• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess, maybe there are some aspects of Hell Yeah that need to be toned down for Japan's and Germany's stricter content rules?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's certainly not the polished, beautifully upscaled port everybody was expecting.

And the sound is atrocious.

No one expected that, after the opening trailer, screenshots, gameplay demos, and info that has been out for the past few months... really would have liked a FPWR-Online... anyway!

The sounds are pretty annoying, but hopefully, you can choose some for your characters that are a bit more serious.

And that beach stage was a horrible place for a demo, for the possible old firepro fans who were watching. It's music wasn't very "fight-like". I hope there are some serious arenas in the game, that at least sound more like, say, Virtua-Fighter style "Everything is awesome and cool!"-style music.

Would be best to look at the game less as a serious Firepro style sim, and more as a CAW-focused "WWE All-Stars" style arcade game, from what they showed.

aku:jiki

If I had to guess, maybe there are some aspects of Hell Yeah that need to be toned down for Japan's and Germany's stricter content rules?
That's really rare on XBLA in my experience. Instead of retooling games for sensitive markets, they just skip over releasing in that market altogether. The only games I can think of that have a specific german version is the Dead Rising games and CoD Classic, and I don't know if they were actually edited or just localized.

Vert boil

Released today,

boxartlg.jpg
boxartlg.jpg

Jet Set Radio - 800msp, 989MB.

R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War - 1200msp, 860MB.

Also,

Dogfight 1942
--Fire over Africa - 800msp

Full House Poker
--Texas Heat Fall 2012 - free

Magic 2013
--Expansion Pack - 400msp

Daigoro

oh crap. another season of Texas Heat? thought those were done.

whelp i still have another 6500+ hands to grind out, so might as well.

Is that bad?

I couldn't watch the stream. I really had hopes for this game :-(

Maybe the gameplay will be fun, although it didn't look too compelling from what was shown, but the game seems to be a technical mess. Animations are dreadful, graphics are poor and polygon-starved, and there's plenty of clipping with the environment. It just looks rough.

Macca

I can't find the Sales and Specials app at all. Has it been taken down or something? Tried using a US and UK account, both silver. It's not gold only is it?

So far from what I played I'd agree with that review coop would be ten times more fun i also like the fact when you get loot you can visually see it on your character, minus the weapon for the wizard..only the orb changes.

BigMack

Wow. The game came out 2 weeks ago for 1200 MSP. Last week, there was the first piece of 800 MSP DLC. And now a 2nd piece of DLC for 800 MSP. Smh....

I checked out the Sales app for the first time in a while. It finally recognized stuff I've purchased in the Marketplace and wouldn't let me rebuy it in the app (just had the "Download again" screen pop up).

Does anyone know if the opposite is true? Does stuff you purchase in the app show up in the Marketplace as being purchased?

Vert boil

Wow. The game came out 2 weeks ago for 1200 MSP. Last week, there was the first piece of 800 MSP DLC. And now a 2nd piece of DLC for 800 MSP. Smh....

Dogfight 1942 was originally planned and built as a retail game that was called Combat Wings: The Great Battles of WWII. If they don't put up many more DLC packs then the total cost would be what they would have charged for a GoD/retail release.

Ricker

I kinda liked the trial for R A W...only played the Rogue lady though and the end of the demo pissed me off a bit but it reminded me of the Baldur's Gate console games...could be fun in the 2 player co-op...

BigMack

Dogfight 1942 was originally planned and built as a retail game that was called Combat Wings: The Great Battles of WWII. If they don't put up many more DLC packs then the total cost would be what they would have charged for a GoD/retail release.

Ah ok. Didn't realize that. Makes a little more sense now.

Samus4145

My quick recap of R.A.W.

Game boots you from Xbox live and nothing you can do to sign in. It feels generic, with a lack of polish. While the game is pretty to look at, there is no sense of collision or connecting with enemies - although there is a very impressive number of enemies onscreen at once. Animations are lacking with enemies sliding and warping into position if you use magic attacks. Oh and it's only local co-op.

I'll be getting around to a full review this weekend, but honestly not worth $15.

Rlan

Added to Xbox.com

boxartlg.jpg

Network Battle Mode is now available on Xbox LIVE Arcade for the all new "GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS" from the best-selling 2D fighting game series. It all started from Story Mode, and now there's a wide variety of Modes to play! Choose from among 25 fighters and engage in high-speed combat!

screenlg11.jpg

screenlg12.jpg

screenlg13.jpg

screenlg14.jpg

screenlg15.jpg

screenlg16.jpg

screenlg17.jpg

screenlg18.jpg

screenlg19.jpg

screenlg20.jpg

MYeager

My quick recap of R.A.W.

Game boots you from Xbox live and nothing you can do to sign in. It feels generic, with a lack of polish. While the game is pretty to look at, there is no sense of collision or connecting with enemies - although there is a very impressive number of enemies onscreen at once. Animations are lacking with enemies sliding and warping into position if you use magic attacks. Oh and it's only local co-op.

I'll be getting around to a full review this weekend, but honestly not worth $15.

I'd also like to add that there are stones that act as lives for the levels, and if you lose them all you start all over, losing any loot/progress you made. The impressive number of enemies swarm in waves that make even the normal mode fairly difficult, and the fact that life/mana potion cost a lot of money makes it even worse. Life potions are expensive, enemies swarm and are difficult, and dying a couple times means losing all progress in that level.

That does not = fun.

Torchlight 2 is being released on XBLA this week?

No, probably never. But all the attention of anything hack and slash related is going to be on TL2, a far superior game.

RAW also doesn't even come out on PC until October. Should have gotten that version out the door sooner.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm checking this daily to see if Guilty Gear has a date yet.

Decado

No, probably never. But all the attention of anything hack and slash related is going to be on TL2, a far superior game.

RAW also doesn't even come out on PC until October. Should have gotten that version out the door sooner.

Oh :( I can still play it on PC, but it would be nice to have a version with local co-op. Didn't Torchlight 1 sell well on XBLA?

Oh :( I can still play it on PC, but it would be nice to have a version with local co-op. Didn't Torchlight 1 sell well on XBLA?

TL2 would be difficult to faithfully port to Xbox, according to the developers. It isn't something totally out of the question, but they have no plans to. So it is pretty unlikely.

TL1 on Xbox did make money, though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I hope that comes to iOS.

I mean, clearly it'd be better for visibility if it did. It's not doing anything to foster a brand if only a four-digit number of people play it.

The demo is OK, lots of annoying menus and text, and the controls are a little weird, but it seems like there's a lot of different unlockable powerups and stuff. Nothing that strikes me as MUST-PLAY. I'll probably buy it since it's only 0.99 and report back. (I have a WP7 to play around with for the exclusive games, hahaha)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, Fire Pro Wresting BUY page is up (800 pts, demo now available by searching Bing on LIVE itself).. And the game has a 400 pts Day 1 DLC Available for it!

Called the "Legends Series", it offers 12 new matches, 20 new wrestlers, a set of new moves, and more costumes.

Will have to wait for more info on that... but trying out the trial now.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I mean, clearly it'd be better for visibility if it did. It's not doing anything to foster a brand if only a four-digit number of people play it.

The demo is OK, lots of annoying menus and text, and the controls are a little weird, but it seems like there's a lot of different unlockable powerups and stuff. Nothing that strikes me as MUST-PLAY. I'll probably buy it since it's only 0.99 and report back. (I have a WP7 to play around with for the exclusive games, hahaha)

I've been contemplating getting a 610 for pretty much the same. They're literally giving them away unlocked at the moment.

Fire Pro is so low res. Holy shit.

Yeah, it's definitely sub-HD soft, but I think it's fine given the look.

Bought it after the first two tutorial matches where you see how the system is essentially, AFAIR, FP-style rock/paper/scissors triangle with timing/counters and a three-gauge system for health/stamina/soul. Lots of costumes and moves and levels to gain to build up your wrestler. Considering the cartoony-looks and animations and messy, old-school collisions, it's a fine wrestling title from what I can tell. Just not near as visually polished as it could have been had they abandoned the Avatars. Still, solid and the best (and only) wrestling XBLA game. If you can live with the Avatar goofiness, you'll be able to cover it over with costumes that look more appropriate very early in. Only the animation hurts because it's so retro sloppy for connecting hits and locking up to grapple. Also, if you're trying to jump right into CAW, you'll have to unlock and buy stuff to really make fully-complete and kitted-out characters from the start. Not sure if that moves and abilities list is shared between characters, though, or if you have to unlock for each one.

Ricker

My quick recap of R.A.W.

You sure about just local co-op? I pretty much agree on what you said though.I have tried all 3 guys now and the Warrior was the worst as far as ennemies animation,the Wizard was the better ennemy wise but yeah,the atmosphere and eerie music and the graphics are pretty good but what kills this game is the animations...still enjoyed it but at this point I will grab it when it's on sale for like 800 or 400 points...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom