• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown Sale starting December 22 - "Biggest sale ever"

Anyone know by what % these will be discounted?

In the OP:

The sale includes deals for both Xbox One and Xbox 360, with up to 40 to 60 percent off, and some deals even more than 60 percent off. Xbox Live Gold members will save up to an additional 10 percent on top of the game discounts, so now is a great time to go Gold and reap the benefits.

Chris1

Can't be arsed to put a "ain't believe their lies" picture. I'd love to eat crow, though

"Biggest" being the keyword... They promised over 200 games alone and it looks like they're counting movies/TV too for the "biggest" part, I don't think there's been another Xbox sale with more games than that. There was 150 games for Black Friday and that was a lot more than usual too.

Freeman76

Usual shit I expect, MS with their propaganda to grow our expectations with SUPER deals where digital prices are double what we can get in the shops.

Genio88

It's that time of the year again!!! But i don't care cause i've already purchased everything i wanted on Xbox One...

mike4001_

"The sale includes deals for both Xbox One and Xbox 360, with up to 40 to 60 percent off, and some deals even more than 60 percent off."

That line made me laugh. Literally saying the sale can go anywhere from 1% to 99%.

You should know already that MS PR are absolute gods at the number game.

They'll be $40 each, count on it.

Hopefully, the only two I need for the additional 60,000 in Rewards Credit from Xbox Live Rewards. I assume they count toward it even if discounted. Wonder what else will be discounted... Newegg currently has $60 Xbox Gift Cards for $53. Decisions, decisions.

I remember some pretty good deals this time last year, notably Sunset overdrive was 50% off on Christmas day (from my memory at least!)

Y0j1mb0

Missed out on the Killer Instinct season pass deal they had earlier, will definitely get it if that deal drops again.

Phinor

They say all xbox fans but do they still mean only those living in few specific countries? Xbox Live Rewards are certainly not available in most countries and I really doubt they are suddenly going to roll that scheme worldwide in few days.

Movies obviously won't be available because they don't refer to movies when talking to "all xbox fans" but that rewards mention is directly tied to "all xbox fans". Pretty sure it's just a mistake from their part and it's really annoying. Don't refer to everyone when you specifically filter out most countries.

natertots

Since I didn't get GTA V last time I'd like to see that. I also hope that Sunset Overdrive get's a nice mark down. That is one game I really want digitally. I also wouldn't mind seeing some bargains on launch games, like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. I also didn't get Borderlands: Handsome Collection over Black Friday and have been regretting it so if that's there I'll have to get that too.

My poor backlog.

GoxRx

Since I didn't get GTA V last time I'd like to see that. I also hope that Sunset Overdrive get's a nice mark down. That is one game I really want digitally. I also wouldn't mind seeing some bargains on launch games, like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. I also didn't get Borderlands: Handsome Collection over Black Friday and have been regretting it so if that's there I'll have to get that too.

My poor backlog.

Good choice, it's one of my favorites games this gen.

Falchion

Hoping Syndicate is around $30. Also I'm waiting on this sale to get some games for my brother so hopefully it's worth cutting it so close.

Are you in a country where digital is cheaper than physical?

If you make use of the Xbox One not being region locked, you can buy from another countries digital store. I live in the UK, but buy all my games from either the HK or US stores, all cheaper than their physical versions.

Freeman76

If you make use of the Xbox One not being region locked, you can buy from another countries digital store. I live in the UK, but buy all my games from either the HK or US stores, all cheaper than their physical versions.

Yeah i know i do the same, but these dudes are rubbishing my comment as though where they are digital isnt more expensive than physical.

Sydle

I may buy Forza 6 and Fallout 4 if they're each about $30. I have pretty much everything else I want.

Hoping the movie selection is good, too.

yyr

Excellent. I've been waiting for a sale on Ori.

As others pointed out, it was just $10 for BF. I bought it at that price, knowing nothing about it at all, and am about halfway through it now.

I can honestly say that it's worth paying full price ($20) for, so if there's any discount at all, you own an X1, and you like Metroidvania-style games EVEN A LITTLE, and you somehow didn't grab it yet, buy it.

Looking forward to the other sale prices =)

Life is strange please

That was also just $10 during BF =\

Ricker

As a new X1 owner I am hoping for games like Ryse and Sunset Overdrive,the console exclusive let's say to be cheap and grab them...this is why I only got Rise of the Tomb Raider so far.

GravyButt

I may bite on south park if it's cheaper than what I can get on ebay. Someone on cag claimed they saw skyrim in the video snd I got super excited hoping it would be a special BC launch. After watching the video its not there. Wonder how that person goofed that up.

Top Bottom