• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is really nailing it with nice features to play with randoms this gen

FZW

I personally LOVE the option to go to a multiplayer achievement and set up an LFG for someone to help you with it. I used to HATE multiplayer achievements before this.

Its a clever little feature and really useful for achievement junlies like me.

For those mentioning visibility, Its like the first thing you see when you go in your friends list, its in the newsfeed and in the game details on the home screen. I dont know how ppl miss it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
maxresdefault.jpg

That's awesome.

*Splinter

Looks like a really useful feature, I hope Sony copy it in time for Destiny 2 (or that the in-game lfg is up to scratch).

I've used Communities a fair bit and it's not the same thing at all. I was in several Rigs communities at one point. Every now and then I'd get a notification that there is a new message -> I go to see the message (mostly just to clear the notification) -> most of the time, it's someone LFG -> all of the time, noone answers.

Communities were useful for advertising in-game tournaments, but they are not a replacement for a decent LFG system (particularly in less populated games).

LFG has been great to find people who want to play Dead Rising 3's arcade style DLC. A DLC for a launch title that should be all but dead, but you can set something up in the afternoon and play in the evening. LFG could have been good even if it was very basic for searching and then made you do the communication but it helps in every single aspect of setting up and making getting in the game as easy as possible. The functionality is just so flexible and works great. I suspect we will see something similar in PSN eventually but MS really takes the cake with this for right now.

ps3ud0

Stuff like this to me is more important than the whole power debate - MS really should consider promoing this feature as part of say a SoT presentation just to emphasis the experience - hell do it in all MP gameplay videos...

ps3ud0 8)

Dunkley

Well, shit, I KNEW I recognised this thread from somewhere

We had almost the exact same OP only three months ago.

I guess you took Montresor's comment about making more noise about it to heart, eh ;)

Also this made me laugh

wthayta.gif

Like I mean, good for you that you're able to recognize that two people like to play the same game and are capable of being impressed by a feature?

This is hardly ever the first time there's been a GAF thread about the same thing, and will hardly ever be the last time. A bit ago we had two people getting hacked with purchases made in their name on PSN. Both of them had Spider Man avatars.

Does it mean they somehow motivated eachother's threads? An ulterior motive to advocate against Spider Man and PS4s? No. It simply meant two people were hacked that liked Spider Man, just like this thread and the other you linked are just two people being impressed by the LFG feature and like Gears of War.

wthayta.gif

Like I mean, good for you that you're able to recognize that two people like to play the same game and are capable of being impressed by a feature?

This is hardly ever the first time there's been a GAF thread about the same thing, and will hardly ever be the last time. A bit ago we had two people getting hacked with purchases made in their name on PSN. Both of them had Spider Man avatars.

Does it mean they somehow motivated eachother's threads? An ulterior motive to advocate against Spider Man and PS4s? No. It simply meant two people were hacked that liked Spider Man, just like this thread and the other you linked are just two people being impressed by the LFG feature and like Gears of War.
Pretty impressive that you're able to be this condescending on the back of a harmless observation.
Good for you.
I'm sorry I didn't fit your SonyGAF narrative.

Blam

For Destiny 2 its gonna be great also. I dont think that ingame "LFG" thing they have for Destiny 2 is that great.

ingame lfg is gonna be used by casuals where as the LFG app will be used by people who want to play with other serious users.

Theorry

Bit of a bump. But damn its a godsend also for Overwatch. Was struggeling solo queing. First there are like alot of posts and for all game modes. Its almost difficult to choose. And when you choose its like almost instant invites from the person who set it up.

BigDug13

Regret my console choice at this point. EA Access, Backward Compat, 1000 Rock Band songs from my 360, PC and Switch crossplay, and now this.

WTF is Sony doing?

NaviLink

I personally LOVE the option to go to a multiplayer achievement and set up an LFG for someone to help you with it. I used to HATE multiplayer achievements before this.

I had no idea you could do this with the Xbox LFG. Gonna try this for flawless raider.

Regret my console choice at this point. EA Access, Backward Compat, 1000 Rock Band songs from my 360, PC and Switch crossplay, and now this.

WTF is Sony doing?
First place Sony is the worst. Next gen the gap will be smaller and they will try harder. Just like how they were doing great at the end of the PS3 gen.

Top Bottom