test with a controller or mouse.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I would actually say Street Fighter is the harder game to learn then Tekken. Street Fighter relied more on precision and more complicated execution, especially SF4 which with very unforgiving with strict timing on frame links, certain combos and FADC. SF5 is easier, but still challenging as well. Tekken has tough execution as well(qcf, ewgf, etc), but the characters are not as execution heavy as Street Fighter’s and combos imo are more lenient. Admittedly, movement is tough to learn in Tekken and while it’s not quite mandatory, it’s still important.

Again, even though they are entirely different, I still think fighters are the hardest to properly learn. That’s why the user base and popularity of fighting games is considerably lower than shooters. Not everyone can competently grasp the execution, mechanics and timing in order to be proficient at them. There are even articles and videos online stating that fighting games are “hard” to learn and I don’t recall seeing thst with other genres.

Yes, the inputs are more strict in a game like Street Fighter if you want to hit confirm and punish attacks.

But there are many things that makes it more difficult.

Movement is one of the most important things you have to learn in Tekken if you want to make your opponent whiff attacks. If a person doesn't have good movement in Tekken, then he's going to create less whiffs from his opponent. The only type of movement I wouldn't consider mandatory is wave dashing because every single character doesn't have a wave dash. But, if you want to become a good Mishima player, then it's mandatory. This is why you see some of the best Mishima players in the world with good movement.

There's also more frame-data you have to analyse and character movesets. Waking up is a lot more difficult and so is throw breaking.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You think shooting mechanics are all that matter in shooters? Halo has respawning and health, its all about map control and teamwork. Cant believe you actually wasted your time comparing Halo's recoil to CS. Such fucking different types of shooters...

You're just proving that you don't take these games that seriously.

Shooting mechanics are not the only thing that matters, but it's the most important mechanics in the game. You have to learn EVERY single map when you're playing a shooter.

Health? I don't know you bring that up. There's health management in some games, but there's also health regeneration in others. A game like Gears of War has health regeneration, but in Last of Us, you actually need health packs to heal. Your opponent can heal you in the Last of Us, but he he needs to have it equipped in his loadout. This means health management in harder in TLOU. This is why I laugh whenever people say games like Halo 5 take ore skill than TLOU. Sure, Halo 5 may be more popular, no doubt, but mechanics are often made easier in some shooting games for a reason. TLOU is a strategic shooter that relies on stealth, ammo management etc.

They're comparing scores on PC with scores on a mobile phone.

This thing is dumb. Also got 105 on my first try.
Oh wht you're not serious? What a joke. Anyway scored 90 something from first try and then got 108 on pc, so can not imagine how terrible those carefully selected pc players had to be.

Mattyp

Gold Member
It doesn't mean the device they are accustomed to is somehow easier because they are good at it and bad at the other.

It's much easier to have a quicker reaction time with a mouse than it is a controller, coming from someone who plays FPS nearly entirely on PC. You can even change the settings so it reacts even to quickly with the slightest touch, you don't have these abilities with the controller.

Tesseract

Banned
i really doubt it.

come play quake live / champions / natural selection 2 with me and try to hold an accuracy above 30%

the answer is you cannot

Foxbat

Banned
While I'm not sure how accurate the test is, anyone who's played the same games on both Xbox and PS should be able to see a difference.

I've played a few CoD titles, Siege, Rocket League, BF4, 1, and V as well as a few other on both consoles. It's pretty apparent that at least with shooters... Xbox players are quite a bit better than PS players overall. I've got a few friends who I play with on both consoles. We all agree that the competition on Xbox is superior to that on PS.

Of course me and a few friends experience is a small sample, but the results of this test don't surprise me a bit.

Top Bottom