• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Extended 17.06.2021 19:00 CEST

Spidey Fan

Banned
Expressing an opinion is not trolling unless you're just trying to rile people up (which more lines up with your verbiage here), I'm watching the show looking for something I want to check out. Because you know, I like video games. The people in here moaning about others not liking what they are seeing needing to keep it to themselves are the same people in other threads dumping on other stuff.
You should see what they typed first. I have no issues for people who express their opinion, but when you blatantly ignore what this showcase is about, i will consider you a troll. a fanboy neverthless.

reksveks

Why can't company A with 115 employees create as much as company B with 392?

I don't think I will ever know but back to the topic, alot of good information for flight sim and Grounded for me

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
That Halo segment was rough. It's like the developers knew the game they made was for an audience from 15+ years ago.

"The stuff we have at launch is good. It's really good stuff and we're going to be adding more good stuff after release."

Modern games + BF 2042 look years ahead of Infinite. Going to be fascinating to see how well it retains players 6+ months after launch.

Esppiral

Oh it said at 7:00 I thought it was American time and it was later on Europe but reading the comments got me confused

Scarlet Nexus looks solid. I'm not sure if it was the right play from Bandai-Namco to exclude it from their E3 show and focus solely on House of Ashes, but maybe distancing the game from that abysmal showing is for the best.

It'll be really interesting seeing what platform this sells best on given how hard they're pushing the Xbox version.

Last edited:
I appreciate the effort put into this, I thought it would be another horrible undeserved self adulation fest. Host did a good job.

The stuff I’m interested in playing are seemingly years out. It’s why , from a personal preference standpoint, I was disappointed in Sunday in terms of the big budget or Triple Ayyyy . FPS, Forza & Flight Simulator. It’s why I always got irked that they could of had at least another team working at one of those current studios before the acquisitions to prepare something for launch.

Look at the reactions to those Hellblade 2 gifs, I wanted to see a game like that sooner if you know what I mean. The indie stuff coming I’m liking a lot tho.

I think the Sunday show and this one were well made and excellently paced, I just wished some big stuff from them in the near future/the next year are things im really excited about and can’t wait to play.

Scarlet Nexus looks solid. I'm not sure if it was the right play from Bandai-Namco to exclude it from their E3 show and focus solely on House of Ashes, but maybe distancing the game from that abysmal showing is for the best.

It'll be really interesting seeing what platform this sells best on given how hard they're pushing the Xbox version.

I’ll buy it on Series X, I liked the demo, was fun.

Matsuchezz

Cool...it's nice to have opinions, part of what makes us what we are, right?
That is right. I was expecting Hellblade 2 gameplay trailer. or Project Mara first look, but we just got a bunch of people talking and explaining the games. IMHO it was boring.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

see bird box GIF
Yes, it was painful to watch. it was like watching Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill... unwatchable.

Well, it’s an anime looking Japanese game. It’s going to sell best on PlayStation even with heavy marketing on XBox.

MiguelItUp

That Halo segment was rough. It's like the developers knew the game they made was for an audience from 15+ years ago.

"The stuff we have at launch is good. It's really good stuff and we're going to be adding more good stuff after release."

Modern games + BF 2042 look years ahead of Infinite. Going to be fascinating to see how well it retains players 6+ months after launch.
I didn't think so at all.

The peak of Halo's multiplayer success revolved around the Halo 3, and Reach era. So, they've been leaning into it really hard, as they should IMO. Having stuff like Slayer, Team Slayer, CTF, and Oddball alone is enough for it to carry a lot of folks for awhile. Along with new weapons, abilities, cosmetics, etc. I think folks will be good for awhile.

In terms of other modern games, especially from the perspective of this holiday season, there's nothing else like it in the realm of a "new" competitive FPS multiplayer. There's Infinite and 2042, which a lot of people will probably juggle at the same time much like they have in the past.

Master Chief Collection has been pretty busy for awhile now and that's with no new content. I think Infinite will do just fine. Unless it's horrible and it's all ruined, lmao.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I didn't think so at all.

The peak of Halo's multiplayer success revolved around the Halo 3, and Reach era. So, they've been leaning into it really hard, as they should IMO. Having stuff like Slayer, Team Slayer, CTF, and Oddball alone is enough for it to carry a lot of folks for awhile. Along with new weapons, abilities, cosmetics, etc. I think folks will be good for awhile.

In terms of other modern games, especially from the perspective of this holiday season, there's nothing else like it in the realm of a "new" competitive FPS multiplayer. There's Infinite and 2042, which a lot of people will probably juggle at the same time much like they have in the past.

Master Chief Collection has been pretty busy for awhile now and that's with no new content. I think Infinite will do just fine. Unless it's horrible and it's all ruined, lmao.

The Master Chief Collection is currently...

The 95th most played game on Steam. More people are currently playing The Witcher 3 right now.
The 35th most played game on XBL.

There was a time when Halo was the preeminent multiplayer franchise in the console space. It's not 2003 anymore, no matter how badly 343i wants it to be.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like Halo fans are high on it, but Halo fans would drive the franchise into the ditch because they'd rather be catered to than see the franchise grow and achieve status once again.

I cringed when they were talking about their 12 on 12 mode wanting to feel epic and grand. They sound so out of touch to me.

elliot5

The 95th most played game on Steam. More people are currently playing The Witcher 3 right now.

There was a time when Halo was the preeminent multiplayer franchise in the console space. It's not 2003 anymore, no matter how badly 343i wants it to be.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like Halo fans are high on it, but Halo fans would drive the franchise into the ditch because they'd rather be catered to than see the franchise grow and achieve status once again.

I cringed when they were talking about their 12 on 12 mode wanting to feel epic and grand. They sound so out of touch to me.
More players doesn't mean better gameplay. It'll work for Battlefield or a battle royale mode, but not for something like Halo.

Overwatch 2 is coming out as a 5v5 game. Who cares about team size.

Riky

$MSFT
That multiplayer looked graphically a big step up for Halo, so smooth as well.
Being free to play should ensure its the biggest multiplayer yet.

Isn’t “epic” and “grand” dependent on the franchise tho - like Battlefield always had more players than that because it’s a different game. 2042 looked awesome to me but I can see that getting old pretty fast whereas with an arena shooter like halo 12 v 12 seems like the max you can really push for, think it’s a good mix and if it is actually good the multiplayer will have legs. I guess they can add a BR mode eventually if they want that kind of market

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Isn’t “epic” and “grand” dependent on the franchise tho - like Battlefield always had more players than that because it’s a different game. 2042 looked awesome to me but I can see that getting old pretty fast whereas with an arena shooter like halo 12 v 12 seems like the max you can really push for, think it’s a good mix and if it is actually good the multiplayer will have legs. I guess they can add a BR mode eventually if they want that kind of market

No. Epic and grand are dependent on the player, not the franchise.

The vast majority of Halo players have played the heavyweights of today. When they go back to 12 on 12, they're not going to be impressed. I can't really fathom being a 343i employee watching Battlefield 2042 stuff in the same E3 conference. Feels like a "Holy ****...we're going to lose our jobs aren't we?" moment.

We'll see. I just think it's a bad sign when I can't find the hook in your game.

MiguelItUp

Yes, but on I'm sure they're still very healthy. Last I opened Game Pass on PC it was still in the top played. Also, as of April it was reported that 10 million players had played it on PC since it was added to Game Pass. That is insane considering the age of those games. It's not like there's a gigantic upgrade across the board either. Or new content.

I'm sure they're well aware of it not being 2003 anymore. THIS type of Halo multiplayer still has its appeal, clearly. Also, making it F2P and cross platform with PC + Xbox is a smart move. What would make it NOT 2003? Adding a BR? I know there were rumors that there WAS one being worked on, but I guess time will tell.

I'm not even a huge Halo fan myself, but I most certainly had grand times with old Halo multiplayer. I'm sure there are many that share the same feelings, and with that if they can nail it and then some, I think it'll do pretty well.

When those interested look at that gameplay and think about Halo, 12v12 works. Just because it's not overflowing with 50-60 players doesn't mean it's less appealing. It's a completely different type of experience, as it's always been. I remember playing Halo 3, Modern Warfare, and Team Fortress 2 all around the same time as they were able to feel unique enough, y'know?

Last edited:

Yoboman

Haven't watched the showcase and not even a Halo fan

But seeing how wrong your takes are on everything, I have to assume Halo looked amazing here

The vast majority of Halo players have played the heavyweights of today. When they go back to 12 on 12, they're not going to be impressed. I can't really fathom being a 343i employee watching Battlefield 2042 stuff in the same E3 conference. Feels like a "Holy ****...we're going to lose our jobs aren't we?" moment.

We'll see. I just think it's a bad sign when I can't find the hook in your game.
What? Battlefield has always been a completely different kind of game

What? Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots sound completely different. (They're the same game going after the exact same market)
Dunno what to tell you I haven’t played halo in years, play mostly cod - what they showed looked great to me. Without a BR it won’t take from the Warzone/fortnite crowd but to say this didn’t look like a legit awesome arena shooter seems weird to me - the FPS crowd isn’t just looking for gigantic scale warfare all the time

Last edited:
Now THIS is next gen FFS

This is why I want to buy a next gen console. This cross gen fuckery needs to stop and stop NOW.

Must add this game looks to have some serious production value and this is what I need Xbox to start doing. Start serving up AAAA titles with the best in slot visuals and production value with no expense spared.
I'm ready to be skull fucked when they reveal gameplay of this whenever that is.

Last edited:

MOTM

Banned
Excellent show, just watched the 4K upload. Had such low expectations I didn’t even know what time it was airing but left pleasantly surprised.

Damn MS did an amazing job this E3, kudos to the entire team.

IDappa

I myself will be jumping between battlefield and halo because of the differences they offer in gameplay.

Was a great extended look…halo does look better each time it’s shown and I think people are very quick to forget the juggernaut that was the multiplayer…….it’s just flat out fun

going to be a great last part of this year

MOTM

Banned

I’m the most casual multiplayer FPS gamer there is and I think I would pick Infinite over Battlefield.
Battlefield looks more spectacular and over the top but there’s just something about Halo … maybe it’s nostalgia from Halo 3 multiplayer still.

Vognerful

Never seen or heard this host either, but yeah he’s not the typical Xbox fake hype man. Very relaxed and assured. I like him
when XBOX unlocked podcast aired after 2020 Halo gameplay, he was the first and maybe to come honest and clear that the footage did not look good at all. I am surprised they choose him for this.

Top Bottom